Spurs/Cavs...nba finals 2007

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
Congratulations to the Spurs!

Amazing to get a sweep and we didn't even come close to playing an "A" game all series long.

The defense really stood out this series... led by Bowen and Duncan and really solid team defense.

The Cavs (well, LeBron) have a bright future ahead.

But for now... SPURS DYNASTY!!!

Mavs Man

All outta bubble gum
Reaction score
Danny White;1529084 said:
Congratulations to the Spurs!

Amazing to get a sweep and we didn't even come close to playing an "A" game all series long.

The defense really stood out this series... led by Bowen and Duncan and really solid team defense.

The Cavs (well, LeBron) have a bright future ahead.

But for now... SPURS DYNASTY!!!

Congrats, Spurs fans. Starting Gibson closed the gap a bit. Really don't know why Mike Brown didn't try that earlier.

Oh yeah, that's right . . . He's Mike Brown.

MC KAos

Reaction score
OMG WE ARE THE WORLD CHAMPS WOO HOO!!!!!!
aojdfl;kajsfdlkjaslk;fdja;lkjsfdajsf;kds YAAAAA WOOOOO

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
The Real Mavs Man;1529088 said:
Congrats, Spurs fans. Starting Gibson closed the gap a bit. Really don't know why Mike Brown didn't try that earlier.

Oh yeah, that's right . . . He's Mike Brown.

Mavs Man... you've been a really classy fan all through the playoffs! It's been fun chatting with you.

That said, I think the change of venue to their home court had a much bigger impact for the Cavs than Boobie moving to the starting lineup. I think Brown was right that he was better coming off the bench.

Anyway, the West is going to be tough as heck again next year. For the Spurs' sake, I hope the Suns and Mavs overreact to their losses this year and blow up their teams. :D I really think they just need to keep their core and tinker around the edges. Any one of the big 3 next year could win the Championship.

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
Can you say "team defense"?

jamesSpurs_JM_627_070614.jpg

Mavs Man

All outta bubble gum
Reaction score
Danny White;1529098 said:
Mavs Man... you've been a really classy fan all through the playoffs! It's been fun chatting with you.

That said, I think the change of venue to their home court had a much bigger impact for the Cavs than Boobie moving to the starting lineup. I think Brown was right that he was better coming off the bench.

Anyway, the West is going to be tough as heck again next year. For the Spurs' sake, I hope the Suns and Mavs overreact to their losses this year and blow up their teams. :D I really think they just need to keep their core and tinker around the edges. Any one of the big 3 next year could win the Championship.

We're all Cowboys fans (well, except for a few Eagles fans).

Gibson is a rookie, but he's also one of the few guys who is quick enough to run with Parker and the closest thing Cleveland has to a true point guard.

I would love for Devin Harris to evolve into the player he sometimes is in the playoffs, except on a 35 minutes a night basis. I would love for Diop to stay focused and in shape so we can start him at center again and move Damp to the bench. I would love for the Mavs to sign a legit PF to back-up Dirk (someone who is NOT in the mold of Keith Van Horn/Austin Croshere/token tall white guy whose only purpose is to jack up threes) so we can limit his minutes to more reasonable numbers during the regular season. I would love for Dallas to acquire a true two guard (provided Harris is up to the task of a one guard) or start Stackhouse and have Terry come off the bench.

I'd like to see what the Suns could do with KG for Stoudamire and Marion, Barbosa, Banks and draft picks for Kobe. Nash-KG-Kobe-Bell-Diaw as a starting five (with Kurt Thomas and possible draft pick Acie Law IV coming off the bench)? Crown 'em.

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
bigbadroy;1529120 said:
wow! was that the most boring finals of all time? you bet it was

I wonder if there's a way to make it so that the playoffs are re-seeded and the best two teams can play in the Finals rather than the best from the West and the "best" from the East?

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
Danny White;1529124 said:
I wonder if there's a way to make it so that the playoffs are re-seeded and the best two teams can play in the Finals rather than the best from the West and the "best" from the East?
yeah they gotta figure something out

kTXe

On To The Next One
Reaction score
I see a great year for my fandom developing.

Spurs - NBA Champs
Tar Heels - NCAA B-ball Champs (book it!)
Cowboys - Number 6

:boner:

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
bigbadroy;1529130 said:
yeah they gotta figure something out

Bill Simmons had a pretty good plan in his column today with a system that seeds all 16 across the board regardless of conference... I think he even had a mini play-in tournament to decide the last 4 teams in the playoffs.

Mavs Man

All outta bubble gum
Reaction score
Danny White;1529124 said:

Bill Simmons had a good idea the other day:

Top teams in each conference get the overall one and two seed by record.

Top six teams in each conference automatically make the playoffs, no matter what. This year it would be Mavs, Pistons, Suns, Spurs, etc. This seeding would have ensured that none of those top four teams would have played each other until the conference finals round.

Teams 13-16 are set by an end-of-season tournament where the bottom 18 teams in the conference play a double elimination round to determine the last four playoff spots. This has three huge advantages over the current system:

1) The top 12 teams get a two week "bye week" to rest and tune up for the playoffs

2) This eliminates any team "tanking" down the stretch since fans would cool on their team who didn't try to make the playoffs

3) This would make NBA "May Madness" a killer gambling season

Mavs Man

All outta bubble gum
Reaction score
Danny White;1529138 said:
Bill Simmons had a pretty good plan in his column today with a system that seeds all 16 across the board regardless of conference... I think he even had a mini play-in tournament to decide the last 4 teams in the playoffs.

:eek:

:laugh2:

Bill Simmons is awesome.

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
The Real Mavs Man;1529142 said:
:eek:

:laugh2:

Bill Simmons is awesome.

Simmons for NBA commissioner???

Lord knows Stern would never go for something so exciting... he's too busy making sure the players are wearing ties after the game.

Mavs Man

All outta bubble gum
Reaction score
Danny White;1529151 said:
Simmons for NBA commissioner???

Lord knows Stern would never go for something so exciting... he's too busy making sure the players are wearing ties after the game.

I think it would make the league more exciting, more marketable, generate greater revenue, more fan interest and higher TV ratings - you're right, Stern would never go for it.