Stephen on "All-In" - "We spend max, max money year in and year out

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
And he doubles down on it some more. My tone is definitely adversarial. You a victim now too?

Nonetheless complaining about behavior of posters is not the same as complaining about the team.

lol victim? Nah, I call it how I see it. Complaining is the keyword here which is the irony.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Stating a fact is not the same as complaining. A fact that you yourself confirmed. But go on.
no but the those two notions are not mutually exclusive either. I confirmed I was adversarial. I speak in declarations. I can see why you would feel as you do but my intent is not what you claim.

I don't really need to go on. I have seen all I need to see.

kskboys

Reaction score
And he doubles down on it some more. My tone is definitely adversarial. You a victim now too?

Nonetheless complaining about behavior of posters is not the same as complaining about the team.
Stating facts about the team is also not complaining about the team.

Sydla

Reaction score
And I said I should have said something else. You won a point of fact congratulations but now it is time to mover forward.

Again who do you want to restructure so we can be like the Eagles?
Do what Philly did with Smith and extend Lamb and you could have saved $12MM or a little more alone in cap space and taken on zero dead money.

You could have also restructured Diggs and saved another $8MM. So right there, I just created $20MM in cap space and basically shoved only $8MM in current cap hits into the future, spread over Diggs last four years of his deal. Hardly cap crushing.

It can be done and smartly. Dallas refuses to do it because they want to claim they are spending money and use the cap as justification, when in fact, they are not.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Do what Philly did and extend Lamb and you could have saved $12MM or a little more alone in cap space and taken on zero dead money.

You could have also restructured Diggs and saved another $8MM. So right there, I just created $20MM in cap space and basically shoved only $8MM in current cap hits into the future, spread over Diggs last four years of his deal. Hardly cap crushing.

It can be done and smartly. Dallas refuses to do it because they want to claim they are spending money and use the cap as justification, when in fact, they are not.
So you have fiat power over Lamb. Must be nice. No NFL club has such power

Only thing you can make happen as a stand in for the club is Diggs. That is nowhere near hat the Eagles are doing.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
no but the those two notions are not mutually exclusive either. I confirmed I was adversarial. I speak in declarations. I can see why you would feel as you do but my intent is not what you claim.

I don't really need to go on. I have seen all I need to see.

I don’t feel any certain way. That’s awesome the ignore button is right there.

Sydla

Reaction score
Yeah facts.

And in this case, as it pertains to this thread and what Stephen Jones fibbed about today, data shows that the Cowboys, over the last decade, have been near the bottom in actual cash spent on the roster.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Yeah facts.

And in this case, as it pertains to this thread and what Stephen Jones fibbed about today, data shows that the Cowboys, over the last decade, have been near the bottom in actual cash spent on the roster.
We going too relitigate the BTB article.

You gave up on that argument when we started discussing how to model the NFL market and compared it to what BTB did.

Let's start there as opposed to pretending the argument never happened though.

Sydla

Reaction score
We going too relitigate the BTB article.

You gave up on that argument when we started discussing how to model the NFL market and compared it to what BTB did.

Let's start there as opposed to pretending the argument never happened though.

I gave up on no argument. I stand by the actual data. Despite Stephen claiming that they are always "all in" and spending money, the actual evidence shows they in fact, do not invest in their roster like most teams, at least over the last decade.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Actually, I speaking about your replies with Sydia. Which prompted my point. This isn’t a “gotcha”.
:lmao:

Crazy, I didn’t think that poster needs a white knight, yet here you are.
Oh so I was replying to you but I as not condescending there but I clearly enjoy being condescending in my replies.

:lmao2:

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
I gave up on no argument. I stand by the actual data. Despite Stephen claiming that they are always "all in" and spending money, the actual evidence shows they in fact, do not invest in their roster like most teams, at least over the last decade.
The BTB article uses a gratuitous time frame in a market that has a 3 year cycle from the NFLPA, a 1 year cycle for the NFL accounting, a 4-5 year cycle for first round picks, and a 4 year cycle for other picks, and a variance from 1 to 10 years for VFA.

You think cherry picking a 3 year period because of recency bias is valid. It's not.