Steve Wilks is let go in SF

RonWashington

Reaction score
Our future DL COACH? Passing game coordinator?

That is totally bizarre . The 49ers lost that SB in large part on ST teams and an offense that kept kicking FG against The best Qb in football. 22 points not nearly enough .

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
Our future DL COACH? Passing game coordinator?

The defense was was dominant in the first half in the Superbowl. It's just they had to play against Mahomes and Andy Reid in the 2nd half. Plus they had to contend with Kelsie which no one has contained all season long. He is certainly scapegoated.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
Well there is that conspiracy and frankly I'm not usually a real big conspiracy believing person, especially when it would require so many people lying... the more grand + the more people who'd have to lie who have knowledge, etc the less likely a conspiracy exists IMO but the whole Taylor Swift thing was certainly weird.
Im tired of conspiracies. I don't care of Taylor Swift thing. Why does the media make it such a big deal? I wish they would make Jerry Jones the talk of the town where he has failed miserably as a Cowboys GM. Why does he still have a job all these years?

RonWashington

Reaction score
Losing your stud LB in the first half to an Achilles and bringing in a spare # 49 who played like alot of spare linebackers Dallas has had didn’t help . Kelce ate his lunch and didn’t even leave a tip .

Bowdown27

Reaction score
I wonder where wilks will end up ? Maybe college team at this point.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
mr Bflop---and to think i thought Chiefs after 1st half were dead in water????....and i quit drinking decades ago...so cant blame that?
It was to Mahomes' credit that he managed to take care of the 49ers so effectively.

Shanahan just fell a tad short of his intentions. Firing Wilks was merely a coverup.

Wilks likely did all any human coach could do to overcome the skills of Mahomes.

Last edited:

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
It was to Mahomes' credit that he managed to take care of the 49ers so effectively.

Shanahan just fell a tad short of his intentions. Firing Wilks was merely a coverup.

Wilks likely did all any human coach could do to overcome the skills of Mahomes.
mr Bull----last 3 super bowls for our hated 49ers....LOSERS 3 in a row....it does feel good...just a little though...still steamed how we endured most humiliating loss

in cowboy playoff history....50+ years hardcore cowboy fan....that has been blown to smitherines

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
mr Bull----last 3 super bowls for our hated 49ers....LOSERS 3 in a row....it does feel good...just a little though...still steamed how we endured most humiliating loss

in cowboy playoff history....50+ years hardcore cowboy fan....that has been blown to smitherines
It was a painful series of losses, without a doubt -- although, the management of this team had deteriorated sadly since our old days of SB glories.
Jerry and Stephen have added many years of futility to their resume in that decline. Hopefully, they'll find a way to make up for that sadness. Since there's obviously a considerable cause for doubt that should occur anytime soon, my hopes and prayers are still somewhat forthcoming with stubborn perseverance. I'm a year older than Jerry and as such, I feel compelled to stubbornly hold out hope that he'll make amends before it's too late.

I've been a Cowboys fan since this team's inception in 1960 -- that's really a long time to have established a fandom what can't give up hope. In the meantime, I've managed to satisfy myself with enjoying the games without forcing any false expectations upon myself. I encourage all of the current Cowboys fans to do the same. For me, it seems the best way to remain a fan, without resorting to giving up hope for better times to come.

Last edited:

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
It was a painful series of losses, without a doubt -- although, the management of this team had deteriorated sadly since our old days of SB glories.
Jerry and Stephen have added many years of futility to their resume in that decline. Hopefully, they'll find a way to make up for that sadness. Since there's obviously a considerable cause for doubt that should occur anytime soon, my hopes and prayers are still somewhat forthcoming with stubborn perseverance. I'm a year older than Jerry and as such, I feel compelled to stubbornly hold out hope that he'll make amends before it's too late.

I've been a Cowboys fan since this team's inception in 1960 -- that's really a long time to have established a fandom what can't give up hope. In the meantime, I've managed to satisfy myself with enjoying the games without forcing any false expectations upon myself. I encourage all of the current Cowboys fans to do the same. For me, it seems the best way to remain a fan, without resorting to giving up hope for better times to come.
dang mr Bull--- you way more a a vet fan then me....my first game was January 1971 i had just got my own 12-inch black and white tv christmas for my room...only kid on block....and i locked my bedroom door and watched a very painful loss to Colts 16-13 SB 5 on last second obrien FG...over 8 turnovers and one we lost fumble on the 1 yd line instead of scoring....but i fell in love with the star and we were in navy blue visitor colors....i think had we put Staubach in we would have won that game...i feel Landry waited too long on that one....Morton was Ok but Staubach had "it" factor that Morton did not...but i am just a lowly fan i aint no coach

