Still hard for Cowboys to win with Jones style ownership

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Wade wasn't an idiot and zeke isn't a dope. Yoi really can't put smith and zeke in the same sentence. Meanwhile you also can't mention those names and not mention Parcells, JJ etc

Wade was a great DC that was forced to have the horrid Garrett run his offense. I would take Wade over Garrett any day of the week. Had Wade been allowed to pick his own OC things might have been different. Who can forget the pass happy Garrett abandoning the run in the first quarter nearly every week during Wade's tenure?

plymkr

Reaction score
It's amazing how Cowboy fans forget that 18 out of 32 teams, more than half, have been waiting for a Super Bowl win longer than the Cowboys. They are all trying their hardest to win but each year you have 31 other organizations battling against you. Are the owners of those 18 also inately incompetent?
No, the Cowboys, Lions and Football Team are the most inept franchises of the past 25. Those 3 teams are the only teams not to make it to a championship game. All the other 28 teams have been more successful than the Cowboys, Lions, and WFT. The other 28 teams have been a game away from the SB. We haven't. Poor management and poor culture.

MaineBoy

Reaction score
McCarthy brought Nolan. Does the HC not get to choose his DC? McCarthy and Nolan assembled that defense. The players also failed to tackle, failed to cover, failed to know their assignments, etc.

Really ? You blame everyone but Jerry though Jerry is the single biggest factor in your scenario. Jerry hired the has been coach who hired his old friend who was an awful DC, with a bad history to prove it. So without JERRY, there is no has been coach or awful DC who tries to implement a new scheme without meetings or a normal off season. Players ? GM JERRY is the one who drafts LB’s with injury issues so they can’t stay on the field, or they run from contact. Then GM JERRY gives them huge contracts and ties up money on the defense in underachieving LBs. JERRY also likes cheap free agents who don’t contribute. Oh, and he likes to treat the Safety position like it isn’t important. And JERRY and his bad coaches love to pair their broken LB’s with undersized DT’s because what’s the big deal about stopping the run ? You’re right, Jerry has nothing to do with anything in your scenario. Not big on details, huh ?

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
Really ? You blame everyone but Jerry though Jerry is the single biggest factor in your scenario. Jerry hired the has been coach who hired his old friend who was an awful DC, with a bad history to prove it. So without JERRY, there is no has been coach or awful DC who tries to implement a new scheme without meetings or a normal off season. Players ? GM JERRY is the one who drafts LB’s with injury issues so they can’t stay on the field, or they run from contact. Then GM JERRY gives them huge contracts and ties up money on the defense in underachieving LBs. JERRY also likes cheap free agents who don’t contribute. Oh, and he likes to treat the Safety position like it isn’t important. And JERRY and his bad coaches love to pair their broken LB’s with undersized DT’s because what’s the big deal about stopping the run ? You’re right, Jerry has nothing to do with anything in your scenario. Not big on details, huh ?

Ok. Jerry is the butterfly who flaps his wings which leads to everything that happens. Except for the good things which happen.

Loso86

Reaction score
Wade was a great DC that was forced to have the horrid Garrett run his offense. I would take Wade over Garrett any day of the week. Had Wade been allowed to pick his own OC things might have been different. Who can forget the pass happy Garrett abandoning the run in the first quarter nearly every week during Wade's tenure?
Oh I remember completely

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
We’re letting our owner win, selling hope.

Instead we should be making him pay for how he’s running football operations rather than rewarding him for the product he’s been delivering.

Im tired of being the fool as fans while he laughs all the way to bank. That’s the bottomline for me.
Just how do you plan on making him pay?

DandyDon52

Reaction score
@Diehardblues Did you not see the thread with the Cowboys having the #3 offense, behind only KC and GB?

Dak and Co. are capable of laying 40-burgers on any defense. Which defense do you have stopping this offense?

If Dak and Co, produce then it is game over, right? Why are you focused on Jerry and not the players?
any good defense can, look at the rams game , only 17 points.
the next few games dallas faced defenses that were giving up alot of points to every team they played,
so yeah dallas scored in the 30's. Only 31 against seattle.
and that was just a few games. They didnt do it all season. The previous season dak and team were held to several low
point totals when playing a good defense.

All that means nothing going into a new season.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Aikman came out a couple years ago with scathing comments on this . And not much has changed.

Amazing as he nears 80 years of age we still have fans who hope his leadership of Cowboys Football is going to take us back to a Super Bowl.

The Giants, Steelers, Eagles, and many other franchises operate the same way as the Cowboys except the owners don't call themselves GMs so their McClays can carry the title.

