*SPOILERS*The Walking Dead Season 4– First half of season

CowboyGil

Reaction score
It's kind of funny people critiquing leaps of faith in believability the writers of a show about ZOMBIES ask the viewers to take.

Stryker44

Reaction score
Something else I wondered - who was the female voice talking to the Governor in the background as he is wandering...where he says he came from a town that was safe and had a good leader, but the leader "lost it"? Was this just meant to be his own introspection?

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
Something else I wondered - who was the female voice talking to the Governor in the background as he is wandering...where he says he came from a town that was safe and had a good leader, but the leader "lost it"? Was this just meant to be his own introspection?

That was from his interview with Oprah.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I'll tell ya, it sounded like Carol.

speedkilz88

Reaction score

It was one of the sisters.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
governorbasketball.gif

punchnjudy

Reaction score
The actor explained that the governor is aware of his darker side and doesn't want to "lose it" again, but it's always there.

I think they'll have him commit an act or two of heroism that even surprises the cynical viewers before he goes psycho again. Would be too predictable to have him turn evil right away.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The actor explained that the governor is aware of his darker side and doesn't want to "lose it" again, but it's always there.

I think they'll have him commit an act or two of heroism that even surprises the cynical viewers before he goes psycho again. Would be too predictable to have him turn evil right away.

Interesting points.

Not saying you're wrong.

But I think we've seen the end of the heroic acts... Getting the oxygen tank(s). And picking up the little girl and running from the horde.

I think this has to play out in the next two episodes and that we will have a major arc turn by the end of episode 8.

Needless to say the governor's horrific side is going to probably be beyond anything we've seen up to this point.

Stryker44

Reaction score
Why did the Governor kill Martinez? Martinez did so much for Woodbury.

Angus12

Reaction score
Why did the Governor kill Martinez? Martinez did so much for Woodbury.

He didn't want to share leadership. I also think he didn't want to take the chance of Martinez putting up a fight when the plan was revealed they were going against the prison. Woodbury 2.0

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Actually the Governor's motives go deeper than that.

He told the Governor that he wasn't sure that he could keep everyone safe that he (Martinez) did not want to get bogged down with another family.

The Governor is now knee-deep in family, and their safety is his top concern.

The result was the Governor snapped and took out Martinez because of his cavalier attitude towards the group's safety.

The thought about the prison only came about when the Governor tried to take the family and get away and ran into the horde of zombies stuck in the mud.

It wasn't so much that the Governor couldn't find another road, it was the realization that no matter where they went he couldn't protect them– except for possibly the prison.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Last nights episode was great.

I knew Martinez would be killed. It just had that feeling to it. I did like that they had Martinez explain what happened to the black guy who had survived with him and the Gov. when Woodbury fell.

mldardy

Reaction score
Actually the Governor's motives go deeper than that.

He told the Governor that he wasn't sure that he could keep everyone safe that he (Martinez) did not want to get bogged down with another family.

The Governor is now knee-deep in family, and their safety is his top concern.

The result was the Governor snapped and took out Martinez because of his cavalier attitude towards the group's safety.

The thought about the prison only came about when the Governor tried to take the family and get away and ran into the horde of zombies stuck in the mud.

It wasn't so much that the Governor couldn't find another road, it was the realization that no matter where they went he couldn't protect them– except for possibly the prison.

Being that Martinez was the only person that knew him, he also probably didn't want Martinez to tell other people who the Governor really was. If he told his new "woman" a and some other people in that camp they would get rid of him immediately. At least you would think.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Being that Martinez was the only person that knew him, he also probably didn't want Martinez to tell other people who the Governor really was. If he told his new "woman" a and some other people in that camp they would get rid of him immediately. At least you would think.

I think there was some of that too.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Martinez was made out to be an idiot for taking him out alone to his driving range. Just asking for it even admitting he would have left the governor in the pit if it wasn't for the kid.

funkytown

Reaction score
When Martinez started telling the Governor how things were going to be at the new camp, you knew he was dead. Nobody tells the Governor what to do.