Staubach: There’s accuracy issues but Dak’s gonna continue to be a great quarterback **merged**

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
To be fair, if it was romo in that Rams game, instead of Dak, and he performed equal the same, then people would've said Romo Choked. On the other hand, we have some people saying Dak was clutch in that game even though he lost.
In the 2014 playoff loss at Green Bay, Romo didn't lose that game at all. He played very good, but the rest of the team didn't help him much. The same thing happened to Dak a few weeks ago at the Rams. Dak played pretty good even though the rest of the team did not. Cant and won't blame our QBs in both of those games.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
In the 2014 playoff loss at Green Bay, Romo didn't lose that game at all. He played very good, but the rest of the team didn't help him much. The same thing happened to Dak a few weeks ago at the Rams. Dak played pretty good even though the rest of the team did not. Cant and won't blame our QBs in both of those games.
Agreed 100%.

conner01

Reaction score
What a homer, what does he know about being a mobile QB and how to throw a football accurately....Some of the posters are eminently more qualified to evaluate talent since they have owned every madden game since 1992....
Just to throw a little gas on this fire
Dak has a much higher completion pct than roger ever did
Now I’ll sit back and watch the flames

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
Are you kidding? Roger was pro Romo. Hate on Romo as much as you want but he was damn QB.

The guy is a phony, he hates on Romo, but then posted that he wanted Romo to be Dak's Quarterback Coach or coordinator. :) forget which of those two, but I was in shock considering who posted it. :lmao:

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
As was Belichick....who installed the Cowboy Fan Football IQ filter---he dismissed any Cowboy fan as not knowing football if they didn't think Romo was outstanding. Called it his Cowboy fan filter.
:muttley:
He said he would not talk football with them once he found out they were down on Romo….because it proved to him they weren't worth discussing football with.

Even now, he talks about how his one on one media meetings are at such a higher level when Rom is doing the game.

Does that mean belichick doesn't discuss football with Deion? :muttley:

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
You may be arguing semantics... being benched usually implies poor performance but I don’t think it’s a stretch to say he was benched. The key point is that a decision was made for one player and so the other can be considered “benched”.

It's not semantics. Being benched implies bad performance. Romo did not perform bad that season. In fact when he came back in, he was hot.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score

Dak played bad for 54 mins of the game and then was hot for the final 6 mins. It may have been the comeback nature that Dak may have had. It may have been that the Rams were in prevent mode, playing to not lose instead of playing to win. It probably is part of both. But the way I remember things, romo got blamed for choking whenever he lost in the playoffs or the end of the season. shoots 2017 would've been labled a choke. people just have double standards.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
The first part is true, though I don't know that he "demanded" anything. But it's still a different thing to not be given your starting job back upon returning from injury near the end of the season, because the FO wants to "ride the hot hand" than to be benched.

Well I still rather have the article, than to take his paraphrase for it, because the difference can be in the details.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Dak played bad for 54 mins of the game and then was hot for the final 6 mins. It may have been the comeback nature that Dak may have had. It may have been that the Rams were in prevent mode, playing to not lose instead of playing to win. It probably is part of both. But the way I remember things, romo got blamed for choking whenever he lost in the playoffs or the end of the season. shoots 2017 would've been labled a choke. people just have double standards.
Sorry but totally disagree on all points made. I don't want to provide videos to prove my point because it will start more fighting online.

Oh_Canada

Reaction score

Lol-go back and check Romo’s playoff performances. He literally had one good game vs a bad Philly team, a two decent ones Detroit at home and GB in ‘14. The other three he was bad to very bad. That is a ten yr starting career btw. He just wasn’t all that good in the playoffs.

Blackrain

Reaction score

Spot On AC