Stop saying Claiborne is a bust

Brooksey

Reaction score
We played man and zone before, and we're still playing both MAN and zone. Most of the plays Claiborne got beat were in MAN coverage.

No they were not. The were slants against the Zone where he has to determine when to release the WR to the LB or safeties. The only "Man" Play I saw him get beat on was an under thrown pass to Keenan Allen, that he stopped and went up for. Keenan Allen is a Good young WR and Rivers can throw.

Claiborne was right there.

Staubacher

Reaction score
No your'e a bust of a fan and border line troll. He played well last year as a rookie and is playing zone with a hurt shoulder. Did you ever dislocate your shoulder? It's not a 2 week injury.

Well I wasn't a first round plus a second pick. I was an undrafted fan. Open your eyes dude Claiborne didn't play well last year and he is God awful this year. He has shown nothing. Zip. He is a bust.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
It's his second season for crying out loud. Most corners usually don't come into their own until the 3rd year. Let's not forget that he's been playing through a very tough injury (shoulder) and a wrong scheme, arguably. Y'all are quick to pounce on someone after a bad game or two. Relax, he'll get better, I promise.

Benched. lol

Brooksey

Reaction score
Well I wasn't a first round plus a second pick. I was an undrafted fan. Open your eyes dude Claiborne didn't play well last year and he is God awful this year. He has shown nothing. Zip. He is a bust.

He's a very young player with tremendous talent. Mo is learning a new system and playing with a bad shoulder. He played well last year. When he learns the new system and has more confidence in his breaks...he will be a good one. If he never learns it...he will go to a team that plays press man and be a pro bowler.

Staubacher

Reaction score
He's a very young player with tremendous talent. Mo is learning a new system and playing with a bad shoulder. He played well last year. When he learns the new system and has more confidence in his breaks...he will be a good one. If he never learns it...he will go to a team that plays press man and be a pro bowler.

Nobody in the NFL has seen the tremendous talent. Phillip Rivers sure was looking his way though. Plus Claiborne is stupid and frail.

Bust

Bowdown27

Reaction score
I don't consider him a bust yet. He hasn't played well and has only 1 pick. He needs to get it together or he's gone when his contracts up.

Wolf2k5

Reaction score
We played man and zone before, and we're still playing both MAN and zone. Most of the plays Claiborne got beat were in MAN coverage.

Get out o here with your facts. Your killing the negative vibe.

jnday

Reaction score
He will get better. It will benefit the Cowboys. And piss off a large section of the fan base. I am excited to see that.

If he gets better, it is not going to piss off any of the fans. I have been as down on this team as any poster on this board, but I don't want the guy to be a bust. I hated the trade that was made to draft him and I said so on draft day, buy I want him to turn out to be the player that was expected. I had much rather be wrong about some of my negative views, but it seems like the negative views are much closer to reality.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
With the way the new rookie scale only guarantees you have a player for 4 years and that you'll have to pay a ton for that 5th season, you can't afford to wait for guys who are drafted in the top 5 to develop as though they were a 5th round pick.

Morris was (according to Jerry) the highest rated DB since Deion.

“Deion was special with his burst, but certainly, he is the best they have graded for us since Deion,” Jones said Thursday night after the Cowboys selected the LSU cornerback. “That would have included Deion after he came in here.”

Read more here: http://sportsblogs.star-telegram.co...n-sanders-jerry-jones-says.html#storylink=cpy

Think of all the good CBs who have been around in that time and Morris received a higher grade.

I don't want to hear anything about DBs usually producing in their 3rd year or whatever. That's BS and it's an excuse. This guy was not ever supposed to be just another DB. He was supposed to be a guy who would kill it.

He was up and down last year but he was a rookie. Dallas should be seeing improvement right now and he hasn't shown a thing yet. He's looked every bit as bad this year as he did at any point last year. I'd say he's regressed. Out of 101 CBs who have played 25% of their team's snaps, Morris is sitting at 99. The only good thing you can really say about him right now is at least he isn't Courtland Finnegan.

His 4 worst games thus far:

2012: Week 10 (-4.7)
2013: Week 4 (-3.8)
2012: Week 17 (-3.6)
2013: Week 1 (-3.5)

I was excited when they traded for him in that I thought Dallas would have a shutdown corner but he's not even solid at this point. He's been awful.

