Video: Stephen Jones: Will Jaylon Play? Zeke Update

CashMan

Reaction score
And the NFLPA damn sure will. In fact, they might threaten to strike over this.

Did you miss when they tried to strike last time? Most of the players have no idea how to manage money.

aikemirv

Reaction score
That is the NFL's way out on this. Nothing on the DV, but the blouse incident can come under the personal conduct policy.
But not deserving of anymore than 2 games, which is even a but much.

Maybe fine him like $100K or even $200K but no game suspensions.
Even if any suspensions, then they should still appeal it. However the NFL may try to give 4 games just to make up for what they couldn't do on the DV issues.

I don't know if there is anything out there on a player like this to even compare to.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
But the NFL will lose this case in court. The police have refused to give them access to the evidence because they determined there was no crime. Therefore, any information they have is private to Elliott and not the NFL's business.

Nobody in the league will support Jerry? Kraft will. Snyder will. There are only about 6 owners that wield any power at all.

And the NFLPA damn sure will. In fact, they might threaten to strike over this.

If a player gets suspended over nothing illegal whatsoever, then ALL players are incredibly vulnerable to the whims of the league and the blackmail threats of their jilted girlfriends.

A suspension here would set a very dangerous precedent for players.

NFL has great latitude in matters such as this. I am not so sure they would lose. I am not even sure it would go to court, to be honest.

Lets imagine you are correct and they lose. What happens to the Cowboys if that were to happen. Think about what happened to the Raiders when Al Davis challenged the NFL. It was not good.

I will also say that I have no idea why Kraft and or Snyder would support Jerry. I don't see it but maybe you know something I am not aware of.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
I think he's getting suspended. I think it's going to be 4 games or so and I don't really think the Cowboys can do anything about it, other then waste money on a Lawyer. Nobody in the league is going to support Jerry on this IMO. I think it is what it is.

I'm thinking 4 initially, with the league knowing they would probably knock it down to 2 if appealed. The question would then be how far would Zeke, NFLPA and counsel be willing to take this? Would they accept the lesser suspension or appeal to the Supreme Court? Is that even possible under the "conduct detrimental to league" rulings?

ErikWilliamsHeadSlap

Reaction score
The fact that we always have suspensions at the start of the season and we seem to play the Giants Week 1 quite regularly has to be an unfair advantage for them over Philly and the Skins. They both end up having to play Dallas with a stronger line up later in the season. At least potentially anyway.

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
So if a player goes to a bar, and a fight breaks out, and he is not involved, he should get suspended for it? Who said Zeke left the scene? I never seen anything on that. There was no charges and no one was talking, and conflicting statements. But yet this should be considered an offense.

So next time a player from any team goes anywhere, then a fight breaks out, and he is innocent, but the NFL sets a precedence, that player needs to be suspended also?

You seem to be making assumptions not yet in evidence, where's the evidence of a fight?? Just from news reports, It was one guy getting punched once in the face, that's called an assault, not a fight.... We know Zeke left the scene immediately after the incident, witness stated it was Zeke that threw the punch and now statements changed, victim doesn't want charges now, police couldn't find him, witnesses now not cooperating, bouncer was too busy trying to get a selfie with zeke but didn't stop or detain the assaulter or video in the bar somehow doesn't show the actual incident, lol, sounds pretty fishy to me....

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't know if there is anything out there on a player like this to even compare to.

But it doesn't matter, they make rules up as they go, and never use the rule twice, just make up another one, or adjust it to that situation.

Like the Dez catch, they rewrote the rule book to make it match the blown call.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You seem to be making assumptions not yet in evidence, where's the evidence of a fight?? Just from news reports, It was one guy getting punched once in the face, that's called an assault, not a fight.... We know Zeke left the scene immediately after the incident, witness stated it was Zeke that threw the punch and now statements changed, victim doesn't want charges now, police couldn't find him, witnesses now not cooperating, bouncer was too busy trying to get a selfie with zeke but didn't stop or detain the assaulter or video in the bar somehow doesn't show the actual incident, lol, sounds pretty fishy to me....

And there was another witness that said it was not Zeke....sounds to me you already have him convicted for whatever reason on your agenda.

erod

Reaction score
NFL has great latitude in matters such as this. I am not so sure they would lose. I am not even sure it would go to court, to be honest.

Lets imagine you are correct and they lose. What happens to the Cowboys if that were to happen. Think about what happened to the Raiders when Al Davis challenged the NFL. It was not good.

