Still juiced about Deuce

_sturt_

Reaction score
he didn't have this Darren Sproles elusiveness that was being talked about.
You can ask a RB to make one guy miss in the backfield. You can't ask a RB to make 3 and 4 guys miss in the backfield, and that's what Deuce was regularly up against.

Jarntt, you must have missed class the day they talked about small sample size and internal validity in that research methods course you took. In fact, you might've overlooked that entire chapter in the book on internal validity. Just sayin.

Put plainly, you're just really wrong on this one.

Aven8

Reaction score
Comparing his tape at KState to all the RB’s that came out this year in the draft is not even close. He’s tough and can run up the middle. He’s just short. Make that height become a strength.

Jarntt

Reaction score
Jarntt, you must have missed class the day they talked about small sample size and internal validity in that research methods course you took. In fact, you might've overlooked that entire chapter in the book on internal validity. Just sayin.

Put plainly, you're just really wrong on this one.
First off you are promoting him based on what he did in College where players are slower and smaller. Second, you just seem to be grasping at straws and wishing it to come true when clearly there was a role up for grabs last year and the team didn't see fit to give it to him. Lastly, like I said, I really really hope you are right, but I don't think he is a Cowboy in 2025.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Fat Mike misused him and simply ignored him. We cant judge the kid fairly unless he actually gets meaningful in game totes. In college the kid was a stud against elite NFL players. Someone better tell me how he suddenly can't be good against NFL players. It was criminal the way he was mismanaged. He aint Barry Sanders, but he isnt a bust either. He needs at least 10 reps a game. Get him in space. Hes actually good between the tackles too. Hard to find. Hes more like Joe Morris back in the day.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I just believe this shiftiness, this acceleration, and the fact it's just hard to square up or grab hold of such a compact tough runner... getting legit snaps behind our first string line (something that almost never happened in his rookie season, if ever)... is going to silence all the naysayers and handringers and nervous Nellies in his 2nd year. I mean, just look at this kid's tape. I'm going to say it... there's a lot of Barry Sanders and Darren Sproles in Christopher Vaughn II.

Just a reminder of what he brings to the table...

nah, I moved on. he was a gadget. it didn't work out.

blueblood70

Reaction score
The man didn't have a spot last year because he does basically everything that Turpin does,

Turpin didn't get hurt they used lamb way too much behind the line of scrimmage running and then when you add in Pollard there just wasn't any room for the man I think the coaches are at fault for the way the run game looked last year they literally should have been running Rico dowdell in zeke's old role they should have been using Tony and Tony's actual role that he had behind Zeke and they should have found a way to work Turpin in more as a wide receiver and then allowed deuce to do his thing I do have high hopes for the guy that he's going to find a role here and that he could do everything Turpin does that's the problem , I'm not saying they're clones because they look a little different body wise but as far as what they do in the pro game, it's the same....

So, if I was a coach I would literally get Turpin twice as many snaps at wide receiver in the slot this year and try to make him the number three wide receiver, also lets not use lamb in runs behind the LOS, I know there's going to be a rotation there and they're trying to get Tolbert involved and there might be other guys but give more snaps on special teams to Deuce end also give him some opportunities, very little but maybe 3-5 a game where you use him on stretch plays as a running back again, very much the same thing that Turpin does and that is the only reason that deuce isn't getting on the field..​
IMHO it has nothing to do with his size that he can't play because no man that finishes that's the only three players along with Darren Sproles and Lockett to have 5000 all-purpose yards in college you can't do that and you can't look at his highlights and say he can't play what he can't do is be asked to just come up and clean and mop up duty and not actually be utilized for what he's good for...​

In my opinion the coaching staff forced Tony Pollard because he was making $10 million and because everyone said he could be a number one he also claimed himself to say he could just tote the rock as many times you want to hand it to him they try to make him a short yardage guy and a goal line guy which by the way I find ironic everyone's ripping on zeke I remember exact words coming from some of you saying that Zeke was stealing touchdowns, the easy touchdowns from Tony Pollard and that he could very much had replaced those 12 touchdowns that Zeke had ,given the opportunity and it and like Maury Povich would say, that was a lie!
So in my opinion the coaching staff completely fumbled this yes pun intended they ran out the wrong guys in the wrong rotations last year and how they didn't see this I don't know I feel like they forced Tony Pollard they ruined the whole entire rotation and that is why deuce didn't get his shot because I didn't even know how to use the other guys...

Rayman70

Reaction score
As long as he doesn't have to block, I'm okay with him getting snaps.
In College he did everything that was asked well. Lets ask Bama what they thought of him after he ran for something like 200 on them. How many NFL players just got drafted the last 2 years off that Bama defense? I think MM and his scheme needs to tailor some plays for him that he does well going back to college. It was stupid expecting him to run a dive into the teeth of a defense when our center play was so mundane and soft.

reddyuta

Reaction score
with a better Center in Beebe we can use him properly,key is he needs initial space to work through .

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
A couple of well-designed plays to get the ball in his hands in space is all that needs to take place initially.
Have to accomplish that task first.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I've said it a couple of times already. What you've seen, though, was practically never the starting O-line but behind some cobbled together group in preseason or a mop-up group at the end of regular season games.

Broaddus has this right...

You can ask a RB to make one guy miss in the backfield. You can't ask a RB to make 3 and 4 guys miss in the backfield, and that's what Deuce was too regularly up against.

That wasn;t just Duece. Zeke, Tony...all of 'em. Just a shippy oline run blocking and scheme.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Fat Mike misused him and simply ignored him. We cant judge the kid fairly unless he actually gets meaningful in game totes. In college the kid was a stud against elite NFL players. Someone better tell me how he suddenly can't be good against NFL players. It was criminal the way he was mismanaged. He aint Barry Sanders, but he isnt a bust either. He needs at least 10 reps a game. Get him in space. Hes actually good between the tackles too. Hard to find. Hes more like Joe Morris back in the day.
College sends SOME NFL players. NFL has ALL NFL players.

If he's as good as you say you;d think Cowboys would've used him. But I get the distrust of player management.

Creeper

Reaction score
I just think Deuce is a very long shot to make it in the NFL. To me it looks like his legs are short, even for a short guy like him.