Stephen: Steele can be a really high caliber RT for us

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
In fairness he went from dog**** in 2020 to decent in 2021. On that trajectory he will be All Pro this year.
In complete fairness it usually takes OL-men a solid 3 years to get up to NFL speed.
The Elites are the Elites, but overall it takes time for that position to grow into what they can become.

quickccc

Reaction score
Can't link it but he said it.

-

“We had a decision to go with somebody who fit better for us under the cap and a younger player,” Jones said. “We just had to make a difficult business decision. ...I think [Steele] is only going to get better and can be a really high-caliber starter at right tackle for us compared to any of the tackles in this league.”

in accordance to the current OL coach ?
And can go one one on without chip/double team help vs the Nick Bosa, Daniele Hunter, Shaq Barrett, Robert Quinn, Trey Hendricks,.Chase Young, Harold Landry, etc.
yeh, Hopes it works out well ... for Dak's sake.

MapleLeaf

Maple Leaf
Reaction score
This season will ride on the ability of Steel and Biadasz kicking it up a notch. They have to elevate their play. IF we can get both Terence and Tyler to be in the top 10 perfoming at their positions, and keep Smith healthy, then we have the makings of a line that can give Dak and any RB a chance to make a difference.

Obviously one of the key things that needs to happen to Dak is to heal from the calf situation. He has to be more mobile and add an extra dimension of concern to the opposing defences.

cowboyec

Reaction score
i like the guy.
like what he's made of.
he came in as an udfa and earned his way.
hasn't stopped since.
he was better last year than the year before.
i respect mccarthy for giving him a chance and rewarding effort and hard work.
i'll never forget in 2020 when he named steele the starter...when asked why he said..
because frankly,he's earned it...at practice...in meetings...
says alot about terrence steele.
happy for him.
have no reason to believe he won't be better yr3 than he was.
easy to root for a guy like that.

MapleLeaf

Maple Leaf
Reaction score
I’m sorry.. Why did they just outright cut La’el Collins?

I don't think it was just for price. Stephen's quote is designed to sound non-confrontational about the release of Collins, but they dumped him for more than just money.

It will be years before we know the true story, but it has the same scent as the Cooper rumours.

cowboyec

Reaction score
In complete fairness it usually takes OL-men a solid 3 years to get up to NFL speed.
The Elites are the Elites, but overall it takes time for that position to grow into what they can become.
he never woulda got a chance under garrett.
at least mccarthy seems to reward guys for hard work.
i'd think this kid would be a fan favorite.
he probably is.

Dre11

Reaction score
I’m sorry.. Why did they just outright cut La’el Collins?

Because the June 1 designation was more beneficial than what they were getting as trade offers, I also think they were doing him a favor by letting him go early rather than later in free agency.

cowboyec

Reaction score
My guess is stuff went on with Collins we werent privy to which sped up his demise.
not to mention the stuff we already do know.
oft injured.
oft out of shape.
car accident.
and that mess with the drug test.
its always something with him.
maybe i'm wrong and if i am,i'll own it...but he'll be the exact same player in cincy that he was here.
a tease.

cowboyec

Reaction score
terrence steele will go to more pro bowls than la'el collins ever will.
WATCH!

if i'm wrong...i'll own it.

quickccc

Reaction score
He was very green in 2020, but Covid Camp probably did him no favors. He improved significantly in 2021, but there are limitations. I dont think he is a fluid enough athlete to be a top quality pass protector. I think he is a starting quality RT, but you may always have to give him some help against top rushers

i didn't think he was technical and strong enough, self confident and mentally tuff enuff, just like CB you have to have a short memory and self-confident when a lapse occurred and bounce back from it quickly,..

i like the guy.
like what he's made of.
he came in as an udfa and earned his way.
hasn't stopped since.
he was better last year than the year before.
i respect mccarthy for giving him a chance and rewarding effort and hard work.
i'll never forget in 2020 when he named steele the starter...when asked why he said..
because frankly,he's earned it...at practice...in meetings...
says alot about terrence steele.
happy for him.
have no reason to believe he won't be better yr3 than he was.
easy to root for a guy like that.

now we get to find out if he has the makings of a quality 16 game starter ...or more suited as a swing backup Jeremy Parnell type.