Sorry Dak

mattjames2010

Reaction score
It depends...are you going to ignore Gurley having the best game of his career? Or is that Goffs credit?

Do you think if Goff was playing terribly that those running lanes would open? They began to open more and more due to Goff making throws, we then had to account for the pass. Go back and look at the thread and see people screaming about us playing for the pass late rather than the run. Rod feared Goff making completions down the field.

DOUBLE WING

Reaction score
No, the truth is this QB has regressed this year as a player, but homers like you are failing to see it.

How many second-year QB's are playing as well as Dak right now?

Hell, how many QB's in the NFL period not named Tom Brady-Aaron Rodgers-Drew Brees are playing as well as Dak?

He's not been perfect, but he's been damn good.

Gator88

Reaction score
Hmm, I seem to remember Romo looking pretty pedestrian in that Giants loss to end the 2007 season.

By the way, I'm talking second season IN THE LEAGUE. Romo was riding the pine his second season.

Yes, he was fantastic as a 27-year-old fourth-year pro who had three years in the league to learn a playbook, build a rapport with teammates and study NFL defenses. Comparing that to a 24-year-old second-year pro is a bit disingenuous.
He scored more against the same defense than the 2007 Patriots did, and would have won the game with basically no receiving threats if Crayton hadn't quit on the game winning td pass.

As for Dak being in his second year and still learning, that's fine, but let's stop comparing him to elite QBs then since he isn't at that level.

Ken

Reaction score
Again, you are pretending Dak had pressure in his face. He actually was able to stand back and scan the field and even step up in the pocket. The pocket was not collapsing, we have seen MUCH WORSE over the years.

You want Dak to have 10 seconds to stand back there. If anything, you are making the argument as to what is wrong with Dak and why he was so successful last year. He had time some QBs dream for, this year, the O-Line isn't play quite as high as they did in previous years, but it's still better than most offensive lines in the league.

He failed. He was part of why the team climbed back, we had a chance to put them away and collectively we blew it. Dak was a big reason.
matt...you are really bringing it today....we are alk sitting back in awe at your hot takes.

keep going brother...amazing stuff here.

Cowboysfan917

Reaction score
This shouldn't be a Romo vs Dak thread. Romo is retired and happily calling games. Maybe we should appreciate what we had more but they are totally different players anyway. Romo was hurt by lousy offensive lines, lousy defenses, lousy drafts, and lousy coaching. Dak is dealing with poor coaching but a better supporting cast than Romo usually had. Garrett is probably a better head coach than Phillips was.

That being said, Dak is a tremendous athlete and does great on the move, even made some impressive plays avoiding pressure... the inconsistency was bad though. His incompletions were really bad and very far off the mark. He is not an accurate pocket passer, streaky at best. He is a game manager but we do not have a good enough team for a game manager to win. I do hope we draft someone else next season because winning in this league requires excellent QB play...

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
Again, you are pretending Dak had pressure in his face. He actually was able to stand back and scan the field and even step up in the pocket. The pocket was not collapsing, we have seen MUCH WORSE over the years.

You want Dak to have 10 seconds to stand back there. If anything, you are making the argument as to what is wrong with Dak and why he was so successful last year. He had time some QBs dream for, this year, the O-Line isn't play quite as high as they did in previous years, but it's still better than most offensive lines in the league.

He failed. He was part of why the team climbed back, we had a chance to put them away and collectively we blew it. Dak was a big reason.

WRONG. If that was the case, how come the OL didn't open holes up for Zeke? The OL was up and down all game. And the recievers as usual didn't get open in the 2nd half like Goffs recievers who had wide open field to run.

DandyDon1722

It's been a good 'un, ain't it?
Reaction score
He was the only guy that showed up today for the entire game outside of Byron Jones.

For some reason he's having trouble throwing accurately to his left, but other than that I'm fine with him. He was the reason why the game was close as the pass protection was awful. Tyron was dominated, folks. The TE's, both Hanna and Witten aren't blocking well. EE is consistently missing his rub blocks.

If this was Romo, we would've lost by 3 TD's. And nothing against Romo, but the pass protection was so poor he just wouldn't have been able to escape the pressure.

And it's pretty easy to see what defenses are going to do...blitz and a lot of overloads. We just don't have the hot routes and the WR's in place along with the pass pro to scare teams off.

We need to throw more plays with some 7 man blockers and scare teams deep a few players here and there and maybe get Switzer into the fold to run duo pivot routes. Also, it's nice to have Dez in the slot now...but of course we have to overdo it and that means Beasley plays more Z-receiver which cuts off what he can do beacuse of the sideline.

I'm just tired of the extremes that Garrett and his play designs run into. He's never understood the concept of balance and moderation.

YR

What?

Another classic YR passive-aggressive mention on Romo. Wouldn't have escaped the pressure? Have you ever seen You Tube clips of him running for his life in the early years and creating drives out of nothing?

If not go ahead and respond and I will post the link.

And no, we would not have lost by 3TD's with him. We might not have won but that's just a dumb statement.

For God's sake move on, and stop with that embarrassing stuff.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Do you think if Goff was playing terribly that those running lanes would open? They began to open more and more due to Goff making throws, we then had to account for the pass. Go back and look at the thread and see people screaming about us playing for the pass late rather than the run. Rod feared Goff making completions down the field.

Yes. Those lanes would've stayed open. The defense isn't good. And take away Sean Lee? Ok.

DOUBLE WING

Reaction score
He scored more against the same defense than the 2007 Patriots did, and would have won the game with basically no receiving threats if Crayton hadn't quit on the game winning td pass.

As for Dak being in his second year and still learning, that's fine, but let's stop comparing him to elite QBs then since he isn't at that level.

Who is saying he's an elite QB? Don't take a couple of comments from CZ posters as gospel and hold it against the guy. He's playing great for a second year QB, better than a lot of NFL starters right now with much more seasoning than he has.

Lutonio

Reaction score
The only problem I had with Dak today was his last throw to Zeke. You can't throw a 5 yard pass on 4th down when you need 10.

Dak should know that doesn't work based on similar experiences targeting Witten.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
I loved Tony, but people here are completely delusional on what he was. He was a fine QB but it's not like was a generational talent. Dak is on par with Tony at this point in his career.

I love these posts

"I loved Tony but..."

Nobody cares. Simple fact is, it's looking like we downgraded a lot for a noodle arm, sometimes mobile QB that is apparently cocky after a single win.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
No, the truth is this QB has regressed this year as a player, but homers like you are failing to see it.

And homers like you fail to see the OL, Zeke, our defense tackling, our safety play has regressed this year.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
Again, you are pretending Dak had pressure in his face.

There is no pretending. He had one drive where he had consistent throws in rhythm with the same launch point. And that was the last TD drive and we scored easily. He took brutal his all game long on the throws he was able to get off.

Personally, I'm more concerned about Tyron at this point. He's not exactly been playing that well prior to this but he was poor today and I wonder just how bad those back issues are. And EE's blocking today was terrible. We need to adjust the offense if he's not going to block better and help out.

YR

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Stop it, Stop it .....,.just stop it. I can't take it anymore...........LOL:oldcouple:

MrPeanutbutter

What is this, a crossover episode?
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Watching Red Zone. Wentz looks just like Dak. A bunch of good plays and then the occasional bad throw. it's fine. He'll improve

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
I love these posts

"I loved Tony but..."

Nobody cares. Simple fact is, it's looking like we downgraded a lot for a noodle arm, sometimes mobile QB that is apparently cocky after a single win.

The noodle arm Romo who thew 36 INTS his 1st 2 season as a starter.