Sorry Dak

okstateCowboy

Reaction score
Romos 1st season as starter....19 tds, 13 ints. 2nd season....36 tds, 19 ints. In 2 seasons, 26 ints.

I loved Tony, but people here are completely delusional on what he was. He was a fine QB but it's not like was a generational talent. Dak is on par with Tony at this point in his career.

mardwin

Reaction score
When the Dak vs Romo debate was going last year, I kept bringing up RGIII and I still think it is the closest comparison.

Dak was put into a championship level team last year and looked good.. but should have been back riding the pine once Romo was ready and he sure as hell shouldn't be leading this team this season.

He is a bus driver, Alex Smith, type QB. Get it in your head, he will have a huge QB rating every game because he doesn't take risks and he gets a lot of easy completions on the back of the all out run defences he faces. The moment they stop our running game.. then we see the real Dak.. can't hit a target.. can't maintain drives.. can't hit the big plays and ffs doesn't understand that on a 4th down you can't pass it short of the sticks.. I'd rather a jump ball than watch us fall 1 yard short!

We will not win a SB with Dak behind Centre.. end of story.

You can win a SB as long as the rest of the team contributes but when we have a horrible defense and our special team is only good when kicking FG it makes it much harder.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
Hmm, I seem to remember Romo looking pretty pedestrian in that Giants loss to end the 2007 season.

By the way, I'm talking second season IN THE LEAGUE. Romo was riding the pine his second season.

Yes, he was fantastic as a 27-year-old fourth-year pro who had three years in the league to learn a playbook, build a rapport with teammates and study NFL defenses. Comparing that to a 24-year-old second-year pro is a bit disingenuous.
I couldnt care less what he did his first year at this point. We still were 1 and done in the playoffs. This team decided to rid itself of the best qb its had in decades for this guy, so sorry for me wanting sustained success

NumOneQB

Reaction score
What did he do in the second half? You know, when we blew the lead and needed him to lead our team down for a game winning TD

Not this

HTTP2luc2lkZXRoZXN0YXIuY29tL3dwLWNvbnRlbnQvdXBsb2Fkcy8yMDE2LzAzL1dLMS1Sb21vLXRvLVdpdHRlbi1URC5naWYlog.gif

Your agenda is obvious. Put on your CBS shirt and enjoy your Romo commentary. Dak’s done more in 1 year than Romo in his entire career. Danny White is still the 3rd best Cowboy QB ever behind Aikman & Roger. Truth hurts, I know.

reddyuta

Reaction score
Dak was under constant pressure.

He missed some passes but kept us competitive in spite of our terrible ol play, terrible wr play and godawful coaching
this is true but he has to be perfect because of all those things,he essentially has to be Romo now because our D has regressed to the Nether level.

DIAF

DivaLover159
Reaction score
But he has very little in common with RGIII

The only thing they really have in common is that they both lacked polish as passers coming out of college and played in gimmicky spread offenses.

RGIII was the better passer, and his physical attributes blow Dak's out of the water.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
I loved Tony, but people here are completely delusional on what he was. He was a fine QB but it's not like was a generational talent. Dak is on par with Tony at this point in his career.

I put those stats in my signature line. So I can refer to it when someone brings up the great Romo never played bad.

DOUBLE WING

Reaction score
I couldnt care less what he did his first year at this point. We still were 1 and done in the playoffs. This team decided to rid itself of the best qb its had in decades for this guy, so sorry for me wanting sustained success

Ahh, so the truth rears its ugly head. It's not about Dak, is it? It's about you pining for a retired QB who can't take a hit anymore without being carted off on a stretcher.

It's over. He's retired and working happily in the announce booth now. Move on with your life.

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
In this league, you need an elite QB and/or an elite defense to win a SB. The Cowboys haven't had either (Romo wasn't on the level of Brady/Rodgers/prime Peyton so nope, can't count him).

Dak is going to struggle a bit over the next few years. He'll also look great as well but our only hope is for him to one day become elite or for the defense to be great enough to where he doesn't have to put up a flawless game. Either way though, with Garrett leading the way, I'm not optimistic on either.

KB1122

Reaction score
He hasn't put together a complete game this year. I've said we should bring in Johnny Manziel (on an incentive-based contract) and let them compete. Then look at the draft. And if Dak emerges from all of this as an elite quarterback, then fantastic.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
Ahh, so the truth rears its ugly head. It's not about Dak, is it? It's about you pining for a retired QB who can't take a hit anymore without being carted off on a stretcher.

It's over. He's retired and working happily in the announce booth now. Move on with your life.
No, the truth is this QB has regressed this year as a player, but homers like you are failing to see it.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
They weren't sending heavy blitzes on every single down and they still weren't giving Dak time. Stop yourself because if you can watch this game and think the pass protection was even average you know nothing about football. You might as well take up watching tennis.

YR

Again, you are pretending Dak had pressure in his face. He actually was able to stand back and scan the field and even step up in the pocket. The pocket was not collapsing, we have seen MUCH WORSE over the years.

You want Dak to have 10 seconds to stand back there. If anything, you are making the argument as to what is wrong with Dak and why he was so successful last year. He had time some QBs dream for, this year, the O-Line isn't play quite as high as they did in previous years, but it's still better than most offensive lines in the league.

He failed. He was part of why the team climbed back, we had a chance to put them away and collectively we blew it. Dak was a big reason.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
He hasn't put together a complete game this year. I've said we should bring in Johnny Manziel (on an incentive-based contract) and let them compete. Then look at the draft. And if Dak emerges from all of this as an elite quarterback, then fantastic.

The OL, Zeke, the defense haven't put together a complete game this year.

cityochamps

What Just Happened Here
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You can win a SB as long as the rest of the team contributes but when we have a horrible defense and our special team is only good when kicking FG it makes it much harder.
Agree with this, don't place this whole thing on Dak, plenty of blame to go around on this squad from coaches on down

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
We adjusted last week in the 3-2-6 and it worked. You're right about the middle. The LB's are pathetic and Safety play is awful. I hope Woods takes over for Heath soon. Taco shouldn't even be on the field yet as well.

That's because the Cardinals O-Line stinks and we made that adjustment right before the half.

I'm actually not too down on Jaylon today. He still has some issues that need to be sorted out, but the weakside of the D-Line was pathetic today. There was one key play where D-Law was triple teamed and the DT next to him got caught in the junk, but the weakside had a great opportunity to get pressure and they never caught a whiff of Goff who made an easy pitch-n-catch for a first down and he also had about 2.5+ seconds to throw the ball.

Again, I'm not impressed with Maliek Collins. He seems like a very good athlete, but his technique blows and a decent O-Linemen with pretty good technique can easily use that against him. Crawford's quickness and burst from 2014 and 2015 isn't there.

Personally, I think we need a new D-Coordinator. I'm not a Rod-hater, but we need somebody that doesn't fall too in love with pet cats, values the safety position more and can dial in more blitzes to throw opposing offenses off balance.

YR