Steeler fans here in pittsburgh hate...

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
SteelManiac55;2457821 said:
The Steelers have 4 'morning slot' games this season now. The Ravens game was changed to 4:15. I'm guessing the Steelers/Titans game has a pretty good chance of getting the same treatment.
Fox has blocked the Cowboys games being flexed and does it just about every year.

Both teams are popular. Your contention was wrong. Nothing wrong with admitting it. National games means no part of the nation misses the game.

6 to 5 without a flex. Dallas. Sorry.

SteelManiac55

Reaction score
Hostile;2457837 said:
Fox has blocked the Cowboys games being flexed and does it just about every year.

Both teams are popular. Your contention was wrong. Nothing wrong with admitting it. National games means no part of the nation misses the game.

6 to 5 without a flex. Dallas. Sorry.

Fair enough. The Thanksgiving game makes it impossible for the Steelers to actually match the Cowboys in total national broadcasts.

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
SteelManiac55;2457570 said:
The Steelers also have the best fan base in the country. Simple. ESPN named Steelers fans as the best in the NFL. Sports Illustrated also proclaimed Steelers fans as the best. Simply put, Steelers Nation reigns supreme.

Then, by your own logic, the Cowboys are rightfully "America's Team" because NFL Films deemed them so.

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
SteelManiac55;2457841 said:
Fair enough. The Thanksgiving game makes it impossible for the Steelers to actually match the Cowboys in total national broadcasts.

All NFL teams had their chance for the Thanksgiving game.

For a while it was just Detroit vs Green Bay each year, then they added another game.

When the extra Thanksgiving game was originated, nobody wanted it.

The Cowboys agreed to do it to market themselves, in 1966 I believe. The rest is history.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
SteelManiac55;2457841 said:
The max is 7 for any team I believe. We hit it last year and are 1 shy this year. Unless NBC flexes a game. Then we hit 7 again. With only 1 of them as the MNF game.

There's power in that star.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
ScipioCowboy;2457861 said:
Then, by your own logic, the Cowboys are rightfully "America's Team" because NFL Films deemed them so.
Ooh, good point.

Reaction score
juckie;2456239 said:
the Cowboys worse then any other team.Besides the field we will have to deal with a crowd with more hatred for us then Philly.Last time Cowboys played here I was just baffled by the hatred,i think I was 1 of maybe 100 fans,lol.philly is bad but not like these people.we win this, this team has taken the next step.

If you had to live in that hellhole of a city you would be pissed at a lot of things also...

bigE79

Reaction score
Quarterback Coach;2458113 said:
If you had to live in that hellhole of a city you would be pissed at a lot of things also...
:laugh2: ...i lived there for 34 yrs and its not a terrible city,it just doesnt have much to do,its really quite boring:star:

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Interesting thread. It would be interesting to ask a random population who America's Team is. I doubt 50 in a 100 would get it right but I also bet the Cowboys would get the most votes.

But since most sport's fans esp NFL fans know exactly what America's Team means.

AtomicDog

Reaction score
Pukindog;2456354 said:
I have a disdain for the Steelers that isn't matched by any other teams, although the ones stated above are a close second.

The reasons are Super Bowls 10 and 13.

And, by the way, I do "get the game" and the spirit of it all. ;)

Excellent post. I hate SF the most Pitt is a close second. I hate the EAGLES a bunch. Have a grudging respect for NYG and Wash. I do understand football.

I not only want supremacy in the NFC East, but for the entire NFL. That's why I can hate teams outside the division and the conference.

hutru01

Reaction score
ThreeSportStar80;2456328 said:
Dallas is the most hated team in the NFL, you guys should know that by now... America's team is loved by many and also despised by just as many.

QFT.....

SteelManiac55

Reaction score
Quarterback Coach;2458113 said:

Pittsburgh is a pretty damn nice city to live in.

SteelManiac55

Reaction score
ScipioCowboy;2457861 said:

I never said they weren't 'America's Team'. It's a moniker - whatever works. I wouldn't want the Steelers to be known as 'America's Team'. It just wouldn't sound right. It's not different than 'Steelers Nation' or any other little nickname.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
SteelManiac55;2458549 said:
I never said they weren't 'America's Team'. It's a moniker - whatever works. I wouldn't want the Steelers to be known as 'America's Team'. It just wouldn't sound right. It's not different than 'Steelers Nation' or any other little nickname.
Exactly, but can you tell me why no one ever wants to steal other nicknames?

Why doesn't anyone else want "Monsters of the Midway," "Purple People Eaters," "Pimp Slappers," or any other nickname that teams are called?

SteelManiac55

Reaction score
Hostile;2458564 said:
Exactly, but can you tell me why no one ever wants to steal other nicknames?

Why doesn't anyone else want "Monsters of the Midway," "Purple People Eaters," "Pimp Slappers," or any other nickname that teams are called?

Haha, well, because they wouldn't make sense?

I'm content with the Steel Curtain, Steelers Nation, etc. Can't speak for other teams.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
SteelManiac55;2458576 said:
Haha, well, because they wouldn't make sense?

I'm content with the Steel Curtain, Steelers Nation, etc. Can't speak for other teams.
Recently ESPN or FoxSports did a thing about where the real "Titletown" is.

It's in Green Bay. You have to ride the short bus to think nicknames are transferable.

We are America's Team. Period. They need to quit trying to give it or loan it to someone else. NFL Films dubbed us that. It fits. Move on.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Someone actually came into a Cowboys forum and tried to use merchandise sales and TV ratings as evidence for their team?

:lmao2:

SteelManiac55

Reaction score
Hostile;2458580 said:
Recently ESPN or FoxSports did a thing about where the real "Titletown" is.

It's in Green Bay. You have to ride the short bus to think nicknames are transferable.

We are America's Team. Period. They need to quit trying to give it or loan it to someone else. NFL Films dubbed us that. It fits. Move on.

The awful thing about the whole 'Titletown' schtick was that it ended up being some random little town.

#12Cowboy

Reaction score
WV Cowboy;2457391 said:
Steeler fans are the reason I can't stand the Steelers.

I respect their team, their coaches, and players. I repect their brand of football.

But I live in Squeelers country and their fans are obnoxious, arrogant and delusional.

Plus they are fair-weather fans. When the Squeelers are winning, that's all they want to talk about, ... but if they aren't winning, they act like pro football is meaningless.

Me: "did you see your steelers lose again yesterday?"

Steelfan: "no, I was raking leaves."

They dislike the Cowboys because they see us as flashy, glitzy, and a finesse team.

They see the Steelers as blue-collar, hard-nosed, bring your lunch bucket type of team.

They think we are polar opposites.

They still talk about the Cowboys as criminals, (I hear that one all of the time) .. even though the Squeelers have had 7 players arrested since 2006 and we have had one I think.

That is what I mean about delusional.

I want to win this game badly.

I won't talk any trash at all if we win, but I won't have to listen to it either. :D

Plus, like all fans, they hate us because we are always the first to do things.

The white on the turf surrounding most sidelines, Dallas did that first.

Dallas was the first to use computers for evaluating drafting of players.

The arrows on the yard markers on the 40, 30, 20 yard lines indicating which direction the endzone is was introduced by Dallas first so people watching on TV could know which side of the 50 the ball was on.

How many new stadiums are you seeing with a hole in the roof, .. who did that first?

:star: :starspin :star:

I agree with you about their fans. They are very obnoxious.