Sources: T.O.'s expressed resentment toward Romo

ddh33

Reaction score
I don't think it has to be so extreme.

Look, I have made it very clear that I am with this team. I think (hope?) they are going to rise above this.

But I also think there are some issues. I don't think Werder has to make them up. But I don't think those issues have to derail this team either.

I don't consider myself some kind of "sheep" just because I happen to believe this is true. And I know who I'm cheering for too, and don't think I'm not hoping like crazy that Romo connects with TO and every other receiver on this team to help this group win. I guess I'm selfish that way.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Rampage;2481636 said:
why is everybody writing this off? do they really think this guy(Werder) just decided to make this up?

I think there is a misconception about werder.

A. The media uses the Dallas cowboys and Terrell Owens to make headlines and draw attention. they stretch his words and make issues that do not exist all the time.

B. Werder purposely pushes owens buttons.

so in turn I think there is this misconception that Ed Werder is not liked and doesnt have access so he makes stuff up, and nothing could be further from the truth. I see witten, garrett, brian stewart, crayton, ware, newman and many more talk to him at length every home game on the field during warmups.

Before owens came here we didnt have these absurd stories all the time, werder just covered the team and the players I think like werder. So everytime now there is a story from werder people make the leap that he doesnt have sources and no one likes him. Which is simply not true.

and this stuff all makes sense to me. Owens has attacked jason garrett repeatedly and Tony Romo repeatedly and he has guys like micheal irvin and deion sanders defending everything he does and says on the radio and tv everyday.

I am not trying to start another thread here, but Owens has stopped or run the wrong route in an abundance the past month. Laufenberg has been baffled at what he is doing on the field in many games, like the niners game on the second drive, owens had a stop n go or out n up, whatever you choose and he just ran the out and romo threw the up....Owens doesnt fight to break up interceptions ever and as soon as things go bad he goes right back to throwing romo and garrett under the bus.

I think there are some people in the locker room who are probably sick of him and why he is allowed to have a post game pc all to himself where he precedes to take shots at his coaches and quarterback. And I think that I was open comment blaming romo at the end of sundays game after owens himself played a poor game probably did not sit well. It was a situation where everyone should be rallying around romo and taking blame and helping him out.

instead we have owens blaming romo and garrett again and washing his hands clean of the loss saying he was open, meanwhile witten and romo are taking blame. that cant sit well in the locker room.

the most disturbing part of this whole thing to me is the public will choose owens and his antics over Witten/romo/garrett and their team first mentality. That will only fuel jerry jones to keep owens in the future, which it is clearer than ever the man should not be here.

and for you owens lovers, if you dont like what I have to say too bad. Go to the stadium yourself and watch how the team interacts on the field and sidelines and then how owens interacts with the rest of the team.

enough is enough. Someone needs to stand up to this guy. I hope it is witten and I hope he comes right out and says we have had enough of owens.

jcr

Reaction score
Dave_in-NC;2481456 said:
yeah a tad, but Romo and Wittin are holding secret meetings to make sure owens don't get the ball?

owens pisses and moans, always has but this coming from who it's coming from has even me doubting it.

If passes continue not to be thrown at owens, things could change quickly.

I'm more saying there's probably some tension with Romo and TO, not necassarily about Witten. Just the fact that he's not getting the ball. I can see Romo getting tired of TO's crap and stop stroking his ego like he was before.

30yrheel

Reaction score
i cringed when we signed to, i'm still cringing. dude is not worth the trouble.

5Countem5

Benched
Reaction score
theebs;2481682 said:

A. The media uses the Dallas cowboys and Terrell Owens to make headlines and draw attention. they stretch his words and make issues that do not exist all the time.

so in turn I think there is this misconception that Ed Werder is not liked and doesnt have access so he makes stuff up, and nothing could be further from the truth. I see witten, garrett, brian stewart, crayton, ware, newman and many more talk to him at length every home game on the field during warmups.

Before owens came here we didnt have these absurd stories all the time, werder just covered the team and the players I think like werder. So everytime now there is a story from werder people make the leap that he doesnt have sources and no one likes him. Which is simply not true.

and this stuff all makes sense to me. Owens has attacked jason garrett repeatedly and Tony Romo repeatedly and he has guys like micheal irvin and deion sanders defending everything he does and says on the radio and tv everyday.

I am not trying to start another thread here, but Owens has stopped or run the wrong route in an abundance the past month. Laufenberg has been baffled at what he is doing on the field in many games, like the niners game on the second drive, owens had a stop n go or out n up, whatever you choose and he just ran the out and romo threw the up....Owens doesnt fight to break up interceptions ever and as soon as things go bad he goes right back to throwing romo and garrett under the bus.

I think there are some people in the locker room who are probably sick of him and why he is allowed to have a post game pc all to himself where he precedes to take shots at his coaches and quarterback. And I think that I was open comment blaming romo at the end of sundays game after owens himself played a poor game probably did not sit well. It was a situation where everyone should be rallying around romo and taking blame and helping him out.

instead we have owens blaming romo and garrett again and washing his hands clean of the loss saying he was open, meanwhile witten and romo are taking blame. that cant sit well in the locker room.

the most disturbing part of this whole thing to me is the public will choose owens and his antics over Witten/romo/garrett and their team first mentality. That will only fuel jerry jones to keep owens in the future, which it is clearer than ever the man should not be here.

and for you owens lovers, if you dont like what I have to say too bad. Go to the stadium yourself and watch how the team interacts on the field and sidelines and then how owens interacts with the rest of the team.

enough is enough. Someone needs to stand up to this guy. I hope it is witten and I hope he comes right out and says we have had enough of owens.