And I don't want to hear about schemes either because Brandon Carr doesn't seem to be caught out of position all the time.

There's a reason Stephen Jones has been calling him out and it's because he's not even in the ballpark in terms of meeting expectations. When is the last time this team called out a young player for not getting it done. I cannot think of another young player who has drawn the evil from management and there have certainly been some players who deserved it.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
If he gets better, it is not going to piss off any of the fans. I have been as down on this team as any poster on this board, but I don't want the guy to be a bust. I hated the trade that was made to draft him and I said so on draft day, buy I want him to turn out to be the player that was expected. I had much rather be wrong about some of my negative views, but it seems like the negative views are much closer to reality.

Nobody wants him to fail. The idea that people who can face reality and acknowledge that he is struggling are somehow rooting for him to fail is just stupid.

Nation

Reaction score
He's a bust in the sense that the team invested a 1st and 2nd round draft pick into the player and it hasn't come close to paying off on the field. He's not a bust in the sense that his story on the field is far from done being told. But so far he's a bad NFL player.

Ren

Reaction score
To early to call him a bust he's a man to man CB in a zone scheme he's well out of his comfort zone but he isn't really improving like you would expect and he hasn't gotten much better then he was week 1 last year and that has me worried

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Nobody wants him to fail. The idea that people who can face reality and acknowledge that he is struggling are somehow rooting for him to fail is just stupid.

Agree, no one wants him to fail and be labeled one of the biggest busts.

If I have a leaky water faucet(Jenkins/Newman) outside, first thing I want to do is fix it. I go out and buy a new faucet(Claiborne), it was the best on the market available at that time. After a short time, it too begins to leak. Aarggg, so I place duct tape around it and it only holds for a short period, begins leaking again. But alas, I remove the faucet to diagnose the problem(zone coverage and injuries) and the PVC pipe is cracked beneath it, that is what was causing the leaking! Repair the pipe(press and man coverage), screw on the faucet(healed Mo) and things just might work as intended.

Wow, that analogy will go over very well or extremely bad
:eek:

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
It's his second season for crying out loud.

For a second year he's been battling injuries if he can't stay healthy he's not going to pan out. Say what you will but so far he's been a huge disappointment.

jnday

Reaction score

The positive homer crowd has problems at times discussing legit problems with the team and assume that anybody that points the problems out is wanting the team to fail or that they are a troll. I don't think anybody that comes to these boards daily to discuss the Cowboys is wanting the team to fail. Actually, the team is playing at a level that makes the negative posters have some very good points on many issues

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
It's his second season for crying out loud. Most corners usually don't come into their own until the 3rd year. Let's not forget that he's been playing through a very tough injury (shoulder) and a wrong scheme, arguably. Y'all are quick to pounce on someone after a bad game or two. Relax, he'll get better, I promise.

at this point he is a bust. you expect yoru first round picks to contribute first year (outside of QBs, which have different development curves and processes). you expect them to be regular contributor in the second year. you expect top 10 picks to contribute immediatley and be a key player on the team by their second year.

getting benched...is not good. so at this point he is a bust.

Common Sense

Reaction score
LOL.

How's it not growing pains when multiple players are struggling in coverage?

"Now we're basically a zone team,” he said on his weekly ESPN Dallas radio show on 103.3 FM on Tuesday night. “You have to play within that zone. Everything is new to everybody. When guys come in and hit those big dig routes in between the zones, then of course the corner's there, so they're going to say, 'Oh, yeah, that's the corner.'

"It's still a transition. When we were in press, just faced up man-to-man, they only hit one ball on me. But overall, I think all my big plays come within the zone."

The fact that Claiborne is busy making excuses makes me think he doesn't accept responsibility, and that makes me think it's even more likely that he turns out to be a bust.

Also, the argument that there are more sucky players than Claiborne is completely illogical. Maybe Will Allen is just bad?

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Open your eyes dude Claiborne didn't play well last year and he is God awful this year. He has shown nothing. Zip. He is a bust.

I don't agree with one word of that post. He has been hurt and missed camp and changed scheme in only 18 months for crying out loud. He hasn't even had a chance.

DeaconMoss

Reaction score
And since we are on the bench train. Twill needs to sit. Witten needs to sit. Ware needs to sit. Romo needs to sit. I am not watching this game. This is a circus.