Sources: T.O.'s expressed resentment toward Romo

Batman

Reaction score
CowboyWay;2481968 said:
It surprises me how many people just don't believe this story. Look at TO's history. Look at Romo on the sideline. They are not having fun together like they used to.

I fear this might be the end of the road for TO. Hello Anquan Boldin.

I would say the resentment from T.O. comes from losing games. He should have no problems getting 1000+ yards and is only 1 TD catch away from 10 TDs for the season. Romo seems to be completely locked in on T.O. or Witten so I am not sure where T.O. would have much to complain about.

As for Williams and Crayton, I can see where there could be something to them not being happy. I am seriously wondering if Romo even looks in their direction. They have been open many times and Romo completely did not see it. Romo needs to realize that there are other recievers besides T.O. and Witten.

5Countem5

Benched
Reaction score
Rampage;2482029 said:
yeah cause instead of kicking him off they figured they'd trade him and get something in return. so Jordan is Owens defender #1 so you must be Owens defender #2. you're on cowboyszone not T.O.zone

This is CowboysZone not CowboyHaterZone...

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Hostile;2482028 said:
Just today there is an article posted with a TO Q & A that kind of flies in the face of all of this. Only it is a positive spin article so it gets no hits.

Funny how that works out... :huh:

scottsp

Reaction score
Sensationalized at times? Certainly. Though, not so sure I'll be an ostrich with this particular topic.

It's no secret Owens and Romo aren't the best of friends, but they don't have to be. Owens is easily frustrated when he feels slighted and the ball is not delivered as he feels it should be.

Has this particular embrolio gone the way Werder describes? I dunno. but I believe there is some truth to it.

Of course, I have been one to dismiss these things before. Scissorgate, Dennis Pedini, the moon landings. Never happened.

5Countem5

Benched
Reaction score
Rampage;2482029 said:
yeah cause instead of kicking him off they figured they'd trade him and get something in return.

Nice attempt at fixing a screw-up .... Learn a little bit about things before you post- it works out much better for all and you don't look as silly.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
5Countem5;2482037 said:
This is CowboysZone not CowboyHaterZone...[/quotehttp://i180.***BLOCKED***/albums/x278/tx18wheels/TerrellOwens.jpg
to.jpg

he will never be a real cowboy. funny how most former cowboys could care less about the guy.

5Countem5

Benched
Reaction score
Rampage;2482048 said:
5Countem5;2482037 said:
This is CowboysZone not CowboyHaterZone...[/quotehttp://i180.***BLOCKED***/albums/x278/tx18wheels/TerrellOwens.jpg
to.jpg

he will never be a real cowboy. funny how most former cowboys could care less about the guy.

Funny..he seems to wear a Cowboy uniform, when he scores those points go up on the Cowboy side of the scoreboard.

Seems to be real to me.

JordanTaber

Benched
Reaction score
Boysboy;2482027 said:
Add another team to that list-the Ravens...remember how he initially was traded to them by the Niners, but Owens did everything he could(and successfully) to get that trade voided and get sent to Philly. He even threw Kyle Bohler under the bus on national tv to make his case.

In the end, it was already too late for the Ravens to get a good receiver(all of the UFAs were taken), which was a glaring hole for them. Otherwise, a good receiver could have taken them far in that season. Instead, it set them back that year, and a couple more years after that.

Never happened.

Whose side are you on, anyway?

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
JordanTaber;2481967 said:
Nice try.

You believe every negative word written about Owens. I've seen how you've reacted each time.

And the only people we actually know are aggravated are the fans. The only thing we hear from the players are comments about how they like Owens as a teammate and that they play dominoes with him in the locker room. Oh, and he's a team captain.

But you go right on believing that NFL locker rooms work like soap operas and thinking an article by Ed Werder that contains extensive quotes from "anonymous sources" is accurate.

Sorry, but I don't believe every negative word about Owens. The media does attack him way more than he deserves. I've already pointed out that Burress is about half a thug and got fined a billion times with the Giants, but for some reason ESPN doesn't blow it into a huge story.

And believe it or not, there have been times where I've almost started to like TO.

But I can also see that not everything negative said about him is fabricated and dropped from the black helicopters, either. I don't need the media to tell me what I saw in that ridiculous Deion interview after a win, just to name one example. Nor to read quotes from actual players who didn't like him as a teammate.

Now... Carry on with the crusade.

Boysboy

Reaction score
JordanTaber;2482062 said:
Never happened.

Whose side are you on, anyway?

Yes he did.

For the record, I'm on Owens side in this debate. This doesn't mean I'm going as far as defending what he did in the past. I'm saying that this whole thing going on is overblown.

