Twitter: Stephen Jones hinting Gerald McCoy return?

exciter

Reaction score
His injury wasn’t a career ending injury and you can structure a contract that protects you
His contract was voided last year because of the structure
And player in camp can have a season ending injury and the risks with him or really no greater than any other player. McCoy has always been a very durable player
He’ll be 33, has been declining for years and has an aversion to playing the run. As stated he’s the epitome of why you avoid FA players over 30!

conner01

Reaction score
He’ll be 33, has been declining for years and has an aversion to playing the run. As stated he’s the epitome of why you avoid FA players over 30!
No ones talking about signing him to a long term deal
A one year deal has little risk and his declining years are better than all of our DT’s combined

exciter

Reaction score
No ones talking about signing him to a long term deal
A one year deal has little risk and his declining years are better than all of our DT’s combined
Even a one year deal is a waste on a player who’s done. At this point even Crawford is a better. He at least managed 2 sacks this season. McCoy is just another Poe and Griffin, someone to try and pawn off on someone else halfway through the season when they fail!

conner01

Reaction score
Even a one year deal is a waste on a player who’s done. At this point even Crawford is a better. He at least managed 2 sacks this season. McCoy is just another Poe and Griffin, someone to try and pawn off on someone else halfway through the season when they fail!
McCoy had 5 sacks and 13 QB hits his last year
Crawford hasn’t had 5 sacks in his last 19 games
And he won’t be here next year anyway

exciter

Reaction score
McCoy had 5 sacks and 13 QB hits his last year
Crawford hasn’t had 5 sacks in his last 19 games
And he won’t be here next year anyway
McCoy didn’t have any this year. If we’re lucky neither will be here next year. Will just be taking quality snaps from Galimore!

conner01

Reaction score
McCoy didn’t have any this year. If we’re lucky neither will be here next year. Will just be taking quality snaps from Galimore!
Even with Gallimore we need DT’s
One big need is a one who can stop the run and hopefully we can get one in this draft

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
and you are nothing but fan behind a keyboard with far less experience and zero influence. Your opinion has less bite then what the FO decsions carry. Sorry man but stay in your lane unless you can post resume of you extensive NFL GM experience or well even the jock strap cleaner on a clubs payroll that overhears stuff and makes you a better judge of players then a real franchise....let us know..

until then ill trust FO over fans opinions any day

Next time before going off on your rant, that BTW I've used many times before about no NFL experience, you should go back and find out what a discussion is about and not assume what it is. What you jumped in on was a discussion about a TV show not the Cowboys or the NFL.

exciter

Reaction score
Even with Gallimore we need DT’s
One big need is a one who can stop the run and hopefully we can get one in this draft
Right! It’s past time they make a reasonable investment in both DT positions in the draft. If it doesn’t fall they’re way then maybe look at McCoy and his ilk but I don’t want them even sniffing at him prior because history has shown they go cheap if given the opportunity.

conner01

Reaction score
Right! It’s past time they make a reasonable investment in both DT positions in the draft. If it doesn’t fall they’re way then maybe look at McCoy and his ilk but I don’t want them even sniffing at him prior because history has shown they go cheap if given the opportunity.
I get that but this draft doesn’t appear to be a great DT draft to me
Some good but few great prospects
But we need to add a couple CB, a DT or two and safety along with LB depth
All that’s not gonna come from the draft I don’t think

exciter

Reaction score
I get that but this draft doesn’t appear to be a great DT draft to me
Some good but few great prospects
But we need to add a couple CB, a DT or two and safety along with LB depth
All that’s not gonna come from the draft I don’t think
I’d settle for a pick in the first 3 rounds that’s not some hair brained kid that couldn’t start on his own team nor get along with the coaches. Don’t care that there’s not a lot of them determine which one’s you think are good and get one!

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
I know bruh but you gotta go by your board and BPA. If it’s a 1T, 3T, TE whatever.

There seem to be the couple massive defensive tackles rated around middle early second round. I would gladly take one.

My draft analysis is still very facile as I refuse to watch NCAA Athletics until the players get paid. Thank goodness that is finally changing.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
I’d settle for a pick in the first 3 rounds that’s not some hair brained kid that couldn’t start on his own team nor get along with the coaches. Don’t care that there’s not a lot of them determine which one’s you think are good and get one!

Need to let it go man. he was a project and probably shouldn't have been drafted in the second round but he's here now and he has gotten better each year.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I believe they kept McCoy around the team after they cut him. I forget in what capacity though.