Dance, puppet, dance...:lmao2:

chinch

No Quarter
Reaction score
theebs;2481682 said:

amen. but noone will stand up to him. not a coach, GM (oops we don't have one) or owner anyways.

BHendri5

Reaction score
theebs;2481682 said:

Then you were not paying attention. Because Ed Werder and John Clayton, Chris Mortenson(who was suppose to be a good friend of Parcells). Berman, those guys have always given bad info when it came to the Cowboys. They've started rumors that were not true.

Where have you been all these years?

Boysboy

Reaction score
BHendri5;2481728 said:
Then you were not paying attention. Because Ed Werder and John Clayton, Chris Mortenson(who was suppose to be a good friend of Parcells). Berman, those guys have always given bad info when it came to the Cowboys. They've started rumors that were not true.

Where have you been all these years?

Dude-we'll beat the Giants on Sun, then the Ravens later in the week...and all this will go to rest.

We lost to Pittsburgh b/c of some VERY dumb luck...we'll be fine.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Everyone hating on TO needs to get a life. Really. It's ridiculous. Werder included.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
theebs;2481682 said:

I am not among those who think the ESPN guys, including Werder, don't have sources. Of course they have sources.

I just think he rushes to sensationalize everything and loses a lot of credibility. If his sources are so impeccable why is he always wrong? I'm not saying this to toot my own horn, but why did I have better info than he did on the Cowboys acquiring Roy Williams? His first angle was how it would affect TO.

That's sensationalism.

Clarkson

Wonderboyromo
Reaction score
theebs;2481682 said:

:bow::clap2:

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
theebs;2481682 said:

It may sound crazy but I think Owens has stunted Romo's growth as a qb. I mean it's good for Romo to have a good wr to throw to but at the same time it's bad when he has to force throws just to keep Owens from throwing a tantrum. I would think more people would take what you say more seriously since you live in Texas, listen to the radio/tv shows with former players and you go to every home game. hell I look forward more to your posts than the dmn blogs or articles cause you pay more attention and have news worthy stuff worth reading. hopefully it will blow over but I doubt it. anyways keep posting the good stuff Theebs.

JordanTaber

Benched
Reaction score
Anyone who believes this crap should be shot.

There is ONE quote from an actual player...ONE...and it was a harmless one by Bradie James, saying that he sometimes plays peacemaker when they don't see eye-to-eye. Notice how he said "there's no dislike?"

Other than that, it was "one source said," "another source said," "a source said." When you see things like that, you can be sure that it's BS.

All this really shows is that Owens can't even prevent this stuff by boycotting the media...they'll just make things up from "anonymous sources from behind the scenes." Or they'll take something that actually did happen, that happens quite often on teams (such as players arguing about something) and blow it up because he was involved, pretending it's actually a big deal.

ddh33

Reaction score
Hostile;2481741 said:
I am not among those who think the ESPN guys, including Werder, don't have sources. Of course they have sources.

I just think he rushes to sensationalize everything and loses a lot of credibility. If his sources are so impeccable why is he always wrong? I'm not saying this to toot my own horn, but why did I have better info than he did on the Cowboys acquiring Roy Williams? His first angle was how it would affect TO.

That's sensationalism.

Hos, I'd like to know what you think? Are there problems? More importantly, do you think, as I do, that these are real issues but the sort that disappear when you when?

Clarkson

Wonderboyromo
Reaction score
JordanTaber;2481751 said:

There is ONE quote from an actual player...ONE...and it was a harmless one by Bradie James, saying that he sometimes plays peacemaker when they don't see eye-to-eye. Notice how he said "there's no dislike?"

Other than that, it was "one source said," "another source said," "a source said." When you see things like that, you can be sure that it's BS.

All this really shows is that Owens can't even prevent this stuff by boycotting the media...they'll just make things up from "anonymous sources from behind the scenes." Or they'll take something that actually did happen, that happens quite often on teams (such as players arguing about something) and blow it up because he was involved, pretending it's actually a big deal.

And again, you assume Werder talks to no one and knows nothing, which simply isn't true. It's very, very possible the players are sick of his constant antics, how he only thinks about himself, and how he constantly throws his own players and coaches under the bus.

But yeah, it's TOTALLY crazy to believe they are sick of that...right.

Get real, dude.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
5Countem5;2481719 said:
Dance, puppet, dance...:lmao2:

Bleu Star;2481740 said:
Everyone hating on TO needs to get a life. Really. It's ridiculous. Werder included.

like these guys Theebs?:laugh1:

5Countem5

Benched
Reaction score

Oldest "journalist" trick in the book. Quote anyone with something innocent and then relate negative things from unnamed sources.

Gives an air of credibility...

BHendri5

Reaction score
really think about this. you really think T.O. would say that Witten and Romo hold secret meetings to not throw him the ball.

THink now, those guys are on the same team working to reach the same goals, knowing that in order to reach that goal it will take all of them working together.
Whatever some of you may think of T.O., you'd have to be really juvenile to actually believe he would say something like that. That sounds more like Keyshawn. HAHA

It sounds too made up, to be believable in my opinion.