Stop saying Claiborne is a bust

pacy

82 WITTEN 82
Reaction score
He basically played his whole career at man coverage. He still has to learn how to play zone. He never played zone. So give him some time. I just don't get it why the front office traded up for him to get a great man coverage guy only to screw it up a year later with a new system where he has to play zone.

Playmaker247

Reaction score

JBond

Reaction score
With the investment for the corner position, I can't even comprehend why Jerry jones would switch from man to zone when he has 100 million dollars allocated between 3 CB's

The red ball of haze and the 40 year old brain know what they are doing. Who are you to question?

JBond

Reaction score
it was this same time last season when the moron brigade was calling dez a bust.

How did the season end? Look at KC. Lots of talent and a bit of coacthing does wonders.

Frozen700

Reaction score
Alan Ball?? Jacques Reeves?? Lance Frazier??

Where are you?

cowboys2233

Reaction score
Morris is getting screwed. We're also pissing away Carr's talents.

Wade Phillips' defense = Too simple
Rob Ryan's defense = Too complicated
Monte Kiffin's defense = Wrong scheme

Wonder what it will be next time?

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
It's his second season for crying out loud. Most corners usually don't come into their own until the 3rd year. Let's not forget that he's been playing through a very tough injury (shoulder) and a wrong scheme, arguably. Y'all are quick to pounce on someone after a bad game or two. Relax, he'll get better, I promise.

won't ever happen. there will always be a % of the fans who need someone to bag on.

shank

Reaction score
I was little concerned with his lack of aggressiveness last year but really was expecting a solid year from Mo. But he is starting to make excuses and that really not good sign. This guy was really close to being 'bust proof' coming out of college but he just doesn't look comfortable playing CB in NFL. I also think that shoulder is really bothering him and it might be best to shut him down for year and get surgery on it. Dallas is fortunate to have Scandrick is starter material.

lqmac1

Reaction score
I was little concerned with his lack of aggressiveness last year but really was expecting a solid year from Mo. But he is starting to make excuses and that really not good sign. This guy was really close to being 'bust proof' coming out of college but he just doesn't look comfortable playing CB in NFL. I also think that shoulder is really bothering him and it might be best to shut him down for year and get surgery on it. Dallas is fortunate to have Scandrick is starter material.

I agree about doing his surgery right now. He's not at the peak of his game right now so I wouldn't mind letting scandrick take over until mo is a 100%

cowboys1981

Reaction score
People who say he is a bust have no clue as to what they're talking about. In most cases it's the narrow minded ones who can't think outside of the box. It's ok you are forgiven.

cowboys1981

Reaction score
So tell us how to think outside the box sage one.

It doesn't take a genius to figure it out. He's still young and he's still learning. 2 seasons in the league and 2 different schemes he's had to learn. This basically makes him a rookie all over again. With that being said, there will be a learning curve to the new system and with that he'll find himself out of position more often then not. As he begins to adjust to the system he will be that much better. To say he's a bust with out considering the circumstance is ridiculous and premature.

1dcsailor

Reaction score
It's too early to say he is a bust but he certainly has been disappointing thus far considering where he was drafted. I think Claiborne needs to add some more muscle to his frame. That'll help him be able to withstand tackling those big ole running backs. It will also benefit him when he is in press coverage.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
People who say he is a bust have no clue as to what they're talking about. In most cases it's the narrow minded ones who can't think outside of the box. It's ok you are forgiven.

As of today, he has shown no progress and isn't getting better. To dismiss that is even more clueless.