Twitter: Stephen Jones interview on CD, Dak & Micah contract negotiations

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
lol I guessed wrong. Does that mean I can never be right about anything ever again? Holding that random poll as scripture is funny.

Pretending you're always right about everything will get you nowhere. Should we go back to your past opinions on... record predictions? Dak never being considered for MVP or All-Pro? Dak being top 10?

Everyone is wrong about something at some point so... relax my guy.
You’re not going to be right about this one, bro.

If they wanted Dak he’d be signed right now.

He’s gone.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Hot air in Stevies case, costs nothing. Archer said yesterday on G Bag if the QBs contract isnt done before they leave Oxnard, he felt Dak would become a FA.
Just an opinion, hyperbole a deal could be made all the way up till March 2025, so as much as we can get our feelings in here and everyone's all opinionated trying to make a guess..

I think as much as we want to give all the Jones family and organization a problem this happens all over the NFL and like you said they're getting to a point where negotiations are going to move forward a bit but it takes all three parties dude seriously we talk about this all the time and it gets old having to keep saying the same thing over and over lamb held this up his agents held this up.. they were waiting for all the other big time wide receivers not number twos or average number ones they were waiting for Justin Jefferson to get paid but there are guys out there on other teams like Brandon aiuke and jamar chase and some others coming down the road that are not under contract you got guys like tua who turned down 50 million this is not all on the front office this is agents I thought yours holding the process up because they're UN-willing to negotiate from a realistic starting point..

Don't get it twisted we saw Chris Jones last year all the way up till a week before the season started was holding out and they got his deal done that could happen here but we're waiting on Prescott that's the problem so yes we got to find out between now and game one if they feel comfortable signing Prescott for whatever his demands are then lamb immediately after will probably get signed hell they probably already got a contract like 3 versions of it sitting there but they're waiting to see if it's worth signing any of these other guys because without us starting quarterback and putting us in limbo the next three to 10 years looking for the next good quarterback I think they're going to trade everyone 2025 we will either be having Prescott lamb gigs and Parsons Martin and tank on this team or none of them will be on this team and this is going to be a year where they let a guy like Trey Lance start the entire year probably have a bad year get into the top five and start rebuilding this team for 2026...​

The big chip must fall that would be Prescott's contract or we're gonna see a very different team moving forward that's where I see it but coming out of camp that's ridiculous you can sign the guy all the way up till the beginning of the season and not want to have negotiations during the season but I don't think there's a rule you can sign him at any time....

blueblood70

Reaction score
Honest offers for everyone!!!
Yeah you know what wrong thread dude this has never been an issue signing our own players as a matter of fact they usually overpay our own players he's right they're all facts up in there not that I'm trying to defend the Jones family there's a lot of big contracts coming up and negotiations are being held up by the other two parties that would be the agent and the player with realistic versus unrealistic demands they gotta find a starting spot but it all starts with Prescott but don't say they don't offer guys big money they've overpaid just about every one of our own home gun buyers all the way back to the 90s they never had a problem signing their own players...

that ridiculous narrative is from the free agent market it's never been a problem with their own guys I mean look at how much Ezekiel Elliott got Prescott basically got everything he ever wanted in his last deal don't tell me that guys like Dez didn't get paid or Romo or anyone else on this team they all got paid matter of fact they just re up Martin in the offseason and probably shouldn't have that have been the one you should have put your foot down the guy saying this might be his last year...

88sAndHeartbreak

Reaction score
You’re not going to be right about this one, bro.

If they wanted Dak he’d be signed right now.

He’s gone.
So does that stand for other players or just Dak? If so, why just him?

Since there are alot of players currently negotiating extensions with their teams around the league.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
It’s really simple. If Dak wants to be the highest paid player in the league, he won’t be a Cowboy after next season. If he takes a long term contract that the Cowboys can spread the money out longer he will remain the quarterback here for a long time. The ball is in Dak’s corner.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
So does that stand for other players or just Dak? If so, why just him?

Since there are alot of players currently negotiating extensions with their teams around the league.
Dak fooled Jerry once. He got his money and failed to deliver anything more than a Wild Card win against an 8-9 team.

That’s it.

That’s what Dak gave Jerry for his contract.

Jerry’s is a business man first. He’s not going to allow you to burn him twice.

I challenge you to name 3 players that have ever gotten a lucrative 3rd contract from Jerry after failing to live up to the lucrative 2nd contract.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
It’s really simple. If Dak wants to be the highest paid player in the league, he won’t be a Cowboy after next season. If he takes a long term contract that the Cowboys can spread the money out longer he will remain the quarterback here for a long time. The ball is in Dak’s corner.
The ball is in the court of the owners.

If Dak isn’t offered a contract Dak won’t be playing football.

Yes, that’s unrealistic, but to think Dak has any “leverage” here is insane.

The person looking for a job doesn’t have leverage over the person hiring for the job. Everyone is replaceable and much, much, much better QBs than Dak have been replaced.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
You willing to not post here again if they sign him? You sound pretty confident.
About as confident as you with Zeke having a 1,000 yard season a couple years ago?

Dudes not had a 1,000 yard season since you confidently proclaimed he would and I didn’t know what I was talking about lolololololol

Stay wrong, bro.

