Spoke to my insider today 2/25

rockj7

Reaction score
You know what's crazy the wins against the Dol
I second guessed typing this and said *** it. There's enough people that appreciate it so I don't mind posting it and reading the b.s. replies.

Bro I don't know you personally but I believe you, the Zone here is a big group so its not hard for me to believe that a few folks on here know some people that can get insider information the beauty of this is you don't charge us for insider information yes Im looking at you ESPN lol Thanks E for the post

hutch1254

Reaction score
I really want to go after Wentz. Cleveland's mismanged tire fire of an organization is most likely going to screw that up. I wish that weren't the case.

Bosa does not excite me at all and my tag line is all about restoring the trenches. There is something that bothers me about that guy, haven't put my thumb on it yet.

One scenario I was thinking about...a what if...what if we drafted Wentz or Goff and then took an RB in the 2nd (Henry or the kid La Tech). If Romo goes down, you have a rookie QB learning on the job supported by a possible power running game in Henry. If Romo stays healthy you have that power running game supporting the system again like when Murray was there. Yes, yes you're hanging the D out to dry but maybe that's where we use the free agency money this year.

Just another scenario to play with as we wait out the down time.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
My favorite draft scenario is the one where we get Bosa in the first, followed by a stud DT in the second.
And when Romo goes down again for the season, we can celebrate another 4-12 outting. :)

I don't understand this at all. If Romo goes down, one of the QB's we would draft at 4 is going to save the season? Very unlikely. Very.

Reaction score
I don't understand this at all. If Romo goes down, one of the QB's we would draft at 4 is going to save the season? Very unlikely. Very.

But neither will any veteran QB you decide to roll out there. So you may as well have your future getting valuable reps and learning instead of suffering g through more of Matt Cassel or some other retread.

If your season is going down the tubes, at least go down with your future QB gaining valuable experience.

CowboyChris

Reaction score
Elliott is the best player in this draft, he wont be there in the 2nd round, and its a shame you cant justify him at #4. thats just the state of RB's these days.

rockj7

Reaction score

I see your point but recent history has shown rookie QBs have had some success plus its not like our division is murders row. Give a rook a running game with this o line and let him roll. It's the defense that has me banging my head constantly

FiveTime

Reaction score
was a really quick convo because I was in a rush and he looked pretty busy too.

First he told me "I told you so" because he was telling me mid season the coaches and several players really didn't like Hardy and he swore Hardy would be gone after the season. He really doesn't like Hardy so he was happy about that situation.

Then I asked him about the draft and he said they still like Wentz a lot but he will most likely be picked by Cleveland. Said that they really like Bosa. I asked about Spence and he told me he's not an option. But that they REALLY like Bosa. He was very emphatic about that.

He also told me that Lynch would be an option in a trade back or if he slipped to 2 (that's pretty obvious). But he also said we like Connor Cook in the 2nd which surprised me. They're comfortable waiting on QB because they believe in Romo.

Outside of those guys he said we like Elliott RB but not enough to spend a 1st on him, but said we will absolutely use a 2nd on Derrick Henry if he's available. This surprised me because I didn't think we'd value him that high.

I wanted to talk more but I had to go. Not sure when I'll see him again but I'll post about it if I do.

Thanks again for sharing!

Gaede

Reaction score
I like Cook, so I am OK with this. Same with Henry

I don't like Bosa, however. So I'm not OK with that.

Wold prefer to get Goff above all else. Lynch would be a nice consolation prize.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score

i don't think one we draft at 1 is going to save the season either. while weeden and whoever the hell we threw back there (cassell, oh yea) were not exactly all pros or even won a game, they did have experience that you just can't teach or replace and they failed miserably in this system. at this point it looks like ANY qb to follow romo will need to be a redeux of our team because we are geared to "romo or bust". w/o a vet to at least *try* back there you may as well leave us in the toaster until the season is over and we can go back to scrapping the burn off in another miserable off-season.

getting a qb in the 4th wouldn't bother me at all *if* we also get a MUCH improved #2. but who would that #2 be at this point?

since we all know jerry jones loves to make a splash and hurt teams in our division, i say he's going after kirk cousins!!!!

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA - i slay me.

anyway - players like bradford, osweiler and the like are going to want to start at this point. the advantage we have here in dallas is there's a high probability they will start this year at some point. of the 2, let's kick captain injury bradford to the side and put ozi on the list.

fitzpatrick. i just don't see that as any better than what we trotted out last year in romos absence. gone.

let's get sir arm kiss out of the way - hell to the no. done and gone.

chase daniel - who?

matt moore come on home? why? pass on that history train.

orlovsky - maybe. mostly because i wanna see people hack up his name through the season on tv and in here.

but honestly it's really a dart board on FA's out there. but our options seems to be:

1) trust romo will make it 1 more year (stop laughing)
2) keep cassell and see if he can do better with a pre-season (stop laughing)
3) go ahead and talk RG3 or Johnny into the fold (stop crying)
4) draft at #4 and just roll the dice w/romo
5) find another FA QB to stand in fear and overthrow our WR's while romo nurses his latest booboo
6) do #5 and draft a qb lower in the draft.

of all, i see 6 as what i think they will do. i don't think they will pull the trigger on a SURE FIRE QB to HOPE he sits for a few years. but they do need to try someone back there who's fresh and new and if nothing else, carrys the mantle of QB OF THE FUTURE for a few years.

kazzd58

Reaction score
And when Romo goes down again for the season, we can celebrate another 4-12 outting. :)

hopefully 1-15 so we can be guaranteed to get QB Watson from Clemson who is better than every QB in the draft right now.. wouldn't bother me at all