Twitter: Stephen Jones admits they would have reached for a cornerback had Horn or Surtain been there

kskboys

Reaction score
Injuries, suspensions, players not studying and putting in the work, young players happy with getting paid and slacking, players not growing, tipped balls, fumbles, stupid plays, coaches’ brain farts, etc. Some things just can’t be predicted.

Is it the Gm’s fault for what QB Watson allegedly did?

The navy puts everything on the captain. If the ship goes aground, doesn’t matter why. Captain gets relieved. Not close to being fair. Even the navy is moving away from that.
If you pay attention to who you're drafting and all the intangibles, then yes, it is on the GM. LVE, Jaylon, Gregory, Tyron, DLaw, Zeke, all of their travails were easy to see coming.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
If you pay attention to who you're drafting and all the intangibles, then yes, it is on the GM. LVE, Jaylon, Gregory, Tyron, DLaw, Zeke, all of their travails were easy to see coming.

All of those players have talent. The fans were on board with the picks and the second contracts. Those players all produced. You can argue about contract money but Jerry paid market price.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
That is not the case here. Who are the flakes?
That’s a broad stroke description I had hoped would be self explainable . Perhaps a better description is needed.

But the “ flakes” would be those risk who haven’t met expectations and or higher picks which didn’t meet potential.

All of which could be considered as contributors for not meeting the team goals which ultimately is on the person or persons assembling the group.

Last edited:

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
That’s a broad stroke description I had hoped would he self explainable . Perhaps a better description is needed.

But the “ flakes” would be those risk who haven’t met expectations and or higher picks which didn’t meet potential.

All of which could be considered as contributors for not meeting the team goals which ultimately is on the person or persons assembling the group.

Who specifically are the flakes? And just who’s expectations are not being met? Your unrealistic expectations? And just who’s level of potential is not being met?

You get to set the bar and grade in hindsight? Great gig. How do I get that job?

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Maybe so but I expect Parsons to have more impact on games than Byron Jones ever will. Few CBs will be more impactful than Parsons on my opinion.

When Byron Jones takes away a guy like Michael Thomas all game it will be hard for Parsons to be better than that and he will have to do it by hitting the QB.

If he doesn’t provide anything against the pass whether it be rushing the QB or cover then it was a horrible pick.

What he does when the other team is throwing will prove his worth.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Who specifically are the flakes? And just who’s expectations are not being met? Your unrealistic expectations? And just who’s level of potential is not being met?

You get to set the bar and grade in hindsight? Great gig. How do I get that job?
How would rate the achievements this era ? Do you feel we’ve met the team goals set forth. Have we met or under achieved ?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Do we actually have fans who believe this franchise has been successful on the football field this era?

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
When Byron Jones takes away a guy like Michael Thomas all game it will be hard for Parsons to be better than that and he will have to do it by hitting the QB.

If he doesn’t provide anything against the pass whether it be rushing the QB or cover then it was a horrible pick.

What he does when the other team is throwing will prove his worth.

Take away the slant and Thomas is nothing :)

I think Parsons will have more INTs than Jones. Parsons can cover and match up with players like Pitts better.

Parsons gives pass rush ability along with covering TEs and RBs. Who’s covering Kamara in the flat?

Parsons will be doing a lot. Jones will be matching up on the teams’ #2 WR.

eromeopolk

Reaction score
They were not going to pass on Parsons. I said he was the best D player in the draft and would have more impact than a CB +10-15 yds from the action. Parsons will make more impact plays than Surtain and Horn combined.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Injuries, suspensions, players not studying and putting in the work, young players happy with getting paid and slacking, players not growing, tipped balls, fumbles, stupid plays, coaches’ brain farts, etc. Some things just can’t be predicted.

Is it the Gm’s fault for what QB Watson allegedly did?

The navy puts everything on the captain. If the ship goes aground, doesn’t matter why. Captain gets relieved. Not close to being fair. Even the navy is moving away from that.

These excuses work for a season or two here and there, but 25?

come on man. The excuses only work for so long. Sooner or later the buck has to stop. The buck stops with the GM and his son who run the team.

kskboys

Reaction score
All of those players have talent. The fans were on board with the picks and the second contracts. Those players all produced. You can argue about contract money but Jerry paid market price.
No, the fans were not.

There's your disconnect. There's more to it than just picking talent.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
No, the fans were not.

There's your disconnect. There's more to it than just picking talent.
I guess he’s missed all of these discussions over the years on players contracts. This guy is a special kind of Homer . A Jethro sympathizer. Lol

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
I guess he’s missed all of these discussions over the years on players contracts. This guy is a special kind of Homer . A Jethro sympathizer. Lol

How many posters here wanted to pay Romo, Dak and Elliott and Lawrence and Jaylon and others? The majority here. You did not notice the cult of Dak here? The clowns who said just pay da man when Elliott was in Cabo?

Jerry gave the fans what they wanted.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
How many posters here wanted to pay Romo, Dak and Elliott and Lawrence and Jaylon and others? The majority here. You did not notice the cult of Dak here? The clowns who said just pay da man when Elliott was in Cabo?

Jerry gave the fans what they wanted.
I’m not sure where you were but it’s definitely not how I’d describe the vibe on this forum during any of that.

I think you must be confused by a vocal minority as most pushed back.