Steeler fans here in pittsburgh hate...

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
SteelManiac55;2457635 said:
My excuse is that I didn't feel like opening a window because it was irrelevant. What does his location have to do with this argument? Nothing.
The location listed by posters (or moderators such as Hostile) are found underneath their avatars. It's clearly visible to anyone before they open the message window. As I said, "excuse".

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
SteelManiac55;2457603 said:
I have zero jealous of anything involving the Cowboys.

Really? Is this a Steelers message board that we Cowboys fans are on?

Or is this a Cowboys message board that you, Steelboy are on?

Can't think of a single reason for me to ever be on a Steelers message board if they do indeed have one.

Dude, I am surrounded by Squeeler fans, .. family, friends, co-workers, dorks in their Squeeler garb at the bus-stop, WalMart and McDonalds, HS & College sporting events.

They will flatout tell you that they hate the Cowboys, cowboys, Cowpies, Cryboys as I walk by.

As long as Squeeler fans single me out in public and post on our message board, I'm thinking there is some jealousy for them to act that way.

Like I said in an earlier post, I respect the Steeler organization, it is the arrogant, obnoxious fans that I can't stand, ... you haven't disappointed.

SteelManiac55

Reaction score
WV Cowboy;2457660 said:
Really? Is this a Steelers message board that we Cowboys fans are on?

Or is this a Cowboys message board that you, Steelboy are on?

Can't think of a single reason for me to ever be on a Steelers message board if they do indeed have one.

Dude, I am surrounded by Squeeler fans, .. family, friends, co-workers, dorks in their Squeeler garb at the bus-stop, WalMart and McDonalds, HS & College sporting events.

They will flatout tell you that they hate the Cowboys, cowboys, Cowpies, Cryboys as I walk by.

As long as Squeeler fans single me out in public and post on our message board, I'm thinking there is some jealousy for them to act that way.

Like I said in an earlier post, I respect the Steeler organization, it is the arrogant, obnoxious fans that I can't stand, ... you haven't disappointed.

Cowboys fans have been on Steelers message boards as early as last Thursday. I don't care what you do. I enjoy talking with the fans of other teams from time to time.

Dude, I'm glad you live near Steelers fans. Good for you. Most Steelers fans will also tell you they hate the Browns, Ravens, and Patriots more than the Cowboys.

And I've never personally insulted any of you, I've never cursed or used rude language, and I've done nothing to even really disrespect the Cowboys organization. I'm simply defending the Steelers. So how exactly have I been obnoxious? Nah. A bit arrogant? Sure, but that has simply been retaliatory.

You don't see me running around here referring to the Cowboys as the 'cowboys', 'Cowpies', or whatever other spin could be made. You, on the other hand..

SteelManiac55

Reaction score
DallasEast;2457657 said:
The location listed by posters (or moderators such as Hostile) are found underneath their avatars. It's clearly visible to anyone before they open the message window. As I said, "excuse".

Yeah, but I had no reason to know his location prior to opening the message window. I don't outline each and every one of my posts beforehand. And still, it was an irrelevant fact. I said something like 'Texas (or wherever you may be)' simply because I didn't know his location and felt it unnecessary to do the quick research. It would've been a waste of my six seconds.

Really simple.

tnbk

Reaction score
Hostile;2456271 said:
Personally I find that fact (if it's true) to be really stupid. They should hate the Browns, Bengals, and Ravens more than any other team. It is as stupid as Cowboys fans hating any team more than the Commanders, Eagles, or Giants. Some people just don't get the game at all.

Embrace the hate though.

30 minutes South of ****zbergh. Trust me.....it's true.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Hostile;2456271 said:
Personally I find that fact (if it's true) to be really stupid. They should hate the Browns, Bengals, and Ravens more than any other team. It is as stupid as Cowboys fans hating any team more than the Commanders, Eagles, or Giants. Some people just don't get the game at all.

Embrace the hate though.

Yeah...

But...

WE ARE THE DALLAS COWBOYS!
(so it makes perfect sense) ;)

They can have the hate.
I just want the win.

Thank you berry much.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
SteelManiac55;2457681 said:
Yeah, but I had no reason to know his location prior to opening the message window. I don't outline each and every one of my posts beforehand. And still, it was an irrelevant fact. I said something like 'Texas (or wherever you may be)' simply because I didn't know his location and felt it unnecessary to do the quick research. It would've been a waste of my six seconds.

Really simple.
Excuse #2

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
SteelManiac55;2457677 said:
I enjoy talking with the fans of other teams from time to time.

That is cool.

But you do know that your last Super Bowl is tainted right?

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
SteelManiac55;2457677 said:
Most Steelers fans will also tell you they hate the Browns, Ravens, and Patriots more than the Cowboys.

I can understand the Browns & Ravens, same division and all. Even the Pats since they have owned the AFC lately.
But the Cowboys ??

