Stephen Jones wants Austin to get the Ball 12 to 24 times Per Game

kskboys

Reaction score
Austin would be mush by mid season getting that many touches he isn’t built for it
Yup. LA overdrafted him to begin w/, thinking he was going to be a #1 WR. It was stupid then, and is stupid now.

Tavon is a lightly built guy who can be effective in small doses. He's just not an every down player.

mrmojo

Reaction score
He seriously said that? New shiny toy I guess...sigh..

Verdict

Reaction score
0% chance he averages a dozen touches.

Here we go with that zero percent chance stuff again. The odds are actually pretty good that he will hit 12 touches in one game sometime this season. Probably not every game ----but zero percent chance her won't get 12 in one game? Man you guys are something else.

Verdict

Reaction score
Yup. LA overdrafted him to begin w/, thinking he was going to be a #1 WR. It was stupid then, and is stupid now.

Tavon is a lightly built guy who can be effective in small doses. He's just not an every down player.

Go back and look at what Darren Sproles did. Austin is pretty much Sproles part two.

GhostOfPelluer

Reaction score
What does what the Rams paid him matter? It doesn't.

He's being paid as a backup here. I am not sure how anyone could oversell a guy that has been largely a bust since coming into the NFL. And for the record, when it was rumored the Rams were thinking of dumping him months ago, I said the Cowboys should look at him. But I did that knowing it was a long shot he'd ever come close to being what people thought he might be coming out of college.
Fans should view this through the prism of what we gave up to get him: a sixth-round pick. If he has a few big plays this season and doesn't make any crucial gaffes then he will have done his job.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So, I guess Booger is no longer the meddler, it is Son now. He's calling the shots for the coaching staff?

Well, I am relieved as Austin's original team that spent a 1st on him couldn't do that and neither could his next team but this team will finally be the unveiling of the real Tavon Austin. 24 touches for a known fumbler is brilliance at it's best. And what player gives up those touches? Elliott, the best skill position player on the offense? Austin is a good ST player but has been a major disappointment and is at best a specialty back.

While we have seen real situations where one man's trash is another man's treasure and players blossom under a different staff, I have not seen that with this team.

This is nothing more than more of the Joneses follower attitude and they think they'll make a failure back into the next Alvin Kamura. Sell, sell sell, that's all they're good at. These tools spin so much they should have named The Star The Web.

Sydla

Reaction score
Here we go with that zero percent chance stuff again. The odds are actually pretty good that he will hit 12 touches in one game sometime this season. Probably not every game ----but zero percent chance her won't get 12 in one game? Man you guys are something else.

Note the word "average" in his post. He didn't say 12 touches here or there. He said "average" 12 touches. And he's likely right. It's pretty improbable that Austin will average 12 touches a game.

Unless you are counting special teams touches as well. I think he'll be hard pressed to touch the ball 12 times, on average, on offense.

Johnny23

Reaction score
Only the cowboys have their COO talking about playing time, touches, and positions for players. What the hell do we have coaches for.
This is why I got so hot with Verdict and the cut Dez crew. They said Stephen isn't like Jerry and that he is going to be different. It's just more of the same crap.

Bowdown27

Reaction score
I can care less if he gets the ball once or 30 times as long as we win.

lwehlers

Reaction score
Nope, not a misprint! Stephen Jones must love him some Tavon Austin.

Edit. Totally need more coffee, I misspelled Stephen Jones. I rock.

jones is full of crap if he thinks that Austin will get that many touches a game.