Twitter: Stephen on drafting another RB in the first round

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah but you would think certain useful information would have imprinted on his brain after all this time too, especially if it has been witnessed dozens of times over a few decades.

Scratch everything I said. Forgot for a second I was talking about DNA Kid #1. :(
It’s clear from everything he’s saying that he hasn’t learned anything.

And unlike his Dad, he doesn’t have an obsessive coach willing to sacrifice his personal life to overcome his blunders.

KDM256

Reaction score
No problem with it Stephen, leave no stone un turn will it comes to finding talent. People act like the running back position isn't vital in today's game in moving the chains.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
No problem with it Stephen, leave no stone un turn will it comes to finding talent. People act like the running back position isn't vital in today's game in moving the chains.
I think last years playoff game showed it very well when TP went down....but that doesnt mean the argument of what the production between 1st round pick and 4th round pick RB's is especially when you throw in OL play. I happen to think RB is the best position to keep young fresh legs at with low cap costs and multiple backs totting the rock..Todays NFL is very diferent from #22's NFL.

rambo2

Reaction score
It’s clear from everything he’s saying that he hasn’t learned anything.

And unlike his Dad, he doesn’t have an obsessive coach willing to sacrifice his personal life to overcome his blunders.
Their actions over the last 3 years has shown that they do know what they are doing in the 1st round of the NFL draft. Who has done better with Lamb, Parsons, and Smith?

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Their actions over the last 3 years has shown that they do know what they are doing in the 1st round of the NFL draft. Who has done better with Lamb, Parsons, and Smith?
And yet despite all of that great drafting, they haven’t gotten close to a Championship in 28 years.

At some point, when everything else has changed and changed again, it’s time to look at the people who are still here.

Again, this is the guy who was not only part of drafting a running back 4th overall, but grossly overpaying that running back two years early.

rambo2

Reaction score
And yet despite all of that great drafting, they haven’t gotten close to a Championship in 28 years.

At some point, when everything else has changed and changed again, it’s time to look at the people who are still here.

Again, this is the guy who was not only part of drafting a running back 4th overall, but grossly overpaying that running back two years early.
They were pretty close this year. Did you miss the season? They were 1 score away from making the NFC Championship. Of course that isn't close in your eyes.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They were pretty close this year. Did you miss the season? They were 1 score away from making the NFC Championship. Of course that isn't close in your eyes.
The Championship Game is close. I don’t lower my expectations so that an underachieving team can meet them.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
:lmao2:
Melt Downs over a stupid comment. Which means nothing at this point.
Have you all not learned by now, they are just jiving is all. :muttley:
Talking crap as usual at this time of the year.

I am waiting on the next … secret sauce .. type of comment … we need a good laugh….

Gaede

Reaction score
Has Stephen ever said anything that gave you the impression he really was a football guy and qualified GM?

Sure, he rambles less than Jerry, but his BS is so basic he feels even less qualified than his dad

ICP

Reaction score
Too bad the last one they drafted was only good for 4 years but is still here

ThatJerryKid

cowboys31
Reaction score

You guys are taking his comment all wrong. He’s stating that he wouldn’t take a RB in the top half of the first round again because you would hope for a player taken that high to be here for 10 years. A hard lesson that they learned from the Elliott pick. But if an elite talent fell to you in the later parts of the first round, that’s a different story. Some of you guys just want to complain about anything you can.

glimmerman

Reaction score
He knows he isn’t drafting a RB in the first round. Interesting he said depends where in the round. Maybe they plan on moving up for someone. Who would they try to move up for in the first round. You can find first round talent in the second round. And SJ likey don’t get a say in the draft. That’s JJ hopefully listening again to McClay. Let him work his magic.