And I've never personally insulted any of you, I've never cursed or used rude language, and I've done nothing to even really disrespect the Cowboys organization.

I haven't read all of your posts but seeing that you are up near 30 this must be right or you would be gone.:laugh2:

You don't see me running around here referring to the Cowboys as the 'cowboys', 'Cowpies', or whatever other spin could be made. You, on the other hand..

When I speak of the Steelers as an organization you will notice I normally show respect, it's when I am referring to fans that I use the term squeelers, indicative of how they squeel on and on about the B&G.

It's like parents that brag on and on about their kids, nobody wants to hear it.

Enjoy your time on the CowboysZone, I see trolls from other teams every week, be sure to come back on Monday should you lose.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
SteelManiac55;2457603 said:
You're just throwing out these absolutely random comments. And nope, I have zero jealous of anything involving the Cowboys. I think they're a great franchise, good for the NFL, full of tradition, etc., but I'm certainly not jealous of them in any way.

And I know it shows where you are located. I just didn't feel like opening a new window while I was typing that last message (mostly because it was completely irrelevant). I don't care where the Steelers fans were from either because that is also completely irrelevant.

I also know that you never said the Steelers did not have a great fan base. I'm quite capable of reading.

I was just emphasizing, and backing-up, my point that Steelers fans have no reason to be jealous of any other franchise. You, on the other hand, reference four random people, Ace.
Here's a little tip for ya Ace. You are not the litmus test for all Steeler fans. Some of them are going to be different than you. That includes feel differently. So when you throw out absolutes, expect them to get hurled back.

Those fans may have no reason to be jealous, (and I would even agree with you a little bit) but the fact is some of them are. We were the first to 5. It gnaws at some people. I assure you if the Steelers or anyone else gets 6 before the Cowboys do it will gnaw at Cowboys fans. That won't mean they aren't a great fanbase. It means that people have a rang eof emotions. A damned cornacopia of them. Any time you speak in absolutes, it sets you up.

Papa Joe learned that too.

Oh, and no new window is needed to be opened up to see where I am located. But that was a real nice try.

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
YoMick;2457700 said:
But you do know that your last Super Bowl is tainted right?

:laugh2: That officiating was awful.

YoMick, do we have to see OW beside Halle ?
One is so good to look at and one, not so much. :D

SteelManiac55

Reaction score
WV Cowboy;2457736 said:
I can understand the Browns & Ravens, same division and all. Even the Pats since they have owned the AFC lately.
But the Cowboys ??

I haven't read all of your posts but seeing that you are up near 30 this must be right or you would be gone.:laugh2:

When I speak of the Steelers as an organization you will notice I normally show respect, it's when I am referring to fans that I use the term squeelers, indicative of how they squeel on and on about the B&G.

It's like parents that brag on and on about their kids, nobody wants to hear it.

Enjoy your time on the CowboysZone, I see trolls from other teams every week, be sure to come back on Monday should you lose.

Yeah, the Browns and Ravens are the Steelers biggest current rivals. The Patriots have owned us throughout the last decade. That, combined with the whole cheating thing, makes them quite hated. The Bengals are probably more disliked than the Cowboys, but they suck so bad usually that it is irrelevant. Then comes the Cowboys and the Raiders. I've say they share about an equal amount of dislike from Steelers fans (especially the older generations). One could even argue that Steelers fans have a greater distaste for the Jaguars than the Cowboys (dating back to the AFC Central days and the last few seasons).

And yeah, I've heard all the cute little names that opposing fans come up with (Stealers, Squeelers, etc. - no different than cowboys, Cowpies, and whatever else may come about).

I'll be back on Monday should the Steelers happen to lose. I've never really even said anything about this game - I've spent more time arguing that the Cowboys certainly aren't the most hated team amongst Steelers fans. Now, Cowboys fans around Pittsburgh might feel as if they receive an inordinate amount of hatred, but it's nothing like what a Browns or Ravens fan would go through. Trust me on that one. As for the game, I think it'll be a really fun game. I'm excited and I'll be planted in Heinz Field yet again on Sunday in anticipation.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
SteelManiac55;2457632 said:
That's simply because of the Thanksgiving game.

I'm thinking more along the lines of 4:15 primetime spots. The Steelers have had two games this season start at 1:00. The rest have all been later starts so they could have a greater national broadcast. Flex-scheduling has already moved the Steelers/Ravens start time so that it can be seen nearly nationwide. The Cowboys have had three 1:00 starts (noon for you guys in Texas). Take a look at those distribution maps and you'll see the Steelers were broadcast nationally (minus those markets that also had a game going) in Week 3 (against Philly), Week 8 (against the Giants), Week 10 (against Indy), Week 11 (against SD), and it will be the same way again this week against Dallas. The Ravens/Steelers game also has already been moved into the 4:15 spot simply so it can be broadcast on a greater national scale. I wouldn't be surprised if the Titans game was also moved into a later time slot.
:lmao2:

Auntie Em! Auntie Em! It's a twister! It's a twister!

