Still want to defend David Irving?

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think the comp pick theory is as good as any for why the team hasn't released him already. They'll let this play out and see if anyone else is willing to take on this headache. If someone does, the Cowboys would at least get something for their troubles.

That is the only reason I want him around. And hope some team desperate for defense signs him.
Seems like ever since we put the defensive smack down on Brees and the Saints. Defense is back now. And teams this off season will be building their defenses.

For some reason I can see the Bengals signing Irving.

Sydla

Reaction score
Remember when the Cowboys were stupid to only give him a second round tender when they should have given him a first round one?

LOL. Good times. The Cowboys were hoping beyond hope someone was dumb enough to sign him and hand over their 2nd rounder to us. They were basically begging for someone to do that.

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Same stuff was said about dumping Gregory last year. Let's give the FO the benefit of the doubt here. They've been right about not dumping #94 when things looked bad to the fans.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Marijuana he got suspended 4 games for.

Xanax they found in his system.

He's been medicated with opiods and other pain killers and stated this off season that every game he's played in he's been medicated.

There were posters earlier in the season who had some links and posts to cocaine.

Irving has admitted that his issues he is rehabilitating are for substance abuse and if he's no good for himself he's no good for football.

They can't clearly come out and say each and every substance because there's privacy policies and rightfully so.
This is the post whatever you want and see if it sticks thread.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That is the only reason I want him around. And hope some team desperate for defense signs him.
Seems like ever since we put the defensive smack down on Brees and the Saints. Defense is back now. And teams this off season will be building their defenses.

For some reason I can see the Bengals signing Irving.

I hope so. The team should get something for all of the crap they've put up with from this bonehead.

But I'll honestly be surprised if he ever plays again. The stupidity, ignorance, and indifference is so strong with this guy that I can more likely see him throwing all of his opportunities away like Rolando McClain did. The only difference would be that McClain had gotten one big contract first.

If and when Irving ever gets it, few if anybody will care at that point. And it's sad to see.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Remember when the Cowboys were stupid to only give him a second round tender when they should have given him a first round one?

LOL. Good times. The Cowboys were hoping beyond hope someone was dumb enough to sign him and hand over their 2nd rounder to us. They were basically begging for someone to do that.

I'll admit to being one of those. I had no idea that the guy was this dumb.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Same stuff was said about dumping Gregory last year. Let's give the FO the benefit of the doubt here. They've been right about not dumping #94 when things looked bad to the fans.

Remember when suspension was the thing keeping Gregory away?

Remember when Gregory actually went to rehab and made the effort to do something to change his circumstances?

Apparently not.

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Remember when suspension was the thing keeping Gregory away?

Remember when Gregory actually went to rehab and made the effort to do something to change his circumstances?

Apparently not.

You have no idea what's keeping him away. Let's leave this to the FO.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Booger is a man of many chances and I do not believe that is just to have someone play for him. If he feels Irving's playing football is part of the solution to his problems much larger than a sport, he will return.

I have no idea what the man is dealing with and don't feel like casting stones in his direction. Garrett is pretty tight lipped about him for a reason and I respect that.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You have no idea what's keeping him away. Let's leave this to the FO.

What's "keeping him away" from attending meetings and games? Oh, that's right - nothing.

Stop being another enabler.

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
Booger is a man of many chances and I do not believe that is just to have someone play for him. If he feels Irving's playing football is part of the solution to his problems much larger than a sport, he will return.

I have no idea what the man is dealing with and don't feel like casting stones in his direction. Garrett is pretty tight lipped about him for a reason and I respect that.

Look at you being all non-judgemental :muttley:

Sydla

Reaction score
I'll admit to being one of those. I had no idea that the guy was this dumb.

When the Cowboys only put the 2nd round tender on him, that was a clear sign to me that they were perfectly OK with him not being a member of the team. If they really valued his talent and his performance and wanted him to be a member of this team, they would have first round tendered him. I think they were basically daring and hoping someone would be enthralled with his skill set and send us a pick.

One of the few things I appear to have gotten right. LOL.

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What's "keeping him away" from attending meetings and games? Oh, that's right - nothing.

Stop being another enabler.

No enabling here. My comment is- Let's just leave this to the FO as I know they know more about the situation than you or I.

Zordon

Reaction score
Now after those tweets/articles were posted- the following were posted

Dude! This is such a tease. C'mon David. Wake up. Play for teammates if nobody else. We need his pressure up the middle on Goff and Brees the next two weeks.

PhillyCowboysFan

Reaction score
The bottom line is none of us know the real issues involved.

Opinions, everyone has them! It just boggles my mind how so many people will form their opinions without all or if any information at all. If it is such an inexcusable problem he is having, why haven’t the Cowboys released him. There is obviously something that the organization concluded that they will stay the course with him.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
When the Cowboys only put the 2nd round tender on him, that was a clear sign to me that they were perfectly OK with him not being a member of the team. If they really valued his talent and his performance and wanted him to be a member of this team, they would have first round tendered him. I think they were basically daring and hoping someone would be enthralled with his skill set and send us a pick.

One of the few things I appear to have gotten right. LOL.

They certainly had more inside information on him that we did. The team got a lot right this offseason (and some wrong), but they knew what they were doing on that tender. Still, I don't think that gen they knew just how much of a screwup he was obviously capable of being.

Sydla

Reaction score
They certainly had more inside information on him that we did. The team got a lot right this offseason (and some wrong), but they knew what they were doing on that tender. Still, I don't think that gen they knew just how much of a screwup he was obviously capable of being.

It also forces the Cowboys to probably have to keep Crawford at that cap number, although I guess they could try to extend him and lower the cap hit going forward.

It also means we might be looking at some 3T DTs this offseason too. Collins, who has been really good recently, is still an injury risk and then there is Crawford.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No enabling here. My comment is- Let's just leave this to the FO as I know they know more about the situation than you or I.

There's no doubt about that!
:thumbup:

But it doesn't mean that I can't have an opinion about someone throwing a golden opportunity for a career away. And doing irreparable harm to his daughter's future along the way. It frustrates me to see people squander and throw away abaility and opportunity the way David Irving clearly is.