Staubach: There’s accuracy issues but Dak’s gonna continue to be a great quarterback **merged**

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
Lol-go back and check Romo’s playoff performances. He literally had one good game vs a bad Philly team, a two decent ones Detroit at home and GB in ‘14. The other three he was bad to very bad. That is a ten yr starting career btw. He just wasn’t all that good in the playoffs.

And I can admit that. I'm not like one of the Dak crowd who thinks any of the Cowboys is the Messiah and walks on water and can do no wrong. I rather be objective instead of constantly sniffing someone's jock.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The first part is true, though I don't know that he "demanded" anything. But it's still a different thing to not be given your starting job back upon returning from injury near the end of the season, because the FO wants to "ride the hot hand" than to be benched.
Benched means under performing (i.e., stinking it up.) Had Dak gone to IR, Romo would have become the starter over Kellen Moore and Dak.

Number1

Reaction score
I'm not ignoring anything. This is the first time I've ever seen you write anything positive about Romo...and then you immediately follow that up with the "choking" fallacy.

"fallacy"? sort of.

Dak's 1.7% career INT% is stellar.
Rodgers 1.5, Brady 1.8, Brees 2.4, Romo 2.7, Roethlisberger 2.7

Rodgers didn't have a season under 2.0 unit his 5th year in the NFL. Brady didn't get under 2.0 until his 7th season..
Romo's INT% didn't get below 3.0 until his 4th season starting, same as Roethlisberger.

Tony often went brain dead. With Tony it was 10 a season, which ain't bad, about the same as Troy, Danny, or Rodger.

Dak doesn't very often. actually as little as any. I've seen Dak throw about 10 really idiotic passes in his career.

Dak will wander into a sacks ... but he rarely does dumb things with the ball. Which is a lot of why I like him.

Look at it like this - in the last 8 reg season games, Dak threw for 70%, 12 TDs, 3 INTs, with 28 sacks ... 7-1 record.
That takes a rare mental (and physical) toughness Tony did not have.

Last edited:

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
"fallacy"? sort of.

Rodgers didn't have a season under 2.0 unit his 5th year in the NFL. Brady didn't get under 2.0 until his 7th season..
Romo's INT% didn't get below 3.0 until his 4th season starting, same as Roethlisberger.

Tony often went brain dead. With Tony it was 10 a season, which ain't bad, about the same as Troy, Danny, or Rodger.

Dak doesn't very often. actually as little as any. I've seen Dak throw about 10 really idiotic passes in his career.

Dak will wander into a sacks ... but he really does dumb things with the ball. Which a lot of why I like him.

Look at it like this - in the last 8 reg season games, Dak threw for 70%, 12 TDs, 3 INTs, with 28 sacks ... 7-1 record.
While all of this is irrelevant to Romo's "choking" reputation, I will point out that Dak has had quite a few easy interceptions dropped. Also, Romo was often put in a position in which he had to do too much to make things happen........and the guy played through injuries most accountants would call out of work for, so saying he didn't have physical toughness is just wrong.

But regardless; my post was about the "choking" being a fallacy. Just because someone loses a playoff game, or even throws an untimely interception, it doesn't mean he "choked". Choking is something a lack of confidence causes, and Romo never lacked confidence.

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
"fallacy"? sort of.

Dak will wander into a sacks ... but he rarely does dumb things with the ball. Which is a lot of why I like him.

Give me a break, yet another person who is clueless about comparing seasons that are more than a few years apart. There is nothing special about Dak’s interception totals. He’s playing in an all-time peak era for QBs avoiding interceptions. We saw last year that when Dak was put into situations where he was behind and having to air it out, he racked up interceptions by the boatload. Combine it with his bonehead fumbling and over the last 2 years he is one of the most turnover prone QBs in the league. Plus unlike Rodgers, Brady, etc. he is not able to maintain high TD totals while keeping the interceptions low. He just doesn't take any chances period, cutting out the good and the bad.

Nav22

Reaction score
Yes, Dak is a "gamer" now. I've heard it all.

During the regular season, when confronting with Dak's middling stats I was assured Dak was a winner with a magical it factor and he wasn't about stats. You would think I would be turning on my TV this weekend and seeing Dak on the screen.

So Dak is not a stat QB, and he's not a winner either since he's never won anything of note. It will be interesting to see what new category Dak slobberers come up with to keep the mediocrity train going. Gamer, it is.
Top-10 QB statistically after the Cooper trade.

Egg on your face.
:laugh:

Blackrain

Reaction score
"fallacy"? sort of.

Great Post

Blackrain

Reaction score
While all of this is irrelevant to Romo's "choking" reputation, I will point out that Dak has had quite a few easy interceptions dropped. Also, Romo was often put in a position in which he had to do too much to make things happen........and the guy played through injuries most accountants would call out of work for, so saying he didn't have physical toughness is just wrong.

But regardless; my post was about the "choking" being a fallacy. Just because someone loses a playoff game, or even throws an untimely interception, it doesn't mean he "choked". Choking is something a lack of confidence causes, and Romo never lacked confidence.

Agreed Romo never lacked confidence . Tony was a Gambler a risk taker and manipulated the whole game to do what he liked to do pass the ball . Sometimes it was a highlight reel other times it sent us home frustrated . Tony was in love with his arm and never afraid to pull the trigger . This addiction was exposed at times by great defenses that could bait him into throwing by just pulling a guy up into the box.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I've never heard him say anything negative about anyone, and he's definitely a homer, but his opinion still carries weight.
Yep

He’s my all time favorite but he has a booth at the stadium and usually not a critic of any Cowboy saying all the right things. That’s great and it carries some weight if you’re looking for that type of public support.