P.S. I’ll be here with or without Dak. I’m a Cowboys fan.Your fellow Dak over Dallas fans are the ones that will be gone (some already left).

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score

phildadon86

Reaction score
About as confident as you with Zeke having a 1,000 yard season a couple years ago?

Dudes not had a 1,000 yard season since you confidently proclaimed he would and I didn’t know what I was talking about lolololololol

Stay wrong, bro.

P.S. I’ll be here with or without Dak. I’m a Cowboys fan.Your fellow Dak over Dallas fans are the ones that will be gone (some already left).
LOL. You love bringing up the times I was wrong.

But never admit or talk about ALLLLLL of the times you have been wrong.

Stay losing bro. You are the Dak over Dallas fan. Its all you talk about.

TROLL!

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Of course, they're waiting to sign Dak. The minute training camp starts and let's say, Lance looks better than Dak.

Dak's dollar figure will drop exponentially, LOL.

88sAndHeartbreak

Reaction score
Dak fooled Jerry once. He got his money and failed to deliver anything more than a Wild Card win against an 8-9 team.

That’s it.

That’s what Dak gave Jerry for his contract.

Jerry’s is a business man first. He’s not going to allow you to burn him twice.

I challenge you to name 3 players that have ever gotten a lucrative 3rd contract from Jerry after failing to live up to the lucrative 2nd contract.
You dont answer question's when they're asked of you, why should anyone answer anything you ask of them?

Also...

This would be Dak's second "lucrative" long term contract. Unless you consider his rookie contract (4 year $2.7M) "lucrative".

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
You dont answer question's when they're asked of you, why should anyone answer anything you ask of them?

Also...

This would be Dak's second "lucrative" long term contract. Unless you consider his rookie contract (4 year $2.7M) "lucrative".
I think you misread what I said.

By “2nd lucrative contract” I meant his 2nd contract in general being a lucrative one.

Nobody claimed the 1st contract was lucrative.

I didn’t think I’d have to explain that, but some will jump through hoops to avoid questions I suppose.

Qcard

Reaction score
Sounds like they are trying but who knows...

Where can I buy the dog whistle that translates the above tweets from EVP Stephen into Prescott is gone, CeeDee Lamb doesn't care who plays QB and Micah Parson's will interview the Cap on his podcast...

Dak Haters let me know.... :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

88sAndHeartbreak

Reaction score
I think you misread what I said.

By “2nd lucrative contract” I meant his 2nd contract in general being a lucrative one.

Nobody claimed the 1st contract was lucrative.

I didn’t think I’d have to explain that, but some will jump through hoops to avoid questions I suppose.
So you never answer my questions, then turn around and say Im trying to avoid answering yours.... makes sense lol.

youngjerryjones

Reaction score
Just an opinion, hyperbole a deal could be made all the way up till March 2025, so as much as we can get our feelings in here and everyone's all opinionated trying to make a guess..

I think as much as we want to give all the Jones family and organization a problem this happens all over the NFL and like you said they're getting to a point where negotiations are going to move forward a bit but it takes all three parties dude seriously we talk about this all the time and it gets old having to keep saying the same thing over and over lamb held this up his agents held this up.. they were waiting for all the other big time wide receivers not number twos or average number ones they were waiting for Justin Jefferson to get paid but there are guys out there on other teams like Brandon aiuke and jamar chase and some others coming down the road that are not under contract you got guys like tua who turned down 50 million this is not all on the front office this is agents I thought yours holding the process up because they're UN-willing to negotiate from a realistic starting point..

Don't get it twisted we saw Chris Jones last year all the way up till a week before the season started was holding out and they got his deal done that could happen here but we're waiting on Prescott that's the problem so yes we got to find out between now and game one if they feel comfortable signing Prescott for whatever his demands are then lamb immediately after will probably get signed hell they probably already got a contract like 3 versions of it sitting there but they're waiting to see if it's worth signing any of these other guys because without us starting quarterback and putting us in limbo the next three to 10 years looking for the next good quarterback I think they're going to trade everyone 2025 we will either be having Prescott lamb gigs and Parsons Martin and tank on this team or none of them will be on this team and this is going to be a year where they let a guy like Trey Lance start the entire year probably have a bad year get into the top five and start rebuilding this team for 2026...​

The big chip must fall that would be Prescott's contract or we're gonna see a very different team moving forward that's where I see it but coming out of camp that's ridiculous you can sign the guy all the way up till the beginning of the season and not want to have negotiations during the season but I don't think there's a rule you can sign him at any time....
no way they let drafted players go

Dallas Cowboys are draft and develop - they show their players if they play well they earn their second contract.

Nothing changes here, Ceedee fits this category. What you guys are failing to realize is that Dakky Poo is on his 3rd contract, will be turning 32 and one of the oldest starting QBs in the NFL - he is not ARod so relax when you start comparisons, with ARod we would be a NFCCG lock - that’s the difference when you are rocking with a QB that old.

You think any team is thinking if they trade for Dak like LA did Stafford they are winning a ring? no, bc Dakky Poo is not that guy.

Ceedee, Micah and Bland will all have their second contract paid. Trey lance was also a ‘draft’ pick that will have his chance to earn his due in a month.