Video: Stephen A: Jerry Jones wouldn’t treat Tony Romo like he is treating Dak Prescott

buybuydandavis

Reaction score

Jerry and Parcells tried to pressure Romo into a contract before they started him, then gave him a one year prove it deal.

First opportunity, Jones offered a *long term* contract extension at franchise level price for Dak.

It takes two sides to make a contract. Is Jerry being disrespectful to Dak, or Dak being disrespectful to Jerry? Or is it just bidness on both sides?

Unless Smith knows what Dak has offered to accept, he has no more idea who is being "disrespectful", if anyone, than we do.

ESisback

Reaction score
He's trying to force the cowboys to do something.

Then when Dak falls flat on his face, he will be the first one to hide his hands after throwing stones and call the Jones family a bunch of idiots, laugh and mock.

#DontpayDak

I agree that his motives are shady. He craves attention and drama, and prays for our ruination. I like Dak a lot and wish him well, and I think with the players and coaches we have now we COULD be a valid contender, but IMHO, Dak is not an elite QB. He’s not in the top half dozen QBs. We shouldn’t endanger the future of the whole team by giving him all the cap money. He’s not good enough to elevate a team of JAGS to consistent Super Bowl contenders.

BIGDen

Dr. Freakasaurus
Reaction score
Didn't Jerry make the decision to go with Dak instead of Romo?

No. Jerry, correctly, wanted Romo to resume his starting role when he came back from injury. Garrett, Linehan, and Stephen wanted to go with the "hot hand" rookie. As good as Dak was as a rookie, his warts/inexperience were very apparent - especially on 3rd and long. The "brain trust", not including Jerry, made that call and it was a mistake.

shabazz

Reaction score
:facepalm:.........when all else fails play the race card.

I didn't know that Jerry had an affinity for Mexican Americans over others. I'm now going to feign some kind of outrage, since this is a triggering event

shabazz

Reaction score
Was Romo ever top 5? Maybe all his deep playoff runs has me a little confused.

Dan Marino had an 8-10 playoff record. His playoff teams rushed for an average of 53 yards per game, while the defense surrendered an average of 34.5 points per game.

Ergo, Dan Marino didn't have much playoff success or deep playoff runs too...........and is clearly not top 5 either

shabazz

Reaction score
Balderdash. He kept dak the starter in 2016 when Antonio ramiro was able to return. Dak has received nothing love and affection from the fo.

Hes been treated just like an illegitimate Jones family member

shabazz

Reaction score
Yup, pure hatred and animosity going on here

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
I think they need to sign Dak, but what he is saying is nonsense.

Romo didn't demand ridiculous money like Dak is. Just because Dak has played well etc, doesn't mean you have to make him the highest-paid QB in the league.

Dak is overplaying his hand in my opinion.

Kwyn

Reaction score
Just curious, what percentage of the cap did Romo get versus what is Dak asking for?
Romo, in his final season, accounted for about 14% of the total cap

he also had 11m dead money in 17 and 9m dead money in 2018

Sydla

Reaction score
LOL. I was waiting to see who would play the race card first.