Twitter: Stephen Jones offered D.Lawrence 1year 10M

kskboys

Reaction score
It's amazing how much nfl fans side with management lol. You think Stephen going to go out and splurge the savings elsewhere? He's shown he's only interested in Tier 3 free agents. Let me have Tank and Gregory over those guys.
He has to. Salary cap minimum. You really don't understand how this works, do you?

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score

A lot of us here have been clamoring for a real experienced professional GM, based on the toxic entitled culture Jerry has created.
Now as details of these botched contract negotiations are coming out we can see that Jerry and Stephen really don't know how to run this team and it's scary.
I don't see how the Cowboys are ever going to have any significant success with the current front office set up.

kevm3

Reaction score
Maybe Stephen didn't offer more because lawrence isn't worth more?

He obviously is worth more since they gave him a better contract. What's the solution? Let him walk, let Randy Gregory walk and try to patch up the Oline, WR and defense in the draft while also signing 20 bargain bin free agents that never make the team?

kskboys

Reaction score
He obviously is worth more since they gave him a better contract. What's the solution? Let him walk, let Randy Gregory walk and try to patch up the Oline, WR and defense in the draft while also signing 20 bargain bin free agents that never make the team?
The solution is to not grossly overpay players so you can build a super bowl contender.

CWR

Reaction score
So he offered 1 year 10 million to tac onto his existing contract for 65 million.

Then he could extend him out ever so slightly and restructure.

It's not that unreasonable to add one year which will end up void anyway

I highly doubt he said let's rip up your existing contract and I'll pay you for one year 10 million. Cmon man.

CWR

Reaction score
What a moron.

DLaw is a good player. His value is around 12 mil/year. 10 mil is a starting point. He is really really dumb to not understand that. This respect talk is idiotic.

Adding a year for 10 on top of what was already signed wasn't disrespectful. Law just found a way to make even more money when the team was trying to cut cap.

Believe me I'd love to slam on SJ, but I dont think people are understanding what the offer actually was.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Enjoy Cowboys fans! We're getting a glimpse of life after Jerry. Stephen ain't gonna be about winning. Just trying to protect the family fortune.

Same way Jerry had to step in to get RG done and Stephen sabotaged it.

hey, let me know when we spend 20 million under the cap. We are at the cap EVERY SEASON.... do you not get this?

Rayman70

Reaction score
That line is thinking is why they have cap problems.

Refuse to pay for high end FAs but overpay our own mediocre players.

You don't pay big money to run stuffing DEs.
thats less than market value actually.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Boy, outside of SJ standing up to his dad over Manizel he really has had some questionable decisions.

The other one notable being the pie comment over not wanting to overpay and only so many slices to go around then he over pays Jaylon, Zeke, Cooper and then dragged the Dak contract so far where it became 40mil.
who9 cares it hit 40 million... we also were lower onj his salary with being franchised. Add the last year of his rookie deal being cheap, the year of being franchised and those years from his contract, and that is pretty reasonable.

John813

Reaction score
who9 cares it hit 40 million... we also were lower onj his salary with being franchised. Add the last year of his rookie deal being cheap, the year of being franchised and those years from his contract, and that is pretty reasonable.

I'm not so complaining about that, but the delay of the FO not getting a deal done sooner, even though they wanted him to be their franchise QB.

They played hardball from day 1, when his deal could of been way cheaper before the QB deals kept blowing up in price.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
I think Jerry and Stephen together is a good balance. Jerry likes making splashes, throwing money around, and making players feel the love. Stephen is all about penny pinching and mitigating risk.

Stephen alone sounds like a disaster so we really should go all in with Jerry.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
I'm not so complaining about that, but the delay of the FO not getting a deal done sooner, even though they wanted him to be their franchise QB.

They played hardball from day 1, when his deal could of been way cheaper before the QB deals kept blowing up in price.

and when they sign a player right away for big money.. zeke, Dlaw, Dez, and on and on they get slammed for those deals.
They try to be smart of Dak and are called idiots. It doesnt matter what they do, they will be slammed around here.

IF, and its a big if, we get Von Miller. no matter how much the deal is worth here will be the response around here:

Miller screwed Jerry and Stephen because he had them over a barrel since the blew it with Gregory. Miller knew they needed a rusher desperately and his agent took them to school since they had all the leverage. <ark it down, I guarantee it.

Reactions: CWR

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
He can rush the passer. I don't know where ya'll are getting this crap from. Tunnel vision on sack stat. Turnovers double when he's on the field. Why do you think that is? It's because he is forcing QBs into errant throws.

sure he can just not at the level of his pay.