Spurs/Cavs...nba finals 2007

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
The Real Mavs Man;1529140 said:
Bill Simmons had a good idea the other day:

Top teams in each conference get the overall one and two seed by record.

Top six teams in each conference automatically make the playoffs, no matter what. This year it would be Mavs, Pistons, Suns, Spurs, etc. This seeding would have ensured that none of those top four teams would have played each other until the conference finals round.

Teams 13-16 are set by an end-of-season tournament where the bottom 18 teams in the conference play a double elimination round to determine the last four playoff spots. This has three huge advantages over the current system:

1) The top 12 teams get a two week "bye week" to rest and tune up for the playoffs

2) This eliminates any team "tanking" down the stretch since fans would cool on their team who didn't try to make the playoffs

3) This would make NBA "May Madness" a killer gambling season

Nah... I don't need any more time to tell you that the Grizzlies don't deserve to make the playoffs. Sorry Yeag :D

I heard an idea from Mike and Mike the other day, but I think they got it from somewhere else, but I don't know where. The idea is to take the top 8 teams from each conference, but intersperse all the seeds. The draw would look like this:

West 1 vs. East 8
West 2 vs. East 7
West 3 vs. East 6
West 4 vs. East 5
East 1 vs. West 8
East 2 vs. West 7
East 3 vs. West 6
East 4 vs. West 5

I thought that was a good idea. Needs some tweaking to see who goes on the same side of the draw, but I would suggest that be seeded by record.