Still have the same weaknesses

blueblood70

Reaction score
every playoff game, we struggle to catch passes in traffic. even today lamb alligator armed a pass over the middle. as great as lamb is, we re missing a dez or Witten who can dominate in tight coverage. im hoping Tolbert can become that or maybe Ferguson
did most of the game we were being held the whole entire first half our receivers that looked like tight coverage but what it was is a bunch of pass interference that wasn't called and I gotta give them credit for hiding it but the dude was wrapped around the waist it was almost as if they were coached to do that and they hit it very well I'm not blaming the referees for it I mean literally hanging on someone's waist and it not being called it's ridiculous they were basically being towed by our receivers all game if you didn't see that I'm sorry but it's hard when you're getting bumped early you're having a guy wrapped around your waist to make a play,,,

I get what you're saying but this particular game is not up the playoffs we'll worry about what happens in the playoffs when it gets there but yes the zone coverage does affect this team the road the grass the outdoors affect this team but in this particular game they interfered with us at least six times and no calls and then you got which is precious you're feeling crying and whining on the sideline that he didn't get one call well we didn't get about six of them...

It goes back to the Eagles game schoonmaker did catch that ball in tight coverage he was being interfered with and it wasn't caught it's being allowed more and more and it's insane because it is pass interference if you have contact on a guy before the ball gets there at worst it should be illegal contact that is what contact is they say it doesn't matter but when you have 180 pound dude hanging on you and you're saying it didn't affect the play it's ridiculous it is being towed it's like a dance move it's like a romantic dance where you have your arm around someone's hip and if you know dancing the person who leads has a hands on her hips, it does matter!!

Let's leave it at a week to week type deal here but this particular game is not more of the same they were interfered with bumped hit and it seemed like the rest were going to let them play so it happens because you add in the fact that it was zone it made it that much tougher, it made it that much tougher...

blueblood70

Reaction score
Newflash: This was not a playoff game.

The you cherry pick one play.
TY! :hammer: He forgot to add in how much interference was being allowed as well I mean they were all over us not only playing zone but they got away with about 6 pass interference calls and they let them play and I'm still laughing at how angry and self entitled that feeling was crying on the sidelines of the refs about being interfered with... Maybe he needs to watch the film he might be a little less angry because they did it to our guys all game this crew pretty much allowed them to play unless it was dirty and trust me they came to play dirty the way they were coached to play us in that first half you gotta give credit to them they got away with most of it still lost by 23 LOL

ShiningStar

Reaction score
the team beat a team they were supposed to beat. Ok, nothing good or bad from this game., stop nit picking, All WRS drop a few. WE cant have a season where we are flawless in one regard. It doesnt happen. Cee Dee has turned the for the better and i wasnt the biggest fan of the pick and i can admit that. I didnt think he would grow this year, he did, whether that leads to a playoff win or not is not based on that stat. our WR became a star this year, just be done with that fact.

blueblood70

Reaction score
When I saw the title description of this thread ... I assume it was regarding our lapses vs the run with Carolina.

:confused:
Right there was far more issues than that game then our receivers... I think we just had a team get away with a bunch of pass interference calls played very physical lot of illegal contact and playing zone and made it difficult to throw... I don't see it as a big problem they still won the game they still moved the ball they just had to do it at a different pace than the last few weeks... Kudos to Carolina for making this a very hard start to the game because I think the team could benefit from that going into Washington.. They know that they had some works in this game even though they won by 23 and that's always gonna be positive when you can take a learning lesson from a win especially when you gotta play three games in 12 days...

blueblood70

Reaction score
the team beat a team they were supposed to beat. Ok, nothing good or bad from this game., stop nit picking, All WRS drop a few. WE cant have a season where we are flawless in one regard. It doesnt happen. Cee Dee has turned the for the better and i wasnt the biggest fan of the pick and i can admit that. I didnt think he would grow this year, he did, whether that leads to a playoff win or not is not based on that stat. our WR became a star this year, just be done with that fact.
What do you mean grow he had a career year last year better than anything amari Cooper's ever done in his career with nothing to protect him on the other side.. He's literally grown every year he's gotten better every single year I don't even see this as a next step he was doing this last year and got no credit for it at least now he's got a little bit more of a threat at wide receiver this year to help take some coverage off him and that's why he's on a better pace but this has never been a problem with CD lamb CD lamb like all receivers are gonna have games where they focus just try to stop them and it happens how many times has Trayvon diggs shut down Justin Jefferson?? almsot every time I'm pretty sure Trayvon diggs also had pretty good game against jamar chase they literally bracketed CD lamb in zone all game they were going to make sure somebody else had to make some plays..

But saying you're surprised he's growing what have you been watching he's turned himself from a #2 receiver to a number one in three short years and then now it's turned him into it himself into a franchise wide receiver that's due up for a big contract he's taking steps every year I mean not just the catches this dude running from the slot it reverses pitches I mean he's a complete player..

