Twitter: Stephen: McCarthy will absolutely be back in 2021

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
I think the handwriting is on the wall regarding nolan.

I regret the handwriting on the wall about you...

Say, that reminds me re handwriting; you should view or revisit the Robert Ryan-narrated "World War I." Great symphonic music. The series presages so much of WWII. Eerie.

ICP

Reaction score
Don't ha just hate the Jones boys more and more every time they open their mouths?

Brax

Reaction score
LMAO

Status quo incoming.

We're going to have a typical offseason.. Probably get Dak signed.. Our upgrades will be some rookies.. Heck we might even bring in Earl Thomas next year and talk about all of the work he's put in off the field to make himself better.

New defensive coordinator so we have a scapegoat for this season and everyone gets fired up about the new guy...

All so we can be mediocre.. Maybe a little better or a little worse with no real shot at doing anything in the post season.

Yaaaaaaay. Another year of the same.
The Jerry hype machine is gearing up for a major campaign, Dak will be signed and SB talk will fill the airwaves. But alas another year of the same. The excuses will be great next year can’t wait.

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
..same here, I think MM will right the ship. THis just wasn't our year.

I think he was being sarcastic. There is nothing to be stoked about. Especially considering the sudden uprisings of our divisional teams. Hurts looks good in Philly (though, I’m sure part of that is due to lack of professional tape on him), WFT looks decent, and the Giants aren’t great, but they’re on the rise. Dallas? We have nothing. Dak and the WR core are good, yes, but we cannot fix this defense or mediocre coaching in one year.

CowboysFever1973

Reaction score
fat mik will likely be our coach for the next decade and dak will also never sniff a nfccg

tired of this ****

ghst187

Reaction score
He should be back on his couch next year pretending to do quantitative analysis while really eating potato chips just like last year.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
f you look at his track record and pedigree, he's consistently won year in and year out
well what happend to that consistency this year?? 4-12 is not winning lol not even close, and do humans have pedigree's ?? I thought
that was for animals.

I look at his game decisions and game mgmt, and he was awful. That has nothing to do with no offseason etc.
In this last game or maybe it was the ravens game, yeah it was, he got mad about the penalty on the fg try, like it was someone
else's fault . But if he had been paying attention to the game clock like he should, he could have called timeout, they had all 3.
That is inexcusable totally on him. Then the ridiculous dbl or triple reverse on a fake punt that was 4th and 10 at their own 35
was just insane. Add to that the other 4th down gaffs, and this tells me he isnt the guy I want, this is the same guy who had
seattle beat and let off the gas and seattle has the miracle finish to beat them and go to SB.

I think his pedigree, is he had farve and rodgers making him look good all those years, and some good asst coaches who made him
look good.

He is a bozo, and he isnt going to make the cowboys winners, because he is going to hurt more than help them .

He cant even win the worst div ever in nfl history, where it only takes 6 or 7 wins to win the division.

He brings nothing to the table but negative things like his game mgmt, and the worst DC in the history of the nfl.

So year stevie bring him on back lol absolutely !! you clown.

RS12

Reaction score
Lol! Any of you really think Jerry is gonna pay this guy to sit around for 4 years? Did you get a load of MM record the last three seasons he coached? Mediocre at best with a last place schedule next year.

Cowfan75

Reaction score
My bet is 6-10.
And that includes signing an overpaid Dak, a full offseason, OTAs, TC, draft and FA signings.
All injuries back to full health.

And then where will the full scapegoat shift to when most likely a clean house occurs with the exception of Moore, aka Garrett part II, promoted as the new head coach of the Dallas Cowboys?

That Jerry,
He had it planned out all along.

He's such a Football Guy, lol.

Just my opinion of course.
Can't wait to read the pro McCarthy group next year with a fully healthy squad and no covid/injury excuses. And still these same results. Good times are coming, lol.

You are likely spot on. I think Jerry had always been a
I don't think .500 will be acceptable if our offense returns healthy and we don't suffer a significant amount of injuries to the starters. If we hadn't lost the line and Prescott and were still playing like this, McCarthy probably wouldn't last more than this season (although we might blame Nolan and give him one more year with a difference DC).

I know a lot of fans want to ignore the circumstances of this season, but it's impossible to do. The offense with all the major injuries that it has had is doing what should be reasonably expected. The defense should be better by now, at least in the front seven. It was reasonable for its play to have been poor the first few games as it adjusted to a new scheme without a preseason, but there's no excuse for it being almost as bad now. It would be different if teams were picking apart a secondary that has fallen apart, but the front's failings against the run should do Nolan in.

I hope, though, that the Joneses don't see it only as a coaching failure because this defense badly needs a talent infusion.

You make some good points, but the team playing poorly to start the season has roots to last year, when we couldn't rise above .500 in the worst division in football. Regardless, I don't even expect Nolan to be gone after this season. I think they all get a pass from Jerry, and then we ride with basically the same team, plus and minus a few bargain signings and scrubs.

ClappingCarrot

Reaction score
Broaddus said on the air during the pregame show Sunday that he'd like to see the Joneses more mad and pissed off at this team but we're all perplexed that we ain't seeing it. They're really clinging to the pandemic excuse and accept this colossal failure.

Meanwhile, Washington had more coaching turnover than we did, starting a QB that probably should have never played another down in the NFL, while their brand new HC is battling a rare form of cancer. They have a commanding lead in the division.

This franchise is pathetic. A bunch of rich losers.

Mk2_Cowboys

Reaction score
Meat head Mike is sticking around for 2021 huh?
This is Garett all over again but instead of the idiotic clapping , Meat head Mike just stares into the sky. Ownership has destroyed this one mighty football club.

cern

Reaction score
I regret the handwriting on the wall about you...

Say, that reminds me re handwriting; you should view or revisit the Robert Ryan-narrated "World War I." Great symphonic music. The series presages so much of WWII. Eerie.
Good stuff, to be sure. Shows up on history military channel and ahc channel.

StuckMojo

Reaction score
Poor game management and in game decisions is enough for me to want to see him gone. Also look at the improvement Green Bay has had since firing him.

Also I see a lot of posters say he needs to fire the DC. Well he is the one that brought in that DC, so that should tell you enough about his football mind!

75boyz

Reaction score
You are likely spot on. I think Jerry had always been a

You make some good points, but the team playing poorly to start the season has roots to last year, when we couldn't rise above .500 in the worst division in football. Regardless, I don't even expect Nolan to be gone after this season. I think they all get a pass from Jerry, and then we ride with basically the same team, plus and minus a few bargain signings and scrubs.

Yep, agreed.
Nolan being the only possible scapegoat to throw in with the covid/injury reasoning to appease public perception.
Back to being the same .500 type squad they have been for decades.
The CZ poster Catch17 often makes the point on how this FO maintains that middle ground/.500 ball mentality. Just good enough to pique your interest but never good enough to truly contend for titles. A football purgatory.
This has remained the Cowboy Way now for decades and remaining average is the comfort zone that has padded their bottom line brand profits to astronomical levels. So there's no incentive to change.
I'll just go out on a limb and say they even go 2 games under that lofty thresh hold of 8-8 next year.

Then the organizational shift will be to fire McCarthy, promote Moore and market him as the new young hero and keep on keeping on
Another lather, rinse, repeat cycle and ultimately just more of the same ol' same ol'

Just my opinion

Last edited:

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He deserves another “clean” year.......having said that, was never on board with the pick from Day 1.