Stop saying Claiborne is a bust

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What's the basis for the talk yesterday that Mo was making excuses about the scheme? Does anybody know where that came from? (Referring to the Herm Edwards thread, and to the comments purported from Broaddus). I haven't heard any actual quotes from Mo...

visionary

Reaction score
Clearly you don't understand my paddy colloquialism. Good day to you sir.

oh i understood it, i just chose to respond to it literally since i am, after all, an android

cowboys1981

Reaction score
Yeah, working a new system all over again and because he hasn't adjusted in four games we write him off? Yup, clueless.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
People who say he is a bust have no clue as to what they're talking about. In most cases it's the narrow minded ones who can't think outside of the box. It's ok you are forgiven.

Those who say he hasn't been a bust so far have no clue as to what they're talking about. The kid was considered the best defensive player in the entire draft and was the 6th player taken overall and has done virtually nothing. He's been injured more than he's been healthy and the frustration has grown so much with him that even Stephen Jones called him out.

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
Given the scheme change it's not entirely his fault. But let's no kid ourselves. He is flat out awful right now. And being the 6th pick in the draft makes him a bust.

dart

Reaction score
and so 2 seattle DB drafted in the 5 round are better ?

what wrong with this picture

cowboys1981

Reaction score
All I'm saying is we need more time to see what transpires before we write him off. Seattle's front four ability to put tremendous pressure on QB's takes some pressure off of their CB's. I don't recall Claiborne missing as much game time as Jenkins did when he was here. I know he's struggling right now, but I won't write him off just yet.

17yearsandcounting

Reaction score
The Deion comparison is just laughable in hindsight. Deion was an ELITE athlete with borderline olympic speed and incredible agility. Clairborne well..is not an elite athlete. He is a very good athlete but worthy of 6 overall? Pat Peterson was an ELITE athlete and we missed him badly. Claiborne could figure it out and have a good career but he was worthy of being compared to Deion? Absolutely not. He is no longer the top athlete on the field, the NFL is full of very good athletes.

Lodeus

Reaction score
Mo is soft but I don't think he is total bust yet. Him being hurt this off season was terrible for his progression.

and so 2 seattle DB drafted in the 5 round are better ?

what wrong with this picture
I am sure a lot of teams fan bases are asking that same question.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Wow, a 2nd year player drafted for press coverage in the 3-4, then switch to a zone in the 4-3 and he struggles, so now he is a bust?

If nothing else, when he was drafted, he was not the strongest dude ever, they knew he had to get into the weight room and get stronger. Now, he gets injured and is trying to play with some sort of harness on his shoulder to keep it from popping out, and he struggles.

If only he had 78 INT's so far. Oh, well...cut his happy butt and move on. IG's at their best.

ftghb

Reaction score
A 'bust' label implies that Mo Claiborne is unsalvageable as a NFL pro. I think that's far off the mark. It's only his 2nd year, and given the right coaching and opportunity he can still be a good corner. However, i do think that benching him and calling him out publicly was the worst possible thing to do to him, in this situation.

lostar2009

Reaction score
It's his second season for crying out loud. Most corners usually don't come into their own until the 3rd year. Let's not forget that he's been playing through a very tough injury (shoulder) and a wrong scheme, arguably. Y'all are quick to pounce on someone after a bad game or two. Relax, he'll get better, I promise.

You are right Claiborne is not a bust, he is wash up !!!:D:D:D

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
All I'm saying is we need more time to see what transpires before we write him off. Seattle's front four ability to put tremendous pressure on QB's takes some pressure off of their CB's. I don't recall Claiborne missing as much game time as Jenkins did when he was here. I know he's struggling right now, but I won't write him off just yet.

What? Dude, the guy is a bust! He should have had at least 14 INT's during these first 4 games. Wake up....

I saw him try and cover a receiver for 11 seconds, and he could not do it! Ship him out of town, Just because the guys up front cannot pressure the QB is no reason that he cannot cover. Plus...they have tried him in the 3-4 and the 4-3 and the dude just does not get it! So what that his shoulder popped out and they have to duct tape it back...he should be better than that!