Video: Stephen Jones on Dez!

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
WE can’t count on our coaching staff to scheme better or our front office to surround Dak with the right talent .

Look how we struggled surrounding Romo. If Dak is less talented than Romo and can’t carry this dysfunctionaly ran team were in big trouble.

Dam dude, you are making way too much sense in this thread.................................just nailing it.:thumbup:

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
With little results

Dude, a lot of QBs that were really, really, good never produced big results.

You have Hall of Fame type QBs like Archie Manning, Dan Marino, Jim Kelly, ect, that never won a SB ring. Most of the time the reason was they never had a great defense, but it didn't mean they were not really, really good QBs.

If a QBs greatness was determined by the number of rings they have, why does once in a generation QBs like Aaron Rogers and Brett Favre and Drew Brees all have just a single championship ring? You could even throw Peyton Manning in there with his time with the Colts, just a single ring for what many consider to be the single best QB mind that ever existed.

Meanwhile you got guys like Trent Dilfer, Joe Flacco, and possibly even Nick Foles with Championship rings because they have a defense that just ask the QB not to lose the game with picks.

dwreck27

Reaction score
I love it that we want to be a power keep the ball away running team... and dak is more than capable of being a “top 15ish” QB and do enough to win a super bowl.

We need to reallocate that huge money gap from the WRs into defensive talent

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
We may have QB problems. We may have coaching problems. But we definitely have Dez problems. He needs to go so we can sort out whether of not we have other problems.

Exactly.................this whole organization is crap right now with problems out the arse.............its time to start eliminating the problems, one by one

I would start with Clappy the Clown first, but that is just me.............It appears however, that the organization has decided to start with Dez

Pay cut or release, the choice is yours Dez.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
I listened to the segment again and Steven gave three reasons for getting rid of Dez.....

1. Has no chemistry with Dak
2. Has temper tantrums on the sideline that is a distraction for the other players
3. He makes a lot of money and Steven sounds pissed that they are not getting the production warranted by the contract numbers

Reasons for keeping Dez given by Steven..........................NONE

After listening a couple of times to the whole segment, I think its 90% done that Dez is gone.

stilltheguru88

Reaction score
If Garrett doesn’t take a paycut as well, I tell Stephen just to suck my you know what and get out of my face.

birdwells1

Reaction score
No. So we can get on with becoming a team again and not 10 other guys that cater to a skill declining crybaby with a melon sized ego.

What happened to Beasley, Witten, Twill and Butler stats? Dez had a bad year but the QB play was poor, he played like a rookie by never threatening the defense deep nor over the middle, until that changes this offense will go nowhere. He caught the league by surprise his rookie year but during the offseason defenses studied and took away what he likes to do most and he and the coaching staff never adjusted. I think this is a crucial year for Dak and this organizations future, if we see more of last year's play it's time to move on.

LittleD

Reaction score
Dez will be on the cowboys next season so i dont see the need right away. Not sure there's any great wrs in this draft worth drafting either.

Not if he doesn't take a big pay cut. Otherwise, the FO will play hardball and he will be told he will be a June 1st cut and teams
will already have spent their FA money... Dez, the baby, will probably leave after a tantrum.

birdwells1

Reaction score
I’m not sure why we’re so dug in on him? Are we still that desperate of a franchise to be so sold after one breakout season? Sorry, I want better.

And it’s not a knock on him. Great kid, etc. And we can win some games with him. But it’s going to be more of a struggle than I’d hoped.

That's because the QB is the most important position in sports so when you get a good one it's easier to build you team and compete. Everyone wants to have that "cornerstone" in place because it a good secure feeling to know that your team is in good hands going forward. That's why people will make excuses for poor play and throw everyone else under the bus because if the wr or rb doesn't work out, he's easily replaced, but franchise QB don't just grow on trees.

slick325

Reaction score
Dude, a lot of QBs that were really, really, good never produced big results.

You have Hall of Fame type QBs like Archie Manning, Dan Marino, Jim Kelly, ect, that never won a SB ring. Most of the time the reason was they never had a great defense, but it didn't mean they were not really, really good QBs.

If a QBs greatness was determined by the number of rings they have, why does once in a generation QBs like Aaron Rogers and Brett Favre and Drew Brees all have just a single championship ring? You could even throw Peyton Manning in there with his time with the Colts, just a single ring for what many consider to be the single best QB mind that ever existed.