CowboyWay

If Coach would have put me in, we'd a won State
Reaction score
Batman;2482032 said:
I would say the resentment from T.O. comes from losing games. He should have no problems getting 1000+ yards and is only 1 TD catch away from 10 TDs for the season. Romo seems to be completely locked in on T.O. or Witten so I am not sure where T.O. would have much to complain about.

As for Williams and Crayton, I can see where there could be something to them not being happy. I am seriously wondering if Romo even looks in their direction. They have been open many times and Romo completely did not see it. Romo needs to realize that there are other recievers besides T.O. and Witten.

I'm wondering how many of Romo's picks come from him trying to force the ball to TO to keep him happy. There were two this week alone.

I'm sure some of this is blown out of porportion, but I doubt it is a lot of it. TO is TO.

I don't remember this many people fighting these rumors when this stuff first hit Philadelphia. We ran with it, like everyone else is doing now.

You can't deny that Romo just doesn't look like the old fun loving Romo on the sidelines anymore. Its a shame.

khiladi

Reaction score
Rampage;2482048 said:
5Countem5;2482037 said:
to.jpg

How did you like it last year, against the Eagles, he was flapping wings taunting the Eagles fans? He was playing for the Eagles and 49' ers than... He's a showman...

Boysboy

Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;2482064 said:
Sorry, but I don't believe every negative word about Owens. The media does attack him way more than he deserves. I've already pointed out that Burress is about half a thug and got fined a billion times with the Giants, but for some reason ESPN doesn't blow it into a huge story.

And believe it or not, there have been times where I've almost started to like TO.

But I can also see that not everything negative said about him is fabricated and dropped from the black helicopters, either. I don't need the media to tell me what I saw in that ridiculous Deion interview after a win, just to name one example. Nor to read quotes from actual players who didn't like him as a teammate.

Now... Carry on with the crusade.

I love these lengthy debates, why? B/c we Zoners get to talk more in bigger frequency, and ultimately get to know each other better.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
khiladi;2482070 said:
Rampage;2482048 said:
How did you like it last year, against the Eagles, he was flapping wings taunting the Eagles fans? He was playing for the Eagles and 49' ers than... He's a showman...
he is but he has no respect. when I 1st heard we signed him
I didn't like it but figured since he's so good and I can't do anything about it I'd accept it. but I'm just sick of him as a player now. he doesn't give his all anymore combined with the pouting it's just too much drama/bs is around this guy when we need to be focused fighting for our playoff lives.

Boysboy

Reaction score
CowboyWay;2482069 said:
I'm wondering how many of Romo's picks come from him trying to force the ball to TO to keep him happy. There were two this week alone.

I'm sure some of this is blown out of porportion, but I doubt it is a lot of it. TO is TO.

I don't remember this many people fighting these rumors when this stuff first hit Philadelphia. We ran with it, like everyone else is doing now.

You can't deny that Romo just doesn't look like the old fun loving Romo on the sidelines anymore. Its a shame.

Alot of his INTs this year have been as a result of forcing it to Witten and other receivers. Remember in the Cincy game, he forced it into triple coverage to Witten. The one in GB was in tight coverage to Witten. The one against Philly was in double coverage to Austin. The one against Washington in Sept was when a LB had tight coverage on the sidelines on Austin. I'll give you the 2 INTs on Owens though.

Like I said-Romo has a problem with trying to take gambles and hit tight coverage, instead of taking what the D gives him. In Carolina last year WITHOUT Owens, he did the same by forcing one to Crayton.

No-not trying to bag on Romo, but just observing what I see.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
I will quote the man Malcolm X:

"The media's the most powerful entity on earth. They have the power to make the innocent guilty and to make the guilty innocent, and that's power. Because they control the minds of the masses."

CowboyWay

If Coach would have put me in, we'd a won State
Reaction score
Boysboy;2482078 said:
Alot of his INTs this year have been as a result of forcing it to Witten and other receivers. Remember in the Cincy game, he forced it into triple coverage to Witten. The one in GB was in tight coverage to Witten. The one against Philly was in double coverage to Austin. The one against Washington in Sept was when a LB had tight coverage on the sidelines on Austin. I'll give you the 2 INTs on Owens though.

Like I said-Romo has a problem with trying to take gambles and hit tight coverage, instead of taking what the D gives him. In Carolina last year WITHOUT Owens, he did the same by forcing one to Crayton.

No-not trying to bag on Romo, but just observing what I see.

Oh I agree. He makes some throws that just make you shake your head and say "what were you thinking". You take the good with the bad though. Its hard not to love the guy, but you can't help but wonder just how great he could be if he could just cut out some of the crazy picks he has.