Still just beating crappy teams

Jipper

Reaction score
This had been fun- I still love my many friends on here and was not trying to piss anyone off - rather remind that we are still lacking signature wins.

Happy Thanksgiving friends and looking forward to Seattle!

ryanbabs

Reaction score
Yeah yeah I know Debby downer on Thanksgiving...

Beat the teams on your schedule yeah yeah...I get it.

But...last 3 games we beat the giants, panthers and Commanders with a combined record of 8-25

Sure we beat the crap out of bad teams but that's about all we did...should we beat Seattle and then the eagles we can talk.

But for now, don't take the cheese, we beat bad teams we lose to good ones...until we do something different
Look what Detroit did today. Be thankful this Thanksgiving…

stiletto

Reaction score
People are pissed because he's right.
It is what it is.. Unless you play the top 6 or 7 best teams and beat them every week, there are questions... I'll NEVER apologize for pounding a Washington team on TG.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
The only issue I have with this is the OP and many others on here will likely never be happy outside of maybe a Super Bowl victory. Everything said was factual but The goal post will just continue to get moved as things change. Beat Seattle next week and all of a sudden they are not a very good team as they’ve lost 3 straight. Beat Philly the following week and the narrative changes to let’s see how they do in the playoffs. First time they stumble in the tough stretch upcoming and they suck again.

I get it, but at some point you have to enjoy the fact that the team is both winning and doing so in impressive fashion while actually developing players most in here thought were done or never has beens.

Jipper

Reaction score
The only issue I have with this is the OP and many others on here will likely never be happy outside of maybe a Super Bowl victory. Everything said was factual but The goal post will just continue to get moved as things change. Beat Seattle next week and all of a sudden they are not a very good team as they’ve lost 3 straight. Beat Philly the following week and the narrative changes to let’s see how they do in the playoffs. First time they stumble in the tough stretch upcoming and they suck again.

I get it, but at some point you have to enjoy the fact that the team is both winning and doing so in impressive fashion while actually developing players most in here thought were done or never has beens.
Untrue- I'd be floored with a divisional round win - problem is at this point regular season wins have lost meaning bc of the issues in the playoffz

EJK24

Reaction score
In not on....
The fact that we are posting threads like this the day of a win is beyond crazy. Blow a team out Thanksgiving and somehow there's a reason to debate the quality of a win. Can't pick your opponents and apparently blowing them out isn't enough. This place is hard to make any logical sense of way too often these days.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
It's more of a vent thread for those of us that feel the way we do
There are quite a few people who have suffered through this drought since 1995.

Then there are some of us who suffered through the drought from 1960 to 1966.

It's tough on all of us. But I will never understand racing to this site to repeat a stat everyone knows about the rancid results since 1995.

Or for a fan to give up hope. Because, as the years stack together of also-rans, there will be a year when they stand up and win it all. At some point in the future. It's easy to say they won't. Frankly it's difficult having any veneration for a fan who feels like rubbing past results in the face of fans who are enjoying this season.

Jipper

Reaction score
There are quite a few people who have suffered through this drought since 1995.

Then there are some of us who suffered through the drought from 1960 to 1966.

It's tough on all of us. But I will never understand racing to this site to repeat a stat everyone knows about the rancid results since 1995.

Or for a fan to give up hope. Because, as the years stack together of also-rans, there will be a year when they stand up and win it all. At some point in the future. It's easy to say they won't. Frankly it's difficult having any veneration for a fan who feels like rubbing past results in the face of fans who are enjoying this season.
I wish I had your stamina buddy, I was 10 in 1992 and living in Dallas it was the most formative experience a nfl could have - now at 41 with 3 kids 3, 7, 9 iam trying to pass that to them but without living in Dallas and without playoff success it's hard

DFWJC

Reaction score
Beat who is front of is all you can do.

But yes, we are
8-1 vs losing teams
0-2 vs winning teams

I love what I see but we need to win a tough road game to show we can advance in the playoffs
Even a home win vs Philly wont tell me as much as a road win at Buffalo and Miami

Jipper

Reaction score
The fact that we are posting threads like this the day of a win is beyond crazy. Blow a team out Thanksgiving and somehow there's a reason to debate the quality of a win. Can't pick your opponents and apparently blowing them out isn't enough. This place is hard to make any logical sense of way too often these days.
No not crazy- real

It's ok to be real and realize we literally have not beaten a winning team this year

Not to say we aren't a good team but we need to keep things in perspective- that was my point

Jipper

Reaction score
Beat who is front of is all you can do.

But yes, we are
8-1 vs losing teams
0-2 vs winning teams

I love what I see but we need to win a tough road game to show we can advance in the playoffs
Even a home win vs Philly wont tell me as much as a road win at Buffalo and Miami
Spot on- let's kick the crap out of Seattle and Philly!

EJK24

Reaction score
No not crazy- real

It's ok to be real and realize we literally have not beaten a winning team this year

Not to say we aren't a good team but we need to keep things in perspective- that was my point
I'm not questioning how good the teams are we beat. You took zero time to enjoy another good win because you'd rather find something like that to point out over taking a good win.

I'm not saying you're wrong in your evaluation of what's happened, just think it's a crappy way to look at things immediately following the game. I respect your opinion but not much else to say about your approach to the win.

GINeric

Reaction score

But...last 3 games we beat the giants, panthers and Commanders with a combined record of 8-25

Sure we beat the crap out of bad teams but that's about all we did...should we beat Seattle and then the eagles we can talk.

But for now, don't take the cheese, we beat bad teams we lose to good ones...until we do something different

There is no we. Your whiney weak *** is just mad because you root for one of the teams we destroyed. Carry your weak *** on over to your own board. Don't bring your anger over here because your parents served you KFC and Ramen noodles for Thanksgiving.

Last edited:

doomsday9084

Reaction score
Meh. This is a really good team. I wouldn't be surprised if they go 4-1 versus Seattle, Detroit, Miami, Buffalo and Philly. When that happens, the goalposts are just going to move to "you haven't done it in the postseason".

SF is their kryptonite though.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score

Shut it.