News: Stephen Jones: "Goal is to get Dak signed by week 1"

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I give your post #67 a 9.5 out of 10 in common sense. But this post, although makes sense, it's not how Jerry works. Making him play out the season is most likely losing him to FA. They didn't sign him before free agency because what were they going to do with all of the cap space it creates?
Oh I get that it's not how he works...just what I felt would have been the correct course. I think the beginning half of the schedule sets up nicely for them to evaluate whether they want to move on or re-sign him.

cowboys5xsbs

Reaction score
Horrible take.

Lance has nothing to do with Dak chasing money in free agency.
It has alot to do with it. Jerry tried a hail mary and it blew up in his face. We have no QB behind Dak now. What's the option going into QB purgatory? Jerry gambled and lost.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
its just gut feeling that what they are TRYING to do.. will it unfold that way, meh i don't know. Stay tuned never a dull moment at the star.

No different than Ayuke and Trent brown, yet far less talked about its not DC related =less news converge.
I’ve been saying the same thing. Just makes sense. Get the season started right.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I’ve been saying the same thing. Just makes sense. Get the season started right.
Like I said it's just a gut feeling it doesn't make it true.. I do wish Jerry would just get this done so we can stop talking about it I'm getting tired head from it...lol literally getting migraines

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
From my side of the fence, I think not extending him and making him play out this season was always the smart move. Informing him he would not be the starter and forcing his hand to drop the NTC or lose a year of his career on the sideline would have been diabolical, but a smarter move so they'd get picks. However, IF their plan was to re-sign him all along, then the depth of their incompetence in not getting it done prior to free agency would crush a submarine like an empty tin can.
.Jerry gave Dak all the leverage in his last contract and they didn't make serious plans to replace him. The reason this has gone on so long is Dak doesn't care if he's a Cowboy or not. He knows he's going to get his money somewhere.And I don't think he's budging off his price much. Its all the ownerships fault we're in this mess.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
.Jerry gave Dak all the leverage in his last contract and they didn't make serious plans to replace him. The reason this has gone on so long is Dak doesn't care if he's a Cowboy or not. He knows he's going to get his money somewhere.And I don't think he's budging off his price much. Its all the ownerships fault we're in this mess.
If Dak doesn't get the money he's looking for from jerry, he certainly won't get it from any other team.

If Dak was 28, and had actually done anything in the playoffs, then he would get paid. But he's old and has the worst playoff QB record in NFL history.

What team in their right mind, other than the JonesBoys, would destroy their next 5 years for Dak?

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
I'm not talking about his pocket awareness. He's very good from the pocket in almost all situations. I mean big pressure games. Or situations during a game when we're not starting out well. He doesn't respond well. Can we mount a final last second drive? But I'll admit it is very hard to tell if it's QB, team, or a combo of both.
The pressure is different in the regular season than the playoffs. Those deer in the headlight looks aren't leaving. They are panic attacks. I know that look. I've had them.

btgboys41

Reaction score
All the sports networks are talking about contract issues with Dak and Cee Dee. Jerry loves any kind of attention.
Totally agree. It’s why the contract is coming for both. Since the season is just about here, the football will garner the headlines. The Joneses were just staying high off the media fumes while offseason was playing out.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
If Dak doesn't get the money he's looking for from jerry, he certainly won't get it from any other team.

If Dak was 28, and had actually done anything in the playoffs, then he would get paid. But he's old and has the worst playoff QB record in NFL history.

What team in their right mind, other than the JonesBoys, would destroy their next 5 years for Dak?
There are plenty of idiots around the league. Couldn't believe Carson Wentz kept getting chances. He might not go to a contender but he will get his money.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
You do a horrible job.

I can’t post without seeing you in my inbox.

Marathon is jealous if you can’t tell.
Why can’t you direct him without bringing me up or vice versa? First you are stalking me and monitoring my likes and now you’re thinking about me while talking to someone else…is there something you want to tell us? It’s a judge free zone.