Meanwhile you got guys like Trent Dilfer, Joe Flacco, and possibly even Nick Foles with Championship rings because they have a defense that just ask the QB not to lose the game with picks.

Add HOF QBs Sonny Jurgensen and Warren Moon to that list of QBs who had "little results" but somehow escaped this relatively new narrative of what defines a good QB. Under current made up standards which recite a QBs won loss record when in the League's history that only applied to a HC and the franchise as a whole, Mark Sanchez (who played in two AFC Championship games); Blake Bottles, Nick Foles and Case Keenum are all better than Romo and Rivers. Smh...anyone that ever played the game or knows the game can SEE who very good, great or elite QBs actually are...

I wish this garbage stat of a "QBs record or playoff record" would disappear. I swear I never heard it in the '80s or even the early to mid '90s. Made up nonsense that the masses embraced as gospel.

Football is the ultimate team sport.

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
At least management appears to be having a Dez discussion and not settling on it will get better when Dak improves. It's at least a suggestion that their are eyes are open on this. We'll see if they really are or it's the beginning of negotiations with Dez and his agent to extend his contract into future years to decrease the cap hit in 2018. Maybe they are tired of Dez's antics which SJ alluded to as distractions for him and the team. May be all talk and no action too. I'm hopeful that at least one of the actions is a WR early in the draft. More than that would be gravy

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
Add HOF QBs Sonny Jurgensen and Warren Moon to that list of QBs who had "little results" but somehow escaped this relatively new narrative of what defines a good QB. Under current made up standards which recite a QBs won loss record when in the League's history that only applied to a HC and the franchise as a whole, Mark Sanchez (who played in two AFC Championship games); Blake Bottles, Nick Foles and Case Keenum are all better than Romo and Rivers. Smh...anyone that ever played the game or knows the game can SEE who very good, great or elite QBs actually are...

I wish this garbage stat of a "QBs record or playoff record" would disappear. I swear I never heard it in the '80s or even the early to mid '90s. Made up nonsense that the masses embraced as gospel.

Football is the ultimate team sport.

There have been good, very good and great QB's over the history of the NFL. Give me a good, very good or great team over an extended period, not a team that wins one year and falls off the next because of injuries. The reason the Cowboys didn't make the playoffs this year and have really accomplished very little since 1995 is because the Cowboy teams weren't as good as team who did. Yes QB is a key position on the team but you can win with a Bortles, Foles, Keenum if the team around them is good enough. That applied to Romo, same applies to Dak

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Dez will be on the cowboys next season so i dont see the need right away. Not sure there's any great wrs in this draft worth drafting either.
Dude. You're kidding yourself. If Dez doesn't take a pay (and ego) cut, he is as good as gone. Thank goodness they're not sweeping this one under the rug with the rest of the trash.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
What happened to Beasley, Witten, Twill and Butler stats? Dez had a bad year but the QB play was poor, he played like a rookie by never threatening the defense deep nor over the middle, until that changes this offense will go nowhere. He caught the league by surprise his rookie year but during the offseason defenses studied and took away what he likes to do most and he and the coaching staff never adjusted. I think this is a crucial year for Dak and this organizations future, if we see more of last year's play it's time to move on.
Dak will be fine. He's 13-3 in his first season and 21-10 over his first two.... He will be just fine.

See my previous post regarding Dez the cancerous skills declining wannabe #1 WR with hardening stone hands.

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
Dude. You're kidding yourself. If Dez doesn't take a pay (and ego) cut, he is as good as gone. Thank goodness they're not sweeping this one under the rug with the rest of the trash.

Yep, it appears they aren't sweeping it under the rug but appearances can be deceiving. Let's be optimistic and believe they follow through not just give it lip service. I'm pretty sure that if Dez reads any of this stuff he'll be pitching a hissy and sayin "hell no, I'm Dez, I won't take a paycut"

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Yep, it appears they aren't sweeping it under the rug but appearances can be deceiving. Let's be optimistic and believe they follow through not just give it lip service. I'm pretty sure that if Dez reads any of this stuff he'll be pitching a hissy and sayin "hell no, I'm Dez, I won't take a paycut"
Oh his cancerous self is talking a pay cut... Lol... It will be fun to watch his reaction on social media when reality hits... Just another extension of his sideline/locker room antics.