Twitter: Stephen on drafting another RB in the first round

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Boy wonder speaks again lol.
That means they want elliot for another 3 years?
pacheco was 7th round , I know they saw the SB, you would think that would tell them you dont need to draft RB's in hight rounds.
They are some slow learners lol.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You project drafting a running back who is capable of producing at a high level for three or four seasons tops. Any top production after that is gravy.

Getting a dozen or more all-pro ballot running back is a dream come true. Landing a future Hall of Famer is a true blessing. Every NFL football executive wants those guys but should know they are not guaranteed. The goal should always be targeting the best durable and productive back available each round over the short-term. That is realistic drafting.

“If you’re taking a [running back] player in the top half, you’re hoping you’ve got a player who is going to be here for 10 years.” The man does not seemingly have a reasonable working awareness of effective player longevity by position. :facepalm:

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Has Zeke been here for 10 years? It feels like he's been here for 12 yrs but productive only in 4.
You are thinking in human athletic years. Four highly productive years for an Ewok is equal to 12 years for a human.

That was a joke, Elliott fans. Don't spam me with replies how I am being disrespectful to him. It'll make me sic Chewbacca on ya.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
pacheco was 7th round , I know they saw the SB, you would think that would tell them you dont need to draft RB's in hight rounds.

They watched the game and said we like our guys

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Oh, if he's taken in the 1st round and not a complete bust like Taco we can be sure you and pops will make him a Cowboys for life if possible.

visionary

Reaction score
You are thinking in human athletic years. Four highly productive years for an Ewok is equal to 12 years for a human.

That was a joke, Elliott fans. Don't spam me with replies how I am being disrespectful to him. It'll make me sic Chewbacca on ya.
How dare you sir !!

This calls for a duel
Choose your weapons

Beaker42

Reaction score

That’s not being disrespectful to Elliott but to Ewoks.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You project drafting a running back who is capable of producing at a high level for three or four seasons tops. Any top production after that is gravy.

Getting a dozen or more all-pro ballot running back is a dream come true. Landing a future Hall of Famer is a true blessing. Every NFL football executive wants those guys but should know they are not guaranteed. The goal should always be targeting the best durable and productive back available each round over the short-term. That is realistic drafting.

“If you’re taking a [running back] player in the top half, you’re hoping you’ve got a player who is going to be here for 10 years.” The man does not seemingly have a reasonable working awareness of effective player longevity by position. :facepalm:
Never forget he was gifted the job.

Hadenough

Reaction score
Dallas doesn't like small shifty RBs. Just like the don't like big 350lb DTs

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
Dallas doesn't like small shifty RBs. Just like the don't like big 350lb DTs

I love them and feel it's what we need, but they would cause too many matchup problems for a defense which would make us feel bad