Everything at those franchises goes through the Mara, Rooney, and Luries desk and requires their approval.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Is that some sort of contrived British wordplay?

No, tender chap, it is about you.
You are the type who awaits ANY post so you can jump in and whine. You are vacuous in thought. And, in lieu of anything worth considering, you take the mean girl route and trash anything with which you disagree.
Yes, the truth hurts.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
No, the Cowboys, Lions and Football Team are the most inept franchises of the past 25. Those 3 teams are the only teams not to make it to a championship game. All the other 28 teams have been more successful than the Cowboys, Lions, and WFT. The other 28 teams have been a game away from the SB. We haven't. Poor management and poor culture.
Ditto

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Wade wasn't an idiot and zeke isn't a dope. Yoi really can't put smith and zeke in the same sentence. Meanwhile you also can't mention those names and not mention Parcells, JJ etc

No, just a complete puppet. The moment he said something along the lines of "I need to change..." I knew he was done. Dude had been coaching for literally 30+ years, and he figured out he needed to change his style when he was 62?

ESisback

Reaction score
No, tender chap, it is about you.
You are the type who awaits ANY post so you can jump in and whine. You are vacuous in thought. And, in lieu of anything worth considering, you take the mean girl route and trash anything with which you disagree.
Yes, the truth hurts.
Vacuous?!? That’s hilarious coming from you! I gave my opinion. That’s what you do on a fan forum, and my opinion stands. The “Jerry sucks” scenario is beyond old. Don’t like it? Too bad. This British hipster shtick you utilize for attention has most people rolling their eyes, and the snarky comments just don’t move the meter much.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Vacuous?!? That’s hilarious coming from you! I gave my opinion. That’s what you do on a fan forum, and my opinion stands. The “Jerry sucks” scenario is beyond old. Don’t like it? Too bad. This British hipster shtick you utilize for attention has most people rolling their eyes, and the snarky comments just don’t move the meter much.

You have been carrying that all this time?
You seem angry. Indignant that anyone would oppose your take ... well, are we not, me lad?
A group hug for the big lug!

ESisback

Reaction score
You have been carrying that all this time?
You seem angry. Indignant that anyone would oppose your take ... well, are we not, me lad?
A group hug for the big lug!
Angry? Reading comprehension and delusion don’t work well together, do they? You rate an eye roll and a half-assed chuckle, but that’s about it, guv’ner! Which group is it that you belong to, the group huggers of the UK? Your “clever” snark is getting old.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Angry? Reading comprehension and delusion don’t work well together, do they? You rate an eye roll and a half-assed chuckle, but that’s about it, guv’ner! Which group is it that you belong to, the group huggers of the UK? Your “clever” snark is getting old.

It is ... not.
7d1eecbdd03aaab44861dc6d01b68f30.jpg

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Hey man I hear you guys but regardless what you all say he is the SAME guy who hired and brought guys in for 3 SB give JJ all the credit if you want but JJ was the owner and GM

One who REALLY didn't know what he was doing because he was new to the league. The one thing he did know was ... JIMMY JOHNSON.
After that, er, failed marriage, look at the results - one Super Bowl with the players Jimmy acquired.

JJ's strong suit is that he will spend money if necessary. That he did even with Jimmy Johnson, acquiring players Jimmy wanted. But without a "football guy" to guide him, he hasn't done so well.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
The Giants, Steelers, Eagles, and many other franchises operate the same way as the Cowboys except the owners don't call themselves GMs so their McClays can carry the title.

Everything at those franchises goes through the Mara, Rooney, and Luries desk and requires their approval.
It’s not the same. Yes, they are making some final decisions . But they aren’t undermining their coaches authority and aren’t the face of their franchises spinning publicly the direction of the team and conducting interviews as such.

This sounds like another Jethro apologist or sympathizer. There’s a reason other teams don’t follow our dysfunctional ownership model. Because the culture isn’t conducive for success on the field.

CowboysRule

Reaction score
Oh look, yet another thread complaining about Jerry. Maybe he'll read this and sell the team. Jerry isn't going anywhere until he dies. Maybe he dies today, maybe he lives another twenty years. It really doesn't matter. This is all just a waste of time to complain about.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Just how do you plan on making him pay?
There’s only one way. Thru revenue which means less tickets sold, merchandise sales and tv viewership.

All of which we’ve cumulatively failed thus far as he’s been rewarded for his efforts with a less than successful product he’s fielded this era.

We have been sending him the wrong message if we are disappointed or frustrated with how he’s running our favorite franchise.