It results in a new CBA, the firing of Goodell, and an entirely different set of rules that takes the league out of these matters entirely and turns it over to the legal system. If they overstep their bounds on this, after the ridiculous way they handled Ray Rice, Josh Brown, Greg Hardy, etc, the NFL would lose control of what they want to control.

Jerry is the NFL. Al Davis was just a crazy renegade

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

One punch, a fight or an assault, whatever. So if 2 punches thrown it is a fight and not an assault?
No I am not making assumptions, and I never seen where it was said Zeke left.

So if the bouncer was busy trying to get a selfie with Zeke, how did Zeke leave immediately ?

erod

Reaction score
The "victim" was drunk out of his mind and wouldn't take his hands off a particular woman. That's sexual assault, which is why he doesn't want to move forward with this. There were several reports that Zeke didn't throw the punch (nor Dak, who was also there).

This a simple case of a guy who deserved to get his butt kicked, who got his butt kicked.

erod

Reaction score
One punch, a fight or an assault, whatever. So if 2 punches thrown it is a fight and not an assault?
No I am not making assumptions, and I never seen where it was said Zeke left.

So if the bouncer was busy trying to get a selfie with Zeke, how did Zeke leave immediately ?
It was a sexual assault, followed by a physical assault of the sexual assaulter.

Pardon me if I don't give a crap about the physical assault.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
It results in a new CBA, the firing of Goodell, and an entirely different set of rules that takes the league out of these matters entirely and turns it over to the legal system. If they overstep their bounds on this, after the ridiculous way they handled Ray Rice, Josh Brown, Greg Hardy, etc, the NFL would lose control of what they want to control.

Jerry is the NFL. Al Davis was just a crazy renegade

If they do what you suggest, they basically lose control anyhow. I honestly don't even thing legal would get involved in a 4 game suspension. I don't think anybody is going to have interest in spending the money it would take to open up a can of worms like that over 4 games. I mean, it would stupid expensive to turn this bloody over something like this.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
The NFL does not have the stones to admit a mistake. they have sold out to the domestic violence fanatics who believe every man is guilty and no woman lies. And by taking this long they have made it worse.

It is clear that unless they got evidence the police did not (and really how likely is that?) they do not have enough evidence to make a credible case especially when the so called victim publicly said she would ruin his career and asked friends to lie about it.

I believe they are delaying as long as they can hoping Zeke would do something really stupid and they could then wrap it all up in conduct detrimental to the NFL. Their last hope was the recent nightclub incident (and look how fast THAT disappeared).

Now they are really up against it as Jerry and Zeke both have made it plain they would not hold still and fight it all the way which will make the NFL look worse and worse as it becomes clear they HAVE no case.

And what about the women that smack their men around? How about throwing a few of them in jail?

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
And there was another witness that said it was not Zeke....sounds to me you already have him convicted for whatever reason on your agenda.

And that witness was the so called bouncer, you know the guy trying to get a selfie but he couldn't detain the guy throwing the punch...WOW, some bouncer, sounds like a guy I wouldn't hire....I use common sense, I haven't convicted him of anything, I just find that the whole story is very fishy, and I've heard some fishy stories!

erod

Reaction score
If they do what you suggest, they basically lose control anyhow. I honestly don't even thing legal would get involved in a 4 game suspension. I don't think anybody is going to have interest in spending the money it would take to open up a can of worms like that over 4 games. I mean, it would stupid expensive to turn this bloody over something like this.

You don't think 25% of the season lost by your best player is that big of a deal? That could end the season.

And over nothing illegal whatsoever?

erod

Reaction score
And that witness was the so called bouncer, you know the guy trying to get a selfie but he couldn't detain the guy throwing the punch...WOW, some bouncer, sounds like a guy I wouldn't hire....I use common sense, I haven't convicted him of anything, I just find that the whole story is very fishy, and I've heard some fishy stories!
Let's say Zeke did throw the punch.

He knocked the crap out of a drunk who was sexually assaulting a female and wouldn't leave her alone.

Is that worth a suspension?

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Well bouncers aren't known for being rocket scientist's. :lmao2:

All I know is no charges were filed, and the issue was dropped. Fishy or not, people paid off or not, who cares at this point, except the NFL if they want to do. a year long investigation into it.
Why it bothers you so much I don't know that either and don't care.