Star Wars episode VII trailer

nablives

Reaction score
It's not a "mysterious narrative", it's a teaser. The only reason there's a voiceover is so it's not just a random selection of clips set to music.

The point is to prime you for an actual trailer, not to set the plot of the movie out.

It's not mysterious? So you know that it's the Inquisitor speaking? If you don't, it kinda falls under the category of a "mystery." I mean, either you know or you don't. There's not really a middle ground, hence the mystery.

Don't get me wrong, I get it. If this was 5 straight minutes of Chewbacca passing gas, Star Wars fans would be defending this, and to do anything other than drool over anything we get is blasphemy. I hope sincerely hope the movie is good, but fanboys that'll eat up anything make me hope Jar Jar Binks is the main Sith baddy with the fancy lightsaber,and that his apprentice is an Ewok.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
It's not mysterious? So you know that it's the Inquisitor speaking? If you don't, it kinda falls under the category of a "mystery." I mean, either you know or you don't. There's not really a middle ground, hence the mystery.

Don't get me wrong, I get it. If this was 5 straight minutes of Chewbacca passing gas, Star Wars fans would be defending this, and to do anything other than drool over anything we get is blasphemy. I hope sincerely hope the movie is good, but fanboys that'll eat up anything make me hope Jar Jar Binks is the main Sith baddy with the fancy lightsaber,and that his apprentice is an Ewok.

Okay...

speedkilz88

Reaction score
In the past teaser they showed that the storm troopers were back to the classic look. Which is what I wanted. (hate the clone trooper look) But this trailer shows that they retweaked the classic look again. Don't like, not as bad as the clones but not an improvement from the classic imo. The new silver looking trooper now looks pretty cool. Kind of had that Boba Fett thing going on.

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
Chewy! He hasn't aged a bit. What's the lifespan of a typical Wookie?

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Wookiee
"From the age of 18, the Wookiees were viewed as full-fledged adults,[13] and were considered in their prime around the age of 200.[7] Throughout this lengthy period, Wookiees were expected to embrace a career and find a regular source of income so they could marry and found a family of their own.[14] Subsequently, Wookiees were qualified as "middle-aged" by 301–350, "old" by 351–399 and "venerable" at 400.[13] Elderly Wookiees were normally cared for and admired for their accumulated wisdom"

jrumann59

Reaction score
Star Wars is alright I saw the 1st six. I am trek fan so, I hope JJ Abrams love of SW comes through because his TWOK remake leaves a lot to be desired. I do hope all you SW Fanboys end up with 3 movies witha crap ton of unnecessary lens flairs.