Twitter: Stephen confirms contacting Dolphins about Minkah Fitzpatrick

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
I only hope the Jones boys don't micromanage themselves into a bad situation/player as they've been known to do, especially just when we're starting to roll. I've never heard of this guy and also wonder why the Dolphins want to ditch him.
The Dolphins are shedding payroll and blowing up the whole team. It is not that there is anything wrong with Fitzpatrick. He is the one who is demanding to get off of a tanking team.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm sure the Cowboys were just one of many teams that contacted the Dolphins.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
He is a CB, does Dallas want to add another one? If you are looking for that Safety, might be disappointed.

Bizwah

Reaction score
I'm sure the Cowboys were just one of many teams that contacted the Dolphins.
My sentiments...

Fans need to be careful to not read too much into this. I'm sure we've had talks... just like everyone else.

It would be a big time move if we could swing it. But I think the price is going to be too high.

JIMMYBUFFETT

Skinwalker
Reaction score
I saw Dolphins are looking for a 1st rd pick, no way do I think Dallas should give up a 1st or 2nd for Fitzpatrick

Man I would. Dallas is probably picking late in the first (at least we hope). Fitzpatrick was what the 11th overall pick? The kid was all world at the Star position for Alabama. I know people keep saying Miami didn't know how to use him, but that's exactly what he did at Alabama. Everything. He was a big slot with great coverage skills and a downhill tackler. He also was known for a high football IQ and played early and often for the Tide. He played nickel, CB, Sam, and safety at various times and did it well. I'm not into giving up sill stuff like proven players in B. Jones or J. Lewis, but a pick and a Taco would certainly be worth entertaining. Dallas has some tough decisions to make at CB in 2020 and Fitzpatrick might help clear that up. I honestly think he could play any position in the secondary. He had 9 interceptions for the Tide and 6 of those came from the safety position.