In my opinion he's better than Amari Cooper not by a lot but I think he's just better he's more reliable he's less injured and he can do more from all over the field... Why am I bringing up Amari Cooper because people said that CD would never be able to be his own number one without the protection of Cooper they were wrong he's gotten better since Cooper left... We're talking about a $22 million player that needed to be released because he was dragging down the salary cap and Jerry bean blasted for letting it happen but now we see why they knew what they had in CD.

Creeper

Reaction score
I think that 17 play drive should worry Dallas just a little bit. They seen to struggle at times with a running attack mixed with short passes. It is really hard to complain about a 33-10 win though.

Dallas's weakness is if they do not score points on offense and their defense has to play the run and the pass. Once they are playing with a lead, they are pretty lights out on defense.

plasticman

Reaction score
As I recall, the "weaknesses" at the beginning of the season included Dak's INT's, a lack of viable receivers other than Lamb, poor LB play, injuries to the O-line starters, no effective 2nd RB, and uncertainty at the kicker position.

Since these have been mostly resolved, we now have new "weaknesses" like "can't beat a winning team" which was thoroughly tested by a total of 2 games this season.

Apparently the prediction here is for the Cowboys to go 2-5 for the remainder of the season and finish 9-8. I just don't see it.

ShiningStar

Reaction score
What do you mean grow he had a career year last year better than anything amari Cooper's ever done in his career with nothing to protect him on the other side.. He's literally grown every year he's gotten better every single year I don't even see this as a next step he was doing this last year and got no credit for it at least now he's got a little bit more of a threat at wide receiver this year to help take some coverage off him and that's why he's on a better pace but this has never been a problem with CD lamb CD lamb like all receivers are gonna have games where they focus just try to stop them and it happens how many times has Trayvon diggs shut down Justin Jefferson?? almsot every time I'm pretty sure Trayvon diggs also had pretty good game against jamar chase they literally bracketed CD lamb in zone all game they were going to make sure somebody else had to make some plays..

But saying you're surprised he's growing what have you been watching he's turned himself from a #2 receiver to a number one in three short years and then now it's turned him into it himself into a franchise wide receiver that's due up for a big contract he's taking steps every year I mean not just the catches this dude running from the slot it reverses pitches I mean he's a complete player..

In my opinion he's better than Amari Cooper not by a lot but I think he's just better he's more reliable he's less injured and he can do more from all over the field... Why am I bringing up Amari Cooper because people said that CD would never be able to be his own number one without the protection of Cooper they were wrong he's gotten better since Cooper left... We're talking about a $22 million player that needed to be released because he was dragging down the salary cap and Jerry bean blasted for letting it happen but now we see why they knew what they had in CD.
considering tehy are two different style of WR's of course you dont see it, but its ok. Good way to let everyone know. And yes, Cee Dee has grown as his awareness and decciisons have gotten better.

btcutter

Reaction score
every playoff game, we struggle to catch passes in traffic. even today lamb alligator armed a pass over the middle. as great as lamb is, we re missing a dez or Witten who can dominate in tight coverage. im hoping Tolbert can become that or maybe Ferguson
That's not our problem.

Problems:
One dimensional offense. We can't run the ball efficiently especially against good teams.
Run defense is still a concern.

I like Rico. But he has only 1 gear which is running at full speed all the time. Good RBs knows when to be patient then suddenly accelerate through openings.

blueblood70

Reaction score
considering tehy are two different style of WR's of course you dont see it, but its ok. Good way to let everyone know. And yes, Cee Dee has grown as his awareness and decciisons have gotten better.
I see it but it doesn't matter that makes city land more valuable because his type of wide receiver can be utilized all over the field versus amari being basically an outside guy so yeah we got the better of the two as our number one because most teams can't afford the key that much talent at one position that are gonna get that kind of pay they saw what was coming ahead for all the contracts that were gonna have to give out and they had to make a decision and I say they made the right decision

I'm sorry you don't see that but apparently the Raiders and the Cowboys made the same decision so somehow amari Cooper turned into Jerry Rice and in my opinion he's not even as good as Terrell Owens yes amari Cooper is a very good number one, but his notoriety is blown way out of proportion,

Look he came at the perfect time, he helped this team for three years but also was his time to go... it's a business decision if you don't understand that that's too bad it had to happen it happens to some better players out there, I mean look what happened to Dalvin cook and Dhop both got CUT no trades made getting a 5th like we got Cook and Gilmore for the same compensation is pretty normal for league with these types of players.

ShiningStar

Reaction score
I see it but it doesn't matter that makes city land more valuable because his type of wide receiver can be utilized all over the field versus amari being basically an outside guy so yeah we got the better of the two as our number one because most teams can't afford the key that much talent at one position that are gonna get that kind of pay they saw what was coming ahead for all the contracts that were gonna have to give out and they had to make a decision and I say they made the right decision

I'm sorry you don't see that but apparently the Raiders and the Cowboys made the same decision so somehow amari Cooper turned into Jerry Rice and in my opinion he's not even as good as Terrell Owens yes amari Cooper is a very good number one, but his notoriety is blown way out of proportion,

Look he came at the perfect time, he helped this team for three years but also was his time to go... it's a business decision if you don't understand that that's too bad it had to happen it happens to some better players out there, I mean look what happened to Dalvin cook and Dhop both got CUT no trades made getting a 5th like we got Cook and Gilmore for the same compensation is pretty normal for league with these types of players.

im not arguging the Amari case. I agree, but i do feel CeeDee turned a corner and became the WR we wanted to see vs the WR some of us expected. Its a win for all.

