Still just beating crappy teams

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
What are they supposed to do lose to them? I didn't realize the Cowboys made out the schedules

THEHEREAFTER

Reaction score
Yeah yeah I know Debby downer on Thanksgiving...

Beat the teams on your schedule yeah yeah...I get it.

But...last 3 games we beat the giants, panthers and Commanders with a combined record of 8-25

Sure we beat the crap out of bad teams but that's about all we did...should we beat Seattle and then the eagles we can talk.

But for now, don't take the cheese, we beat bad teams we lose to good ones...until we do something different
Why not just shut up until we play a "good" team? Solves everything.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I wish I had your stamina buddy, I was 10 in 1992 and living in Dallas it was the most formative experience a nfl could have - now at 41 with 3 kids 3, 7, 9 iam trying to pass that to them but without living in Dallas and without playoff success it's hard
I have followed the Texas Rangers since they came to the Dallas area. I watched them with one out to go to win it all back in 2011 and Nelson Cruz muffed a fly ball. One out and it was gone.

I watched this season when the Rangers couldn't buy a win in late August and September.

They are the world champions now. One of the things i have noticed is when you don't trust the team to win, and they do, then you are left with a hollow feeling that the season ended and you missed the joy of winning.

Just my opinion.

Jipper

Reaction score
Meh. This is a really good team. I wouldn't be surprised if they go 4-1 versus Seattle, Detroit, Miami, Buffalo and Philly. When that happens, the goalposts are just going to move to "you haven't done it in the postseason".

SF is their kryptonite though.
4-1 and I’d be stoked!!!

Jipper

Reaction score
I have followed the Texas Rangers since they came to the Dallas area. I watched them with one out to go to win it all back in 2011 and Nelson Cruz muffed a fly ball. One out and it was gone.

I watched this season when the Rangers couldn't buy a win in late August and September.

They are the world champions now. One of the things i have noticed is when you don't trust the team to win, and they do, then you are left with a hollow feeling that the season ended and you missed the joy of winning.

Just my opinion.
I don’t know much about baseball but I dig the analogy, would be cool to see the cowboys do something we don’t expect

cowboys1732

Reaction score
I guess I can understand replying to one of threads that implies Cowboys are going to the Super Bowl, or this is our year with “they haven’t beat anybody yet” or “let's take it one game at a time.” But to start a thread after solid win just seems like trolling. I just don’t understand why some of you just don’t jump off the bandwagon and stop watching. It‘s annoying because you can and will say I told you so if they fail.

mmohican29

Reaction score

But...last 3 games we beat the giants, panthers and Commanders with a combined record of 8-25

Sure we beat the crap out of bad teams but that's about all we did...should we beat Seattle and then the eagles we can talk.

But for now, don't take the cheese, we beat bad teams we lose to good ones...until we

But for now, don't take the cheese, we beat bad teams we lose to good ones...until we do something different
Dude the league is stock full of trash teams. *** are we doing differently than anyone else?

What do you want a season mid-point elimination rule? Anyone 2 games under .500 is done and fans tickets refunded?

All it takes is getting hot @ the right time and a fringe playoff team can go all the way.

The Cowboys are 8-3 with a bunch of decent clubs coming up.

For now, they've shot par with the lone exception being Arizona, but probably gained a W with the miscalculations of what some thought would be good teams.

If you didn't know how the Cowboys schedule would actually be going in- you would take 8-3 and run vs an unknown record.

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
Yup they're just holding serve until they get to the REAL tests coming up in December. Every test has easy questions that most people will answer correctly. Then there are the difficult questions that will separate the A students from the Bs and Cs.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score

And how were we supposed to fix that today or do you just want to complain?

nobody

Reaction score
I know. I'm talking to the people who come here to complain about your complaint.
What about the people that want to complain about your comment about the complaining about the complaint? Can we complain about that or are we getting into Complain Inception? Will it spark some kind of riot? Was there something in the Turkey this year that made people more hostile, like some kind of gamma-irradiated mutant turkey that turns all of our inner Hulks on and makes us want to smash everything? Cause what I saw in the field today was "COWBOYS SMASH!"

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
What about the people that want to complain about your comment about the complaining about the complaint? Can we complain about that or are we getting into Complain Inception? Will it spark some kind of riot? Was there something in the Turkey this year that made people more hostile, like some kind of gamma-irradiated mutant turkey that turns all of our inner Hulks on and makes us want to smash everything? Cause what I saw in the field today was "COWBOYS SMASH!"
Eh, people can complain about me all they want, as long as I still get paid...Oh wait, I meant to say that to my boss................as long as they're complaining about something new, I don't care.

TXdvsz

Reaction score
We have 0 wins against winning (.500+) teams this year and 1 loss to the 2-9 Cardinals. While I enjoy the wins I refuse to be sucked in again after we've lived through the last several seasons. I'm hopeful that we can pull off some "Any Given Sunday" miracles as we meander into the playoffs. This Team still has work to do to see a successful playoff run.