Sorry Dak

mattjames2010

Reaction score
He's a TERRIBLE veteran DC who nobody trusts to wipe his own ***. If you're reaching for Rod's decision making to prove your point then you're in trouble

LOL

> Veteran Super Bowl winning DC can't evaluate what the bigger threat is on the field

Okay, pal. I'm not fan of Rod, but he knows which is more of a threat. Again, Goff made plays down the field and we had to game plan against that, and Gurley went off because of it.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
LOL oh really, so a QB bringing his team back from behind while the other QB allowed the lead to slip away isn't playing better?

This is hilarious.

The DEFENSE allowed Goff to bring his team back Einstein. The Rams defense stopped Zeke and hit Dak in the 2nd half.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
a horrible holding call prevented a different outcome.

You have no clue about this. Stop the "what if" nonsense. It would have only tied, not won the game. And they went down to get a field goal anyways.

Jesus, you people are not smart.

River82

Reaction score
LOL

> Veteran Super Bowl winning DC can't evaluate what the bigger threat is on the field

Okay, pal. I'm not fan of Rod, but he knows which is more of a threat. Again, Goff made plays down the field and we had to game plan against that, and Gurley went off because of it.

Goff wasn't making plays down the field. Judging a person's current capabilities on his past capabilities is a fallacy. And it's good that you're not a fan of Rod, because he does nothing.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
He's not a problem at all. For a second year QB he's doing fine.

And no QB brought his team back. The Rams running game brought the team back, Goff was a passenger

"And no QB brought his team back"

LOL yes, Goff made 0 throws in the second half. It was everyone else, not Goff...

River82

Reaction score
"And no QB brought his team back"

LOL yes, Goff made 0 throws in the second half. It was everyone else, not Goff...

If making throws in the second half is by definition "bring a team back" then Dak must have brought his team back also

oh wait ...

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Goff wasn't making plays down the field. Judging a person's current capabilities on his past capabilities is a fallacy. And it's good that you're not a fan of Rod, because he does nothing.

Of freakin' course he was making plays. The game was only a few hours ago, what are you even on about? Why go this far to make excuses?

Even your outright denial that Goff didn't play a part in leading his team back. This is embarrassing.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Why is it complicated? A solid QB draft class is coming up, we could potentially have a top 15 pick with how we are playing.

Draft your future QB - doesn't matter how bad the defense is, you don't have a franchise QB, you rarely win a Super Bowl in this league.

There's nothing complicated about this. The Cowboys have a franchise quarterback. His name is Dak Prescott.

But if you can't stop teams from scoring 35 or 42 points against you, you don't win Super Bowls either. Dallas put up 440 yards and four touchdowns today and lost. I really, really want to know how Dak was the reason we lost today.

River82

Reaction score
Of freakin' course he was making plays. The game was only a few hours ago, what are you even on about? Why go this far to make excuses?

Even your outright denial that Goff didn't play a part in leading his team back. This is embarrassing.

I saw him miss down the field. I saw him throw short and intermediate passes. It's why Dak and Goff had similar number of throws and similar yardage ... unless Dak was "making plays down the field" also

mattjames2010

Reaction score
If making throws in the second half is by definition "bring a team back" then Dak must have brought his team back also

oh wait ...

Not the point I was making, you can try not playing dumb at some point. If you are truly dumb, I apologize...

You are stating Goff PLAYED NO PART in their comeback. So, he didn't make any key third down throws? Not a single TD pass?

The TD pass to Gurley meant nothing, even though it put them ahead.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA DUMB!

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
And if he looks terrible for half a game again, the homers will blame everyone but him...

30 points should win most games in the NFL. This is the second game where the D made a QB who wasn't proven look like an All Star QB, but all of the blame is put on Dak for the loss. If Dak is to blame for this game, then Romo is for the Denver game where he threw a pick to give the game to the Broncos. Despite the fact how much the O scored in that game.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
I saw him miss down the field. I saw him throw short and intermediate passes. It's why Dak and Goff had similar number of throws and similar yardage ... unless Dak was "making plays down the field" also

Okay, so who was wearing Goff's uniform when the TD was thrown to take the lead....

Remember, he didn't play a part in the comeback. So who gets the credit?

River82

Reaction score
Not the point I was making, you can try not playing dumb at some point. If you are truly dumb, I apologize...

You are stating Goff PLAYED NO PART in their comeback. So, he didn't make any key third down throws? Not a single TD pass?

The TD pass to Gurley meant nothing, even though it put them ahead.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA DUMB!

And yet another strawman, your incompetence knows no bounds.

At no point did I say that Goff played "no part" in the comeback, if you are "on the field" then you're by definition "being part" of the comeback. You said that Goff "brought his team back to win" which he did not.

The TD pass to Gurley was about 10 yards, and Gurley ran the next 30 for a TD.

River82

Reaction score
Okay, so who was wearing Goff's uniform when the TD was thrown to take the lead....

Remember, he didn't play a part in the comeback. So who gets the credit?

It was a short to intermediate pass to Gurley who ran in for the TD. It wasn't a 30 yard pass "down the field"

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
And if the OL, Zeke, the defense look terrible for half a game again, you will blame Dak 24/7 but ignore them...
In case you werent aware, this thread is about Dak.

I never said that Zeke or the OL arent to blame as well. They all were bad, but the QB has to play better or we wont win many games.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
It was a short to intermediate pass to Gurley who ran in for the TD. It wasn't a 30 yard pass "down the field"

LOL

> He didn't play a part in it
> Okay, well he did, but that was just a short throw

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

And I didn't say a TD pass was down the field, I said he made plays down the field which opened up the run game.

Still waiting for you to tell me who was in Goff's uniform making those throws to lead the team back and win it.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
One more thing- when did this stop being a team? The score today was not Rams 35, Dak Prescott 30. It was Rams 35, Cowboys 30.

Everybody that wanted Dak to not miss so many throws in the second half should ask the defense to do their job and get off the field. Maybe force a turnover to get Dak an extra possession to get into a rhythm. Maybe ask the offensive line to take over a game and impose their will on the defense. There's three all-pros up front and it's also time for them to play like it.

Don't misread this- I am not giving Prescott a free pass. He didn't play well in the second half. But I've seen Russell Wilson, Matt Ryan, etc. have bad streaks and also seen their teams rise up and pick up the slack.