Twitter: Stephen confirms contacting Dolphins about Minkah Fitzpatrick

DanA

Reaction score
Would you (fans here) do this trade:

Taco and our 1st

for

Minkah and their 2nd

?

Hell yes. I think they finish dead last while we’re a playoff team. That’s the equivalent of a 7th-3rd rounder (on the trade value chart) depending on where we finish (plus Taco).

Last year Seattle traded pick 30 (late 1st) for 37 (high 2nd) + a 4th and 5th. That’s the type of move we’d be making.

Last edited:

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
It was the opposite with Cooper, at least for me.

I didn't take the initial rumors are suggestions seriously and then boom, they made the trade.

They spent the weekend reviewing all aspects of Cooper and the ramifications of a trade and then told the Raiders on a Monday they wanted to do a deal.

The MFitz talk should either fade or ramp up next Monday...
The Cowboys when they do make a deal are relatively quiet and it happens quickly.

The fact that Stephen Jones actually talked about it now tells me that it is already dead in the water.

When trades happen, you usually don't see a GM/whatever Stephen is, go on the radio and say "Yeah" in response to the trade question and then it actually happens.

85Cowboy85

Reaction score
The Dolphins will ask for the moon. What they will really take is another story.

If the Cowboys are involved it could either drive other teams away if they assume the Cowboys will out bid them or it could drive some team like the Eagles to over-pay to keep the player away from the Cowboys.

I just don't think the Dolphins are actually looking to sell. I see this as more of a "if you blow us away with your offer we might trade him" situation.

TheFinisher

Reaction score
I'd move a 1 for him:

1. Win now mode.
  2. Cap charges are pennies once he's traded, and you control the rights for 4 seasons.
  3. Allows the team to let Byron walk.
  4. You're not finding a better DB late 1st.
It's a win all around, no brainer for me.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
The Cowboys when they do make a deal are relatively quiet and it happens quickly.

The fact that Stephen Jones actually talked about it now tells me that it is already dead in the water.

When trades happen, you usually don't see a GM/whatever Stephen is, go on the radio and say "Yeah" in response to the trade question and then it actually happens.

You’re absolutely correct. No way Stephen says a word if talks are ongoing but there’s another reason this isn’t happening that everyone seems to have overlooked. It’s the same agent for both players and there’s no way in hell any agent is working a deal to send one of their clients to Miami right now, especially if the deal is to get one of their other clients out of Miami. If he did that, not only would he lose Taco as a client but he might find he is clientless very shortly.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
You’re absolutely correct. No way Stephen says a word if talks are ongoing but there’s another reason this isn’t happening that everyone seems to have overlooked. It’s the same agent for both players and there’s no way in hell any agent is working a deal to send one of their clients to Miami right now, especially if the deal is to get one of their other clients out of Miami. If he did that, not only would he lose Taco as a client but he might find he is clientless very shortly.

Taco's career is hanging by a thread. He needs to go somewhere he can actually play. He's in no position to be demanding certain teams. If I'm the agent he can fire me. No one is lining up to sign Taco to a new contract.

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
He's probably not better than Xavier Woods right now. They're both slot corner/FS types. He has more size than Woods but not better instincts. It would give us two similar players in the secondary. Still probably an improvement over what we have but nothing that would put us over the top like an elite DT would.

Gaede

Reaction score
Taco's career is hanging by a thread. He needs to go somewhere he can actually play. He's in no position to be demanding certain teams. If I'm the agent he can fire me. No one is lining up to sign Taco to a new contract.

Yeah, something tells me the agent would prioritize Minkah over Taco and not think twice

CWR

Reaction score
Can we scoop up OJ Howard while we're at it since Arians doesn't seem to want him involved?

cern

Reaction score
If the phins want a first round pick, it won't happen. Cooper was worth it. But not a safety.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Taco probably wants to be the top dog on a sinking ship instead of an afterthought on a good team.

Some Hollywood actors choose to be the lead in B movies instead of a character actor or supporting actor in big budget movies.

Madzo

The Gunshow
Reaction score
Why are the Dolphins letting an 11th pick go? Taco syndrome?
Owner Stephen Ross wanted to trade down to acquire more picks and draft Lamar Jackson. GM Chris Grier wanted Fitzpatrick. It was a rocky start from the beginning.
The coaching staff also had no idea how to use him, they played him in different positions including LB which he's not suited for. Fitzpatrick got tired of the dolphins mishandling him and quite frankly doesn't want to be on a team that wants to tank so he requested a trade. But to simplify why they want to let him go, it's because Ross the Owner was never a Fitzpatrick guy.

ActualCowboysFan

Reaction score
I wonder if Jones would be a decent fallback option. I think Minkah would be a great add but if they're giving people away Jones could be an upgrade from Heath for cheap depending on compensation

DanA

Reaction score
Taco doesn’t get a choice. He doesn’t have a no trade clause.