Spears: "The Cowboys could have won the Super Bowl if they had Jalen Hurts"

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Maybe….I mean if Hirts ran their offense with their OL and WRs, sure, WE could have won the SB.

But Hurts running our offense behind our OL with our receivers? Nope.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Jalen Hurts didn't win a Super Bowl with a roster who was deemed to be the best roster in the NFC in 2022. Yet Stephen A thinks Jalen Hurts would have won the Super Bowl with Noah Brown as the number 2 WR option last season, with an Cowboys OL who wasn't performing as well as the Eagles OL did last season? Unless he thinks that 2021 Jalen Hurts would have taken the Cowboys to the Super Bowl, when 2021 Jalen Hurts and the Eagles were 0-7 against teams with winning records.
U didnt watch the video lol, no one on the show said that.
If your going to comment at least watch the show.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
FIRST TAKE | Spears: "The Cowboys could have won the Super Bowl if they had Jalen Hurts" - Stephen A.
Spears: "The Cowboys could have won the Super Bowl if they had Jalen Hurts................ no one said this on the show!
Try watching it.

the only thing about jalen hurts was jerry saying he would have drafted him if he could have. Thats it.
The girl said this was poor timing on that comment by jerry.
Marcus blames jerry not dak or the team or HC for not getting to a SB.
Stephen A just runs his mouth alot doesnt really say much at all.

Last edited:

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
LOL, Spears is a notch above Michael as a Cowboy homer.....a big notch. Enough that you just don't believe a word he says now. Especially coming out right after Jones admits he wanted Hurts... Guess he wants to be in Jerry's FOJ ...

jaythecowboy

Reaction score
Saddest part of this discussion is how everyone with a voice on that panel has 100% overlooked the addition of Brandon Cooks and Stephon Gilmore. They cite winning teams adding talent to push their club over the top yet Cooks and Gilmore warrant no credit? Come on, man!

I expect stupidity from SAS, but Spears is just killing me here. BTW, check-out the dumb faces SAS makes while Spears is talking.
Exactly!!! None of these haters talk about Gilmore and Cooks but losing Dalton Schultz is supposedly gonna ruin the offense.

CWR

Reaction score
Spears was meh as a player, and he's worse as a talking head. Whatever, I'm just glad we took Ware first.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
About 10 days to go….dang…this next week or so will seem longer than the entire off season so far.

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
Swagu sounds like a bitter ex-Cowboy with nothing objective to say. Kind of like the player who gets cut, and then when they sign with another team have nothing but trash talk to share. Sadly, this is how journalism is going on ESPN in particular. The guy sitting in for Cowherd shows his nonbias points, and makes watching the show somewhat enjoyable. The season hasn't begun and I already find ESPN more unbearable than ever, in particular the Jets love with Greenberg, and his good ole catch phrases trying to attract viewers to watching the show..

Established1971

fiveandcounting
Reaction score
I watched this and all I can think was WHY ARE BOTH OF THESE GUYS SHOUTING EVERY TIME THEY SPEAK!!!!!!????!!!!
calm the bleep down

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
I don't know about the SB, but that dual threat ability sure would have been nice in the SF game.