Stephen A. Smith: Dak is worth $40 mil/season

Joe Realist

No Kool-Aid here!
Reaction score
He is saying that so dak thinks it, asks for it, and brews the cowboys over capwise, while he cheers for his giants.

ESisback

Reaction score
I'd say it worked. Can't mention a player making good money (even hypothetically) without some people getting "miffed."

It’s a sore subject with many—good, hardworking Joes making dirt, seeing entitled, ungrateful, sometimes borderline criminal idiots making WAY too much money playing ball, being defended daily by some smug, screaming, race baiting awesome person. Yeah, there are a lot of great guys playing ball that work hard, it’s a game meant to be fun, and we all know SOME of what SAS says has some truth to it, but come on! Why are some people defending this guy? Yeah, he likes most of the players and holds no grudges against the Cowboys—he probably laughs with Jerry about it over drinks— and there ARE a lot of annoying Cowboy fans that deserve it. But to pretend he’s not “triggering” a giant fan base of great people for ratings is denial. To deny that many times he uses racist comments to incite for profit actually strengthens the divide.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Suddenly y'all care about what SAS says......

Because it sheds Dak in a potentially bad light... :rolleyes:

As many times as you've brushed away anything I've posted from SAS?

Hypocrisy at its finest.

ESisback

Reaction score
It doesn't matter if you disagree you're just wrong on this one lol. How does anything you posted have to do with this exact topic not some overall history?

It has EVERYTHING to do with it! He’s throwing out misinformation to A)incite for ratings, and B)plant a seed that has the potential (he hopes) to wreck the Cowboys’ cap down the road. For Jerry and the Cowboys to make nice with SAS and his ilk kinda reminds me of our government making nice with countries that hate us like Iraq and Iran. But that’s another story for another time!

Blue&Silver

Reaction score
I think he's in the 60m 4 to 6 year contract area. Above that I would let him go into free agency.

dogunwo

Franchise Tagged
Reaction score
Stephen A obviously likes Dak as he never cared about Romo before. Is it because of his play or something else?
Thats not fair. Its also ridiculous considering his favorite QB in the league by far is Aaron Rodgers. You are quick to cry about others using the race card, don't do it here. Nor is it funny.

blueblood70

Reaction score
his point was if yr two for JG, when Daks contract comes due, he will be earling 37mil if JG is worth 37 than Dak is worth 40..thats just plain sarcasm I watched that live yesterday..hes right in the fact that JG has played like 8 games in this league and got that kind of money than others should be worth more.. you realize that JG may have helped SF turn things around late in the season going 5-1 or whatever but he threw 7 Tds and 6ints in those games umm that aint great by any stretch..stay tuned. Dak will get around 25-27 and thats what hes worth given the top 10 qbs avg pay..

dogunwo

Franchise Tagged
Reaction score
I'm not sure how he has a job, honestly. I don't think he's ever actually been right about anything
He was right when he reported that LeBron was going to Miami. I get that you hate him, but don't use hyperbole.

dogunwo

Franchise Tagged
Reaction score
Why would I be jealous of someone who is a complete, utter, and astonishingly blithering idiot? He's a moron. Literally everything he says has been proven wrong at all times
Its ok to not like him because you think his opinions are wrong or inflammatory. But none of this is true right here.

dogunwo

Franchise Tagged
Reaction score
Disagree! He insinuates, he implies—I’ve heard it too many times. He comes on looking like the elf from Bad Santa, doing his Jesse Jackson routine, spit flying, arrogantly croaking about “an accident waiting to happen”. He stirs people up, which means rating$, and that’s ALL they care about. Max Kellerman isn’t much better—an ultra liberal, know-it-all Giant homer. Turn the channel, and you’ve got Skippy and Horseface. You’re better off watching GSN or reruns of Scrubs, that’s how bad it is!
Yet, you've kept watching, or you watched it enough to claim "too many times". Why is it some big mystery to people why ESPN keeps him employed?

Doomsday101

Reaction score
For me I am not even thinking about Dak contract. He is not a FA until 2020 and in the meantime he is a young QB who is still developing, I want to see how he rebounds from the 2017 season as he continues to work on improving.