Source: NFLPA files for restraining order to again block Ezekiel Elliott suspension

Status
Not open for further replies.

dogberry

Reaction score
Is "we want to control the venue" a valid reason to file a lawsuit?

Doesn't the NFL need a real complaint to file a suit against someone?

One does have to file against someone, doesn't one, and not against air.

Have now seen Bohuntr97's explanation.

Plankton

Reaction score
When he says he's going to read Brady, does he mean the Appeals finding or the initial District Court finding? I assume he means the Appeals, correct?

240233._UY475_SS475_.jpg

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
There's a difference between partying and doing some of the things Elliott did. See that's the mistake some of you make when defending Elliott. That you think people are just getting on him for going out and partying with his buddies. That's not what people are saying.

For example, when you partied with Romo, did he pull down a girl's top? Did he get in a car and drive 120 mph? Did he and/or a buddy sucker punch a DJ? Did Romo have such an issue with off the field stuff that his father openly said that he worries about his son and he better clean up his life?

That's not "normal" behavior. Going out to bars, having fun, drinking. Normal. Being an idiot beyond that? Not normal.

apparently neither did Zeke

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Is "we want to control the venue" a valid reason to file a lawsuit?

Doesn't the NFL need a real complaint to file a suit against someone?

One does have to file against someone, doesn't one, and not against air.

Have now seen Bohuntr97's explanation.
It is still a dirty trick since they control when the arbitrator will announce his award and the NFLPA can only file after they receive and read the award...... the NFL will beat them to court every time..... they can have a team waiting at the courthouse before they make the announcement

Especially when it is only to affirm their own decision

Bleedblue1111

Reaction score
I honestly hope the Cowboys never draft a running back in the 1st round ever again, its not worth it. I honestly dont think Elliott will see a second contract here, not because of legal issues, but I think he'll show signs of slowing down by that point.
The FO needs to be smart, draft rb in the later rounds and use them and abuse them until their rookie contract is up.
You do realize we took Emmitt Smith and Tony Dorsett in the first round, and Herschel Walker, who we traded for 3 Superbowls? o_O

Beast_from_East

Reaction score

well yeah, can you blame them?? The NFL held all the cards in regards to the timing of HH's arbitration ruling. I hope Kessler argued how is it fair that only the NFL knows when the ruling will come down thus giving the NFL legal team a "head start" to file in the forum of their choosing

The NFL crying about venue shopping is rich, wow. They kicked and screamed and cried like a baby to get the case moved to NY.

Don’t know how their attorneys can even keep a straight face, wow

Pants

Reaction score
I have him in my fantasy league, I just need to know, will he play this week or not

Bleedblue1111

Reaction score
Lol, you do realize Im talking about currently, right? You can get a damn good back in the later rounds in todays NFL pops
Ok, so you're suggesting a team like the Rams who took a RB in 1st round, in this era, would be a better team without Gurley, and should be playing a little above average running back in their offense? Sorry, I respectfully disagree.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.