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

also blessings to you mr Bull....you got a lot of experience to share

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Losing your stud LB in the first half to an Achilles and bringing in a spare # 49 who played like alot of spare linebackers Dallas has had didn’t help . Kelce ate his lunch and didn’t even leave a tip .
Ron---i need to get another small dog..i live alone now...i miss my small dog that lived 15 years...we talked some before about it...her name Maddie..went everwhere riding on lap of wheelchair....pastor at church even took church vote to make Maddie honorary member.....she knew she had to be cool...she never barked and only nuzzled and licked anyone who came up to her...i am going to rescue one from pound and hope for the best....Maddie cost 1000..but worth millions

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Ron---i need to get another small dog..i live alone now...i miss my small dog that lived 15 years...we talked some before about it...her name Maddie..went everwhere riding on lap of wheelchair....pastor at church even took church vote to make Maddie honorary member.....she knew she had to be cool...she never barked and only nuzzled and licked anyone who came up to her...i am going to rescue one from pound and hope for the best....Maddie cost 1000..but worth millions
You might want to adopt a puppy from the shelter, rather than to take on an older dog who's already developed bad habits but can't seem to get over them. I made that mistake a while back and felt guilty when I had to return her to the facility. She had habits of snapping at me when I tried to correct her from chewing on things that would harm her and just demanding constant attention 24-7, with no letup whatsoever. My adult son, who I live with, was highly relieved to see her leave, also.

Adopting a young pup is the best way to train the dog to your liking and teaching them what you expect from them without unnecessary problems occurring that won't disappear. I'm trying to give you some tips, so you won't be saddled with the problems that confounded me on a daily basis. I'm sharing these things that my daughter taught me. She's pretty much of an expert, who's had many years of experience with rescue dogs. She had a small dog that she kept for 17 years before it passed on recently. ;)

Last edited:

1942willys

Reaction score
Yeah, scapegoat
Not like that has not been seen by this HC in the past

RonWashington

Reaction score

Oh wow you got a big heart Gorico . Rescuing a dog is a great noble thing to do . I was driving to the gym one day 10 yrs ago saw Johnny Rocco dodging traffic in a busy Dallas intersection near a freeway . He’s been my constant friend ever since .

Maddie sounds like a great dog as well .

DZSierra

Reaction score
If you look at Steve Wilkes whole coaching career, the reality is he really doesn't stand out as a game changer in his coaching profession.

1942willys

Reaction score
If you look at Steve Wilkes whole coaching career, the reality is he really doesn't stand out as a game changer in his coaching profession.
he is a good one and that is all
but I still think he was scapegoated

DZSierra

Reaction score
he is a good one and that is all
but I still think he was scapegoated
I completely agree with you per the 49'ers.

What actually made me look at his history was when he was at Carolina (I've lived here now for over 20 years and I'm kind of forced to follow them per the media). He took over when the dumpster fire Panthers passed him up on the head coaching job. He took a horrible panthers team after Rhule was let go and got the team to 6-6, but was passed up when the raging dumpster fire hired Reich.

There is a part of me that thinks hes unlucky enough to get on bad teams with bad coaching and or management (Cardinals and Browns as prime examples, and of course Tepper with the panthers who is WAY worse than Jerry Jones IMO).

The reality is Wilkes defense didn't beat one of the better QB's in the league who has a habbit of winning when it counts, particuarly in the Super bowl, however it was Kyle Shanahan's offense that lost the game IMO.

I do think Shanahan is the issue in San Fran and not Steve Wilkes, however I'm guessing someone HAD to take the fall.

Just seems like Wilkes can't catch a break.

1942willys

Reaction score
I completely agree with you per the 49'ers.

What actually made me look at his history was when he was at Carolina (I've lived here now for over 20 years and I'm kind of forced to follow them per the media). He took over when the dumpster fire Panthers passed him up on the head coaching job. He took a horrible panthers team after Rhule was let go and got the team to 6-6, but was passed up when the raging dumpster fire hired Reich.

There is a part of me that thinks hes unlucky enough to get on bad teams with bad coaching and or management (Cardinals and Browns as prime examples, and of course Tepper with the panthers who is WAY worse than Jerry Jones IMO).

The reality is Wilkes defense didn't beat one of the better QB's in the league who has a habbit of winning when it counts, particuarly in the Super bowl, however it was Kyle Shanahan's offense that lost the game IMO.

I do think Shanahan is the issue in San Fran and not Steve Wilkes, however I'm guessing someone HAD to take the fall.

Just seems like Wilkes can't catch a break.
There are players and coaches like that.
Look at Jim Kelly; a great QB. FOUR STRAIGHT losses in the SB
Tell me that is not bad luck; especially the first one when they lost because the kicker missed one that was nearly a chip shot
Tom brady won 3 SBs in at least part because Adam Vinatieri is arguably the greatest clutch FG ever
Tell me that is not luck