Try not to get so dizzy you throw up there Ace. That's some great spin control. Funny how the Lindy's 2008 football magazine backs up my point.

Oh and if you want to try your point, about the afternoon games, you'll still fail. Dallas had 3 games in this year's "morning slot" to your 5.

Toodles.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
WV Cowboy;2457777 said:
:laugh2: That officiating was awful.

YoMick, do we have to see OW beside Halle ?
One is so good to look at and one, not so much. :D

Contrast! :laugh2: and... keeping it in context.

I am hoping Halle goes up 4 or 5-1 this week ;)

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
SteelManiac55;2457782 said:
Yeah, the Browns and Ravens are the Steelers biggest current rivals. The Patriots have owned us throughout the last decade. That, combined with the whole cheating thing, makes them quite hated. The Bengals are probably more disliked than the Cowboys, but they suck so bad usually that it is irrelevant. Then comes the Cowboys and the Raiders. I've say they share about an equal amount of dislike from Steelers fans (especially the older generations). One could even argue that Steelers fans have a greater distaste for the Jaguars than the Cowboys (dating back to the AFC Central days and the last few seasons).

And yeah, I've heard all the cute little names that opposing fans come up with (Stealers, Squeelers, etc. - no different than cowboys, Cowpies, and whatever else may come about).

I'll be back on Monday should the Steelers happen to lose. I've never really even said anything about this game - I've spent more time arguing that the Cowboys certainly aren't the most hated team amongst Steelers fans. Now, Cowboys fans around Pittsburgh might feel as if they receive an inordinate amount of hatred, but it's nothing like what a Browns or Ravens fan would go through. Trust me on that one. As for the game, I think it'll be a really fun game. I'm excited and I'll be planted in Heinz Field yet again on Sunday in anticipation.
I applaud you for that.

No jokes. That is a football fan knowing how important rivalries are.

:clap:

SteelManiac55

Reaction score
Hostile;2457769 said:
Here's a little tip for ya Ace. You are not the litmus test for all Steeler fans. Some of them are going to be different than you. That includes feel differently. So when you throw out absolutes, expect them to get hurled back.

Those fans may have no reason to be jealous, (and I would even agree with you a little bit) but the fact is some of them are. We were the first to 5. It gnaws at some people. I assure you if the Steelers or anyone else gets 6 before the Cowboys do it will gnaw at Cowboys fans. That won't mean they aren't a great fanbase. It means that people have a rang eof emotions. A damned cornacopia of them. Any time you speak in absolutes, it sets you up.

Papa Joe learned that too.

And getting extremely specific with a debate like this doesn't work that well either. Like I said, I'm sure I could pull a few examples of Cowboys fans that are jealous of some element of the Steelers. That certainly wouldn't speak for the entire fan base, however.

Also, I certainly realize that I'm not a litmus test for all Steelers fans. Obviously different people will have differing opinions. However, I'm willing to bet I spend more time around Steelers fans than Joe in Chicago or some Steelers fan in Arizona. I have a pretty good grasp as to how this entire fan base feels regarding different teams. My main argument here was simply that the Cowboys are not the most hated team amongst Steelers fans, possibly not even in the top five.

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
YoMick;2457784 said:

Duh, ... I get it now, MB TD's. :lmao2:

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
SteelManiac55;2457804 said:
And getting extremely specific with a debate like this doesn't work that well either. Like I said, I'm sure I could pull a few examples of Cowboys fans that are jealous of some element of the Steelers. That certainly wouldn't speak for the entire fan base, however.

Also, I certainly realize that I'm not a litmus test for all Steelers fans. Obviously different people will have differing opinions. However, I'm willing to bet I spend more time around Steelers fans than Joe in Chicago or some Steelers fan in Arizona. I have a pretty good grasp as to how this entire fan base feels regarding different teams. My main argument here was simply that the Cowboys are not the most hated team amongst Steelers fans, possibly not even in the top five.
I never said Cowboys fans weren't. In fact, if you look at my very first post in this thread it was about how silly it is for some to hate the Steelers more than the division rivals.

Seriously, go look for yourself.

SteelManiac55

Reaction score
Hostile;2457783 said:
:lmao2:

Auntie Em! Auntie Em! It's a twister! It's a twister!

Try not to get so dizzy you throw up there Ace. That's some great spin control. Funny how the Lindy's 2008 football magazine backs up my point.

Oh and if you want to try your point, about the afternoon games, you'll still fail. Dallas had 3 games in this year's "morning slot" to your 5.

Toodles.

The Steelers have 4 'morning slot' games this season now. The Ravens game was changed to 4:15. I'm guessing the Steelers/Titans game has a pretty good chance of getting the same treatment.

Da Hammer

The Natural
Reaction score
YoMick;2457784 said:

Dude like i told u last week a picture of money would work just as well as havin oprah on there lol...