Still just beating crappy teams

nobody

Reaction score
So, it doesn't matter to you HOW we are beating them? Did the so-called best team in the NFL blow out Washington?
Yes, but in the end, what matters most is the W-L column, not the point divide. You can score a billion points against winless teams but that doesn't get you to the SB. Winning when it matters is what does.

The OP is right in that the Cowboys need to work on that aspect, but they're heading in the right direction and unlike other years, the offense -and- defense are both firing on all cylinders in the same games. It's exciting if they can keep that going.

CowboyinMD

Reaction score
Yup...and we lost to the 49ers and eagleS....so we did t beat who was good on our schedule
Well, both of those games were on the road, so there's that. It's hard to win on the road in the NFL. Ask the last 12 teams that have played at AT&T.

So when the Cowboys beat the Eagles in a few weeks, what are y'all gonna say? "It doesn't matter because it was a home game..how about beating these top teams on the road?" ...which is the hardest thing to do in the NFL by the way. Show me an NFL team with a winning road record against teams leading the division (like Philly and SF). Others may say, "beating Philly won't matter because it's not going to get us the division...that ship has already sailed."

Look, we get it. Dallas needs to win a DIVISIONAL playoff game on the ROAD. We've already gotten past the WC round, including last year on the road in Tampa Bay. Nothing that happens over the next month-plus is going to answer the question on whether or not Dallas will make it past the divisional round...gotta wait and see how it goes when we get there. You just never know..

plasticman

Reaction score
If these games were two point squeakers then the OP might have a point.

However,

The Cowboys didn't just beat these team, they destroyed them. They treated 10 point betting lines like they were insults.

The Cowboys are averaging over +15 in margin, #1 in the league even before this game.

And we all know that as soon as the Cowboys defeat these winning teams the narrative will shift to the playoff games.

I've been a fan for a while now and, believe it or not, even when the Cowboys win the Super Bowl again, some entitled so-called fans still won't be satisfied.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
All of our wins except the Chargers have been blowouts. Can't complain that they are not only beating almost all of the teams they should, they are also blowing the doors off of nearly all of them.

Dale

Forum Architect
Reaction score
I realize team success doesn’t carry over year to year, but last year we were 5-1 against teams with winning record and won a playoff game as well.

I don't have confidence we can go into SF and beat them, but I am not generally worried about our ability to beat “good” teams.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
Yeah yeah I know Debby downer on Thanksgiving...

Beat the teams on your schedule yeah yeah...I get it.

But...last 3 games we beat the giants, panthers and Commanders with a combined record of 8-25

Sure we beat the crap out of bad teams but that's about all we did...should we beat Seattle and then the eagles we can talk.

But for now, don't take the cheese, we beat bad teams we lose to good ones...until we do something different
Relax and have another piece of pie....... :facepalm:

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
If you can't enjoy the ride OP......like at all.......it might be time to find something else to do with your time. This fandom thing ain't for you.

I loved the game today. I don't care if they're a "lesser" team, it's fun rolling division opponents....AND....we got to see Bland make NFL history to boot. Fantastic afternoon.
That's why I like you, you get it! :thumbup:

Kwyn

Reaction score
Y93UhLJ.png

But...last 3 games we beat the giants, panthers and Commanders with a combined record of 8-25

Sure we beat the crap out of bad teams but that's about all we did...should we beat Seattle and then the eagles we can talk.

But for now, don't take the cheese, we beat bad teams we lose to good ones...until we do something different

Carter

Reaction score
We should have beat the Eagles but got shafted by the Refs, some coaching errors and individual mistakes.

We are beating the sub .500 teams like HS Teams so i still will enjoy that.

We will see what we do with the Eagles at our house. If we stay healthy i see us favourites.

Reactions: G2

ErikWilliamsHeadSlap

Reaction score
If we beat the Eagles 77-0 it wont matter. Some on here will find an excuse to hate. It is bizarre. Just enjoy the win for what it is. Or do your self a favour and find another way to spend your free time. Sports obviously isn't for you.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score

I get what (and probably why you're saying it). It's a great win, but it's tempered by the opposition (and remembering Buccs/9ers play-off games)......we did what what we had to do.....and we did it very well.

This part of the schedule's been kind with it ramping up pretty much on a weekly basis.....at the moment we're able to maintain this high level of performance let's hope it continues.

shabazz

Reaction score
Since this is amazing and meaningful and strength of opponent should be totally disregarded, there should be ZERO EXCUSES if this team doesn’t get to or win a NFC Championship game…..can’t have it both ways.

If its genuine, they should wipe the floor with ANY opponent when the time comes…..it will validate all this hype

DuncanIso

Reaction score
The Commodes are probably better than their record. Howell is not a terrible QB. They hung with the Eagles twice. Nearly beat the Seahawks in Seattle. Yes, they are a team we are supposed to beat and we did so handily, but it seems like the game was closer for longer than the final score indicates. I don't think it was meaningless win, especially on the short week.
Take the win. 8)

Wash needs some work. Their OL needs help.

They can beat us. Need to watch out for them in the 2nd game.

1972COWBOY

Reaction score

I totally agree with you but it doesn't mean we cant be giddy about a sweet holiday win. Who remembers the last Washington T-Day game with Dez strutting on the sideline, that was so fun. It was a great night last night no matter what. Let the petty fines for jumping in the pot come in, it was all worth it.

Jipper

Reaction score
Well this thread has been fun, thanks for joining me on the journey - here's hoping in 2 weeks we are talking about actually beating a good team in Philly!

Happy post Thanksgiving guys and gals