Star Wars episode VII trailer

reddyuta

Reaction score
I do find the level of dissection of this and the prequels to be interesting. The original films are full of flaws whether its effects, plot holes or really crappy dialogue. One of them has Ewoks. However since they were the films of our youth, they are beyond reproach. They were extremely successful movies that were influential. Don't get me wrong I love them but I do realize I was 7 to about 13 when they came out. I am sure I would feel different about them had they came out when I was a 44 year old male.

Anyway I am very much looking forward to this film. Not going to think too much about it. If its like JJ's previous work, should be entertaining and that's what making a movie typically is about. Entertainment.

interesting point,i bet the Ewoks would have been ridiculed just as jar jar binks if they were in the prequels.

rynochop

Reaction score
The ewoks have been ridiculed almost as much as jar jar binks.

yeah, i dont know about when it came out though. i really dont know, no internet.ha guess could read the old reviews.
Ford did call it the teddy bear movie

Lodeus

Reaction score

How different they react is amusing. Obviously dad is the SW nerd.

RonSpringsdaman20

Hold The Door!
Reaction score
A partial x light saber like darth maul. What's the purpose of the short little pieces of light saber?

Yeh, that's not what I was thinking. I heard rumors of why it was designed that way, technically, but I won't get into that...
From a philosophical stand point , red (the sith saber color) represents anger, danger, passion, and blood in film language.
The cross symbolizes persecution, or sacrifice..... So it draws me in as a viewer to see that symbolism......

the sabers are different in design.

Last edited:

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Yeh, that's not what I was thinking. I heard rumors of why it was designed that way, technically, but I won't get into that...
From a philosophical stand point , red (the sith saber color) represents anger, danger, passion, and blood in film language.
The cross symbolizes persecution, or sacrifice..... So it draws me in as a viewer to see that symbolism......

the sabers are different in design.

Ok. Thanks for that info.

Good angle...... Mayyyyyybe.

Hey, I am a big fan.... And just like the Dallas cowboys I expect ALOT from these movies and directors.
I don't want no fudgin ham and egg chitty story movie.

RonSpringsdaman20

Hold The Door!
Reaction score
Ok. Thanks for that info.

Good angle...... Mayyyyyybe.

Hey, I am a big fan.... And just like the Dallas cowboys I expect ALOT from these movies and directors.
I don't want no fudgin ham and egg chitty story movie.

That interpretation may have more or less angles than i've given it, but from what i've seen of Abrams (not that I'm a huge fan), he's not a reckless, or irresponsible filmmaker, so I would be highly surprised if several of the cues I've seen in the trailer means nothing.... even a decent film has several subtextual layers.

Honestly, as a fan, besides "The Empire Strikes Back", & Maybe "A New Hope" the Star Wars series has been average (and ROTJ was really a toy selling vehicle). The story idea, journey, and technological cutting edge (more so with the original series) has been the torch barer for the films. George Lucas is not a very good director/story teller imo (original, & I, II, III).

Interesting tidbit, when Lucas first saw Empire Strikes Back (directed by Irvin Kershner), he hated it. He vowed to have much more control coming into "ROTJ" The storyline went from dark to light ;), with an emphasis on marketing....... To this day, The Empire Strikes Back is critically acclaimed as the best of the series from a filmmaking standpoint.

Last edited:

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
A partial x light saber like darth maul. What's the purpose of the short little pieces of light saber?
It's basically just a Swiss Army lightsaber...the rest of the thing didn't make the cut for the teaser.

tumblr_nftxhdpLFM1t88bloo1_500.gif

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
I cannot wait to see the new Star Wars. Never mind the crap Hollywood shoved down our throats after the last great Star Wars movie, Return of the Jedi. This one finally looks like it holds some promise. I'm almost as excited about this one much like I was back when I was a kid enjoying the original Star Wars movies.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

It looked to me to be an 'Old Republic' style lightsaber from long ago, or a version faultily-crafted by someone not fully trained in how to create one.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
That interpretation may have more or less angles than i've given it, but from what i've seen of Abrams (not that I'm a huge fan), he's not a reckless, or irresponsible filmmaker, so I would be highly surprised if several of the cues I've seen in the trailer means nothing.... even a decent film has several subtextual layers.

Honestly, as a fan, besides "The Empire Strikes Back", & Maybe "A New Hope" the Star Wars series has been average (and ROTJ was really a toy selling vehicle). The story idea, journey, and technological cutting edge (more so with the original series) has been the torch barer for the films. George Lucas is not a very good director/story teller imo (original, & I, II, III).

Interesting tidbit, when Lucas first saw Empire Strikes Back (directed by Irvin Kershner), he hated it. He vowed to have much more control coming into "ROTJ" The storyline went from dark to light ;), with an emphasis on marketing....... To this day, The Empire Strikes Back is critically acclaimed as the best of the series from a filmmaking standpoint.

You know the three themes right? Sand, Ice and Forest.... Per each movie, ANH, TESB and ROTJ....

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I do believe I am the only one on the planet who has never seen Star Wars.