*SPOILERS*The Walking Dead Season 4– First half of season

DanteEXT

Reaction score
I got that, but still felt it was incredibly convenient and weak writing.

Think about it, zombies roam constantly, but they never went to those weakened points until our heroes arrived?

Have you noticed any similar drop in writing quality as I have?

If memory serves, they stated the ground was covered in walkers and that they turned on a radio a couple days earlier to draw them away. Why were the walkers on the roof not attracted to the sound and walk off the side of the building?

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If memory serves, they stated the ground was covered in walkers and that they turned on a radio a couple days earlier to draw them away. Why were the walkers on the roof not attracted to the sound and walk off the side of the building?

There are some frustrating leaps in logic that the writers continually ask the viewers to accept.

Why could the Governor, a man with no combat training of any kind, and about 5 men establish a utopia like Woodbury when Rick and his group are forced to live in a damp, dark, dirty prison?

And our heroes struggle to fend off walkers while the Governor and his two buddies apparently have a camp out?

I know that a zombie show requires a certain suspension of disbelief, but in my opinion, the leaps in logic are becoming greater and more numerous as the quality of writing seems to be falling.

Phoenix

Reaction score
There are some frustrating leaps in logic that the writers continually ask the viewers to accept.

Why could the Governor, a man with no combat training of any kind, and about 5 men establish a utopia like Woodbury when Rick and his group are forced to live in a damp, dark, dirty prison?

I guess the same way Michonne, an attorney, could suddenly become an invincible Ninja assassin with her Katanas...

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Episode 6.

The return of the Governor...

What did you think?

My favorite episode of this season so far. I just find the character so interesting and I was on pins and needles the entire episode waiting for him to 'lose it' again.

I hope he sticks around for a long while because I think the series is so much more interesting with him in it.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
My favorite episode of this season so far. I just find the character so interesting and I was on pins and needles the entire episode waiting for him to 'lose it' again.

I hope he sticks around for a long while because I think the series is so much more interesting with him in it.

I have a feeling that little girl will end up dying and then the old Governor will be back.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I have a feeling that little girl will end up dying and then the old Governor will be back.

It's not that this Governor is that far removed from the old Governor... The zest he had at busting the grandfather's skull in with the oxygen tank spoke volumes.

For some reason the episode didn't hold my attention very well.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
I thought the episode was drawn out quite a bit, they could of gotten the gist of it across in half the time.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I thought the episode was drawn out quite a bit, they could of gotten the gist of it across in half the time.

That was no doubt part of the problem I had with the episode. It was incredibly slow-paced. Probably the slowest paced episode since season 2.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They want to build it up so you can think he is a changed man and have some sympathy for him. That he has found new meaning with a real life version of his little girl.

Meh...scorpion on the frogs back thing to me. IOW don't trust the man no matter how much they try to get you to change your opinion of him. In the end he will sting the frog even if it causes him to drown...because that it is just in his nature.

Phoenix

Reaction score
So....the 2nd "Walking Dead Universe" series might be a prequel? Hmmm. I like the idea. I think.

18870-the-walking-dead-the-walking-dead_0.jpg

http://www.blastr.com/2013-11-18/new-walking-dead-series-prequel?utm_source=dlvr.it

If you were wondering what the second Walking Dead series would be about, here are your first details.

AMC's is having so much luck with zombie hordes that it's adding a second show focusing on the undead to its roster. Turns out the show will take place prior to (as opposed to concurrently with) the current season of The Walking Dead. But what will it be about?

There’s increasing buzz that the offshoot will be a prequel of sorts, one that would chronicle the early days of the epidemic and the effort to contain it.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They want to build it up so you can think he is a changed man and have some sympathy for him. That he has found new meaning with a real life version of his little girl.

Meh...scorpion on the frogs back thing to me. IOW don't trust the man no matter how much they try to get you to change your opinion of him. In the end he will sting the frog even if it causes him to drown...because that it is just in his nature.

That's why I think this was a wasted episode. In the end we know what's going to happen to the guy and we know he's going to do something hellish (again).

So now he's got a throw-away family, who's loss will probably drive his next turn. But if it weren't them it would be someone else.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score

Yea but if that was true, they wouldnt of shown him standing outside the prison. He would of just moved on.

I personally got the sense he is the same psycho path could can turn it on and off to suit the environment.

Stryker44

Reaction score
Dang, the actress who plays the woman (Tara) who was in the police academy (and almost shot the Governor), is gorgeous. Hope she doesn't get killed off anytime soon.

Stryker44

Reaction score
Did you all get the impression that Rodriguez and the black dude (Morgan?), ditched the Governor? Or did the Governor drift away on his own volition? He looked like he had some type of nervous breakdown.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Did you all get the impression that Rodriguez and the black dude (Morgan?), ditched the Governor? Or did the Governor drift away on his own volition? He looked like he had some type of nervous breakdown.

Don't know what happened to the black dude. But Martinez did leave the Governor in a lurch one night.

Stryker44

Reaction score
Don't know what happened to the black dude. But Martinez did leave the Governor in a lurch one night.

Yeah - it did seem implied after the way Rodriguez looked at the Governor after the Governor just stared idly into the fire as the zombie was about to bite him.