News: ST: Cowboys QB coach Wade Wilson takes personal leave

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Pot meet kettle. You come here and take pot shots at anyone criticizing anything to do with the Cowboys. You contribute nothing tangible or relevant to the topic, and then you run.

Not pot shots, just facts. If the shoe fits, wear it.

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
You don't have a freakin' clue what you're talking about.

Wade Wilson has diabetes, and one of the effects of that affliction is poor circulation and nerve damage, especially to the extremities. When a diabetic' foot gets a cut, infection, or even an ingrown toenail, the lack of circulation inhibits the body's ability to heal itself. It requires immediate attention or it can easily turn gangrenous. What would be a simple cut on a normal foot can carry a very real risk of amputation to a diabetic. Does that sound like Camp Cupcake to you?

I haven't seen my 60th birthday yet, and Diabetes has caused a stroke, a heart attack, four eye surgeries, four hand surgeries, kidney failure (on dialysis now and awaiting a transplant), and neuropathy in both feet. I still have my feet, though, because I am very conscious about taking care of Them. I'm lucky in that regard.

I'd bet that every single poster on CZ either has diabetes, or knows someone who does. It's that prevalent in the world today. Your insensitivity is not only insulting, but downright subhuman.

I have been fighting cancer since 2010. I get IVIG blood plasma treament every month. I have diabetes, Aortic Aneurysm, Spinal stenosis. and other issues so cry me a river. I am not insensitive as I was not serious with the comment.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'll go by results. And the fact that none of these coaches can adequately prepare any quarterbacks other than Romo. The pattern is clear, the losses are clear, the awful results are clear. People can try to hide in some grey area if they want to, but the fact is that based on results, that grey area doesn't exist.

This only works because of the 'other than Romo' line. But Romo is a great QB.

The actual facts are that we've had good QB play in Dallas overall for a long time now and have spent fewer draft resources on the position than probably any team in the league. And nobody here really knows what the QB coach does or how well he does it, and yet still we debate whether or not he's doing a good job.

Until somebody points to anything other than the purely subjective and purely circumstantial re: Wade Wilson, nobody has enough actual information to complain about him or to support him.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
I have been fighting cancer since 2010. I get IVIG blood plasma treament every month. I have diabetes, Aortic Aneurysm, Spinal stenosis. and other issues so cry me a river. I am not insensitive as I was not serious with the comment.
Sorry to hear that. We know you are taking care of yourself. We are all pulling for you.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
I'll go by results. And the fact that none of these coaches can adequately prepare any quarterbacks other than Romo. The pattern is clear, the losses are clear, the awful results are clear. People can try to hide in some grey area if they want to, but the fact is that based on results, that grey area doesn't exist.

Hogwash Stash. You can prepare a pig to fly but don't hold your breath until takeoff. He's done a good job with a couple of backups. And your dismissal of his job with Romo is absurd.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I've been known to express doubts about Wade Wilson in the past, although, most of the talent he's been afforded was second rate.

I'm betting the organization will allow him the benefit of more time to groom a successful QB before it's inclined to send him packing.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not pot shots, just facts. If the shoe fits, wear it.

"Facts", that's your opinion, nothing to do with "facts". The first person to talk about other people "crying" and "moaning" when the "fact" is that nobody does more of it than they do.

:rolleyes:

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This only works because of the 'other than Romo' line. But Romo is a great QB.

The actual facts are that we've had good QB play in Dallas overall for a long time now and have spent fewer draft resources on the position than probably any team in the league. And nobody here really knows what the QB coach does or how well he does it, and yet still we debate whether or not he's doing a good job.

A load of manure. The on,y "fact" is that this team can't win without Romo. The record with any other quarterback isn't just bad, it's pathetic. But nobody wants to acknowledge that. Somehow, that's not Wade Wilson's fault. For some people, he's only supposed to get undeserved praise for Romo or a get out of jail free card because the team hasn't used draft resources on the position. People want to conveniently ignore the fact that every backup quarterback that hits the field looks totally unprepared.

Until somebody points to anything other than the purely subjective and purely circumstantial re: Wade Wilson, nobody has enough actual information to complain about him or to support him.

You only get to cover your own eyes. I've been down this path over and over again and showed this guy's failures, here and with 1st rounders in Chicago. I've mentioned how good coaches exiled him when they got here and he only slithered his way back in after they left. More inconvenient facts that people would try to ignore and pretend don't exist. But they only get to make that choice for themselves. The rest of us can see.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hogwash Stash. You can prepare a pig to fly but don't hold your breath until takeoff. He's done a good job with a couple of backups. And your dismissal of his job with Romo is absurd.

Who? None of them win here. Not a one! Even the one win they licked into last year was a Desean Jackson gift fumble. Every one if the quarterbacks not named Romo hit the field unprepared. And they lose. That's a big part of Wilson's job too. And a key failure.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Who? None of them win here. Not a one! Even the one win they licked into last year was a Desean Jackson gift fumble. Every one if the quarterbacks not named Romo hit the field unprepared. And they lose. That's a big part of Wilson's job too. And a key failure.

I'm not sure exactly what their problem was but I'm not so sure preparation was the issue.

ragman

Reaction score
I read elsewhere that he is experiencing some pain with his feet. Apparently, players aren't the only ones that suffer physical problems. Having had problems in that regard myself in the past, I can't say as I blame him to taking time off to tend to it. It can make a body cringe in pain, that's for doggone sure -- there are times when merely standing can become intolerable.

He has an ulcer on his foot.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm not sure exactly what their problem was but I'm not so sure preparation was the issue.

I am. The sixth different lousy, unprepared losing backup clinched it for me.

Fool me once, shame on you, fool me six times...

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
A load of manure. The on,y "fact" is that this team can't win without Romo. The record with any other quarterback isn't just bad, it's pathetic. But nobody wants to acknowledge that. Somehow, that's not Wade Wilson's fault. For some people, he's only supposed to get undeserved praise for Romo or a get out of jail free card because the team hasn't used draft resources on the position. People want to conveniently ignore the fact that every backup quarterback that hits the field looks totally unprepared.

You only get to cover your own eyes. I've been down this path over and over again and showed this guy's failures, here and with 1st rounders in Chicago. I've mentioned how good coaches exiled him when they got here and he only slithered his way back in after they left. More inconvenient facts that people would try to ignore and pretend don't exist. But they only get to make that choice for themselves. The rest of us can see.

We're in a loop. The team loses for more reasons than the backup QB, and if it didn't, you still have zero to support your guess that the problem is the QB coaching and not the QBs who have not been impressive and have not cost us much to have on the roster.

I don't remember you presenting many relevant facts in this debate before. I do remember talking about helping develop Rex Grossman into a player who could get you to a Superbowl meant little to you. Basically, it was another one of those where you weren't going to let the evidence, or lack thereof, get in the way of your opinion. So anybody who disagreed was a blind homer.

At any rate, if anybody has reasons to believe Wilson is a bad coach that aren't completely prejudiced and circumstantial, I'm listening. I don't have a dog in the fight, I'd just like the fight to be fair.