Video: Speak: Are you with Troy on WR Routes? WR Scientist Irvin explains F = MA

75boyz

Reaction score
Sure is weird from week to week. And even more so compared to last year.
Before the Lions game against Pitt, the oline was practically dominant. Both running and passblocking.

And going back to last year this same Mike McCarthy offense had the runner up league MVP lead the NFL in TD passes.

And NO, as stated, it AINT the oline as evidenced against a very strong PIttsburgh defense at their house.

Sad times.

starfan1

Reaction score
Haters are front runners...look at the Game chats on early picks or if the team is down!! They disappear if the Cowboys win or load up the Garbage Stat narratives...:lmao:
Funny thing is they would rather us believe them vs players and coaches who see with their own eyes. I would be the first to admit Dak is overpaid but there is a big list of overpaid QB s, but to think the offense had to be dumbed down for him or that hes a 1 read QB or cant throw deep or all the other garbage they spew and neither Garrett or McCarthy or and any of the coordinators were in Jerry's ear and said you know "hey Jerry buyer beware " and Jerry still has signed him. Not once but twice. NO I'm not buying it. especially at least half of them were part of the crew that has been yammering since 16 when they wanted a different decision to be made.

Dak is indeed part of Dallas issue but he is nowhere near THE issue. Dak haters somewhat ignore all other aspects of the team problems and focus on Dak. Whah! Whah! Dak makes 60 ,million we cant sign anyone else.No you have a dipstick owner who doesn't prioritize team building. There has been 1 issue or another since Dak and Romo for that matter have been here.

Its not contracts its an owner who wants to do stuff his way and wont take counsel from anyone. 'Derrick Henry wouldn't have as much success here" Durh!!. I do think the the WR's could help out Dak out along with a run game and a defense that could stop anything. Maybe a coaching staff that had a clue.

75boyz

Reaction score
Yep.

Now McCarthys offense is the problem but its the same offense he had his best season in and its the same receivers.

He is playing better teams and this are the results you are getting. Same as Buffalo and Green Bay last year
Exactly this.
Its pretty easy. Not that hard to figure out.
Perfect storm of poor pass defense opponents played last year.

SwagSurfer

Reaction score
LOL... You guys used to blame Kellen Moore for the routes for the curls, now you are blaming McCarthy...

Maybe the IQ behind the Center just can't handle a more complex offense....

You guys were yapping about how MMs changes made Dak the "MVP" and were hyping him up in training camp, talking about how he was killing it, and now you back to square 1....
Or maybe McCarthy and Kellen's fascination of callin all curls is antiquated in today's game?

TheMightyVanHalen

Reaction score
LOL... You guys used to blame Kellen Moore for the routes for the curls, now you are blaming McCarthy...

Maybe the IQ behind the Center just can't handle a more complex offense....

You guys were yapping about how MMs changes made Dak the "MVP" and were hyping him up in training camp, talking about how he was killing it, and now you back to square 1....
Brother those two offenses look very similar to my eyes. Both those offenses are too pass happy. We're not serious about running the football. We haven't been since Scott Linehan left.

You probably didn't watch the video because it kind of sheds light on why CD and Dak are not on the same page this year. The timing is just not there. As you know most QB's throw to a certain spot. When that player isn't there or is in a different area than where he's supposed to be, because the CB won the battle at the LOS, then mistakes will happen. The O-line is not good, with the exception of our only Pro-Bowler on that side so far, Tyler Smith, our running game is last in the NFL, our receivers are lazy at the LOS, you can't help but give Dak a pass on how our offense has looked so far. Most of it is not his fault. The key word there is MOST. Yes he does make mistakes so don't get it twisted, brother.

I think Dak and CD are not friends and it's showing. You never see them hanging out on the bench together. For the record they both are not earning their contracts. I'm Cowboys homer not a Dak or Jerry Jones homer.

Wangchung83

Reaction score
They aren't taking plays off. Troy was saying he doesn't see them get off the line when they anticipate they aren't going to get the ball. Now you have to ask the reason why.. Slater reported after the Green Bay game last year that Dak panics when his first read isn't there. Everybody says Dak is an early progression QB. CC mentioned that Dak was being coached to bail pocket if his early reads weren't there after the bye week. All this proves is there is a disconnect with the WRs and the QB. We have been telling you for years before this story of Aikman the all-22 has WRs in the later reads being wide open, but bone-head gets locked into 1 WR,

All of it points to constant, the dummy behind center.
They don’t want to watch all-22 only tell you the stats that support their narrative. All-22 tells a whole different story when it comes to Dak and his first reads. You don’t have to cherry pick plays, you can compare every play and see what the problem is.

Wangchung83

Reaction score
Aaron Rodgers struggles they get Davante Adams
Josh Allen struggles they get Amari Cooper
Patrick Mahomes struggles they get DeAndre Hopkins
Dak struggles and we get gaslighted :rolleyes:
We’ve already seen what happens when Dak gets Amari, it’s not enough. Why spend when you pay a QB to elevate the talent around him. Rodger’s isn’t struggling due to WR it’s his oline and he’s getting older. He still looks more competent in the pocket than the 4th rounder we’re overpaying

FanofJerry

Reaction score
100% correct!

This explains exactly what's going on this board and why it has been dumbed down so badly. Like you said, 80% don't know what they are talking about because 1) they don't understand the game... or 2) they don't watch and study the games properly and thoroughly because either they are too lazy, too drunk or don't understand how to study the games.
I check all 3 of your #2 accusations.

Im not making excuses for people to not try and educate themselves...but my issue with trying to watch film is a serious mental issue. I absolutely will not waste my time trying to figure something out and then be told "Well, only the coaches know what responsibility that player had"...or..."Only the coaches could tell you where Dak should have gone with his progressions based on the coverage shown"

There is way too much of that in these film breakdowns. All these QB film breakdowns on YouTube...I have seen all these ex-players on video say "We dont know what the defenders responsibility was there" or "We dont know what the coaches wanted Dak to do there"....

It makes watching tape a complete waste of time for someone outside the Organization. Now...are there things that you can pick up on...sure...but you still cant really know what was supposed to take place on a lot of plays. Mentally...I cant do that. I feel like I am wasting my time or getting played. Its like trying to figure something out that isnt figure-out-able.

Brax

Reaction score
How many times do US Dak Lovers:lmao2: have to say Prescott commits stupid mistakes like other QBs before folks realize.....it doesn't matter!

Dak Hate is NOT about Football
When all else fails it’s the R card and that is just pure BS and shows the IQ of the poster. I feel sorry for you that you actually believe this, it’s just pathetic.