Twitter: Stephen confirms contacting Dolphins about Minkah Fitzpatrick

Q_the_man

Reaction score
Miami will have no urgency to move the guy...and will ask for the moon.

Could also be a bidding war... I've been hearing the Saints, Chiefs, Eagles and Steelers are interested and I'm sure there'd be other teams.
I've looked everywhere on these teams site and a few message boards and I heard nothing about them looking at him. lol. where you here those teams from since it's been roughly 40 minutes since the announcement they are looking to trade him.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Dolphins need to tell Minkak to pack an extra big suitcase when the Dolphins travel to Texas in week 3 because he is staying with us. Not for a first unless they will settle for Taco as a first, that's what we gave up for him.
You figure they would trade him to us before the game so he can share their playbook and signals, since they are trying to tank!! Lol!

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Man I would. Dallas is probably picking late in the first (at least we hope). Fitzpatrick was what the 11th overall pick? The kid was all world at the Star position for Alabama. I know people keep saying Miami didn't know how to use him, but that's exactly what he did at Alabama. Everything. He was a big slot with great coverage skills and a downhill tackler. He also was known for a high football IQ and played early and often for the Tide. He played nickel, CB, Sam, and safety at various times and did it well. I'm not into giving up sill stuff like proven players in B. Jones or J. Lewis, but a pick and a Taco would certainly be worth entertaining. Dallas has some tough decisions to make at CB in 2020 and Fitzpatrick might help clear that up. I honestly think he could play any position in the secondary. He had 9 interceptions for the Tide and 6 of those came from the safety position.

It's the Amari Cooper argument all over again. Gil Brandt mentioned there was not a WR available in the 1st round who was going to be as good as Amari. He ended up being right. Marquis Brown (fast but small) and N'Keal Harry were the only two WR's that went in the first round.

Is Minkah better than any safety we could draft in 2020? Grant Delpit (LSU) is a game changer, but he's going top 8. Are we drafting top 8? Probably not. I'm intrigued by guys like Xavier McKinney (Alabama), Brandon Jones (Texas), and Alohi Gilman (Notre Dame) but would not rank them ahead of the 22-year old Fitzpatrtick.

Last edited:

McKDaddy

Reaction score
The kid was all world at the Star position for Alabama

Many draftniks & myself thought he was the cleanest player in the draft. "Clean" meaning excellent tape, production, leadership, work ethic and no off the field flags.

I remember watching video of Saban talking about the kid & he had nothing but high praise for him. I "think" he even went so far as to say he never yelled at him because the kid was already telling him how he messed up & what he would do to correct it before he could even start. That's pretty stout.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
The Dolphins are getting a first round pick for Fitzpatrick. The Eagles and Ravens are also interested.

ActualCowboysFan

Reaction score
This move would be for next year as much as this one I think. Would really set them up in the secondary.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
The Dolphins are getting a first round pick for Fitzpatrick. The Eagles and Ravens are also interested.
There are reports they may go down to even a second round pick. Not that it matters as far as Dallas is concerned.

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
Just read he grew up a Birds fan so they might have the edge if things are equal. Unless Miami is pissed at him and send him to a team that was not his 1st choice.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
This move would be for next year as much as this one I think. Would really set them up in the secondary.
Any second year first rounder that can play is extremely valuable. You get the contract and the option year. It makes incredible sense for any contender that may need a good versatile DB.

EGTuna

Reaction score
Tunsil garnered 2 firsts. Fitpatrick isn't being had for less than a 1st. If I were Dallas, I would absolutely offer a 1st and 4th. He's better than anyone that will be available when they draft in 2020 (unless the wheels come off), and Fitz still has this year and then 2+1 years left on his rookie deal (the 1 being the 5th year option). Woods and Fitzpatrick is an immediate upgrade. Heath can be a part-time player and dedicated fully to ST. Wilson can develop. There'd be no reason not to do this if the asking prices is <1 1st+3rd.

This is Our Year

Ohama, Kill, 52 is the Mike
Reaction score
Trust me, I’m at the front of the line thinking we’re a safety and being healthy from having as good a roster as anyone in the NFL; but hasn’t Fitzpatrick been considered a bust to this point?

A 1st round pick would be nuts.

To me his best position is in the nickel covering the slot playing CB.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
Trust me, I’m at the front of the line thinking we’re a safety and being healthy from having as good a roster as anyone in the NFL; but hasn’t Fitzpatrick been considered a bust to this point?

A 1st round pick would be nuts.

To me his best position is in the nickel covering the slot playing CB.

I agree. No way would I trade a 1st rd or 2nd rd pick for him. He hasn't even played well from what I heard.
I will give them Taco, Frazier, and a 5th or 6th. Take it or leave it.

garyo1954

Reaction score
I don't think Miami necessarily wants to trade him but if some team is wiling to break the bank for him like the Tunsil trade then they'd probably move him, otherwise they won't move him...

That's the answer. Miami didn't say he's on the block. They gave him permission to find a trade partner for them. Sorta Melvin Gordon and the Chargers.

The Chargers said, "Yeah, go for it Mel!"
A month later he's still looking for that team who wants to pay a ransom for him.

Fitzpatrick is a slightly better deal. He's playing and not complaining about money. But the terms are the same, "Bring us what we want and we'll let you walk."