Joe Realist

No Kool-Aid here!
Reaction score
The Panthers had success running. Look at the yards per carry. better teams are going to run. Enjoy this now because once December comes it’s going to get ugly.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Listening to the media they still are saying we beat the .500 and below teams but don’t beat the better teams. We can only play the teams in front of us on our schedule. We should have beaten egirls. But shoulda woulda coulda. We have to beat these teams coming up. Big games coming we need to get better and these lower ranked teams are a good thing to practice our plays. Yesterday I felt like we played around too much. Those 2 wildcat plays were a waste but they wanted to try them.

75boyz

Reaction score
Running the ball is a definite weakness and will end up causing us to go home in the playoffs.
Stopping the run is less of a weakness than in the past but is still there.

kskboys

Reaction score
Running the ball is a definite weakness and will end up causing us to go home in the playoffs.
Well said.

I don't see a clock eating facet to our O. When playing good teams, especially in the playoffs, sooner or later that comes into play. SF and Atl both lost a super bowl due specifically to that.

quickccc

Reaction score
That's what I fear too.

Not being able to run the ball, ..thus we'll have to rely on Dak's arm, our OL, Quinn's defense and Bones special teams to advance us to the promise land.

But that is what has happened the last 2 years vs Niners, the very same team that has bumped us outta
the playoffs !

So What will we have this year that will be that deciding hurdle over the Niners come playoff time ?
it doesn't look like it will be our RBs cuz they are so ineffective in both run and pass game

I really think it would have to be Brandin Cooks factor ..and McCarthy's play calling ... but plenty going on between now and then.

quickccc

Reaction score
Listening to the media they still are saying we beat the .500 and below teams but don’t beat the better teams. We can only play the teams in front of us on our schedule. We should have beaten egirls. But shoulda woulda coulda. We have to beat these teams coming up. Big games coming we need to get better and these lower ranked teams are a good thing to practice our plays. Yesterday I felt like we played around too much. Those 2 wildcat plays were a waste but they wanted to try them.
Who are the better NFL teams remaining on our schedule that pose a threat to us ..??

11Nov. 19@Carolina PanthersNoon
12Nov. 23vsWashington Commanders (Thu)3:30 pm
13Nov. 30vsSeattle Seahawks (TNF)7:15 p,m,
14Dec. 10vsPhiladelphia Eagles (SNF)7:20 p.m.
15Dec. 17atBuffalo Bills3:25 p.m.
16Dec. 24atMiami Dolphins3:25 p.m.
17Dec. 30vsDetroit Lions (Saturday – ESPN)7:15 p.m.
18Jan. 6/7atWashington CommandersTBD

glimmerman

Reaction score
Who are the better NFL teams remaining on our schedule that pose a threat to us ..??

11Nov. 19@Carolina PanthersNoon
12Nov. 23vsWashington Commanders (Thu)3:30 pm
13Nov. 30vsSeattle Seahawks (TNF)7:15 p,m,
14Dec. 10vsPhiladelphia Eagles (SNF)7:20 p.m.
15Dec. 17atBuffalo Bills3:25 p.m.
16Dec. 24atMiami Dolphins3:25 p.m.
17Dec. 30vsDetroit Lions (Saturday – ESPN)7:15 p.m.
18Jan. 6/7atWashington CommandersTBD
5 of them. Looks like.. seahags - maybe..
Then egirls - maybe. But then we got bills, fins, and lions that are better teams. Gonna be about over a month of teams that will test us. If we can get through those teams we will be hardened if we can get by without injuries…

glimmerman

Reaction score
Right there was far more issues than that game then our receivers... I think we just had a team get away with a bunch of pass interference calls played very physical lot of illegal contact and playing zone and made it difficult to throw... I don't see it as a big problem they still won the game they still moved the ball they just had to do it at a different pace than the last few weeks... Kudos to Carolina for making this a very hard start to the game because I think the team could benefit from that going into Washington.. They know that they had some works in this game even though they won by 23 and that's always gonna be positive when you can take a learning lesson from a win especially when you gotta play three games in 12 days...
And look at the teams we play after Thanksgiving. We are going to be tested. I like it. If we can’t beat out these teams then we are one and done in the playoffs.. Our O-line did better in some ways but I saw Martin get beat on a few times this game.. Was eye opening. And it seemed we tried some things like the wildcat that failed during this game. Dak threw more and we ran less. About 38 pass and 20 runs. We need to run a bigger back early like Dowdle but I am guessing JJ is wanting his 10 million dollar RB on the field..

75boyz

Reaction score
Well said.

I don't see a clock eating facet to our O. When playing good teams, especially in the playoffs, sooner or later that comes into play. SF and Atl both lost a super bowl due specifically to that.
Nice.
Outstanding examples too man.