Stop the Dak vs Watson stuff

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by coult44, Mar 2, 2021.

1. LACowboysFan1

LACowboysFan1 Well-Known Member

6,952 Messages
    4,183 Likes Received
    Zeke's early season fumbles on their own 25 yard line, etc. didn't help either...

Rockport likes this.
  2. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Regular Joe....

57,659 Messages
    26,029 Likes Received
    13-3, 69.2 Comp % (4th), 4544 Yds (5th), 37 TDs (5th), 6.5 TD% (7th), 10 INTs (5th tied), 1.7 INT% (7th tied), 107.2 Rt. (4th).

Allen had a really good season in 2020 and in his three years, he has improved dramatically every since. I think it's fair to say we need to see him for another season or two before we include him in the top 5 but, just based on the numbers, he's easily top 5.

JMO

3. 5Stars

5Stars Here comes the Sun...

30,305 Messages
    5,271 Likes Received
    Well, to be honest, Dak only needs one foot, his greatness will take over for the broken one.

khiladi likes this.
  4. LACowboysFan1

LACowboysFan1 Well-Known Member

6,952 Messages
    4,183 Likes Received
    Hey, stats mean nothing, don't you know that?

:thumbup:

5. Rockport

Rockport AmberBeer Zone Supporter

23,912 Messages
    22,015 Likes Received
    He didn't break his foot. Keep up.

6. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Regular Joe....

57,659 Messages
    26,029 Likes Received
    Not all stats. Wins mean everything, it's the biggest stat there is in the NFL. 13-3, tied for 2nd in the NFL.

5Stars and LACowboysFan1 like this.
  7. CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninHouston CowboysFaninDC

15,502 Messages
    6,942 Likes Received
    Dak has had a better offensive line, although Watson did have a decent offensive line until the let them walk and traded their LT (stupidity). in terms of having weapons at their disposal, I think Watson has had the better ones, given Hopkins >>>>>>> Dez (in the end) and Hopkins was >>> Cooper.

and there are many FO personnel that would take Dak over Watson and its only conjecture and opinion on your part that those GMs would not be GMs for long...that's total BS and makes you lose any little credibility you may have had.

and like I have said 100 times before in different posts...I love Martin. I think he is great, but he is not key to the offense. no one has yet named the 6 guards in the championship games in 2020, 2019 or 2018 for that matter without googling it.....a guard is not key to offensive success....if it was then Washington would have been in the superbowl, given they have Schreff on the line, one of the best guards in the league.

and Dak played with a hobbled smith, without collins and no fredrick and then lost smith this year and still produced a historically good offense.

Watson has had plenty of weapons in the past. he is a good QB. he is not elite and he hasn't lifted his team given twice he went 4-12. like I said, you have to suck pretty bad across the board to get 4 wins. even Quincy Carter and the chain gang got 5 wins.

you are just infatuated with Watson, who has proven he maybe a top 10 QB...fair enought, but far far far from being elite...

and just a reminder, that ravaged OL that Dak played behind, was #1 offense in the league while he played....in fact, Dak was the #1 passer two weeks after his injury.....

8. CowboysFaninHouston

15,502 Messages
    6,942 Likes Received
    we need to make stops, get the ball back to defense.... to expect the offense to score every drive is totally ridiculous. I posted stats about our quarter by quarter scoring averages and we were middle of the pack or higher over the past 3 eyars and top 5 in the 4th quarter....defensively, we were bottom of the league in every quarter.

TexasFrog likes this.
  9. CowboysFaninHouston

15,502 Messages
    6,942 Likes Received
    tell me about the governor...he got called on it and back tracked. now he lifted the mask mandates to deflect from the disaster that was not being ready to withstand three days of cold....

btw, you lost the argument 4 posts ago

10. CowboysFaninHouston

15,502 Messages
    6,942 Likes Received
    aaahhhh, mr spelling.......

11. Redsfan_83

Redsfan_83 Well-Known Member

901 Messages
    740 Likes Received
    #1 passer in the 2nd half remember? When down lots, and for what 4 or 5 games? Not even a knock on Dak, our OL and RB game hasn't been flawless this year, and he suffered early in games. Combined with our horrid D, many of our points were in the second half.

And you think I have something for Watson? Why, because your point has flaws? If you think our OL missing Smith, Fredricks and Martin is not key then you are not only ignorant, you are clueless. Did you watch any of our games this year, or in the last decade? Did you by chance notice how bad our OL was this year? Do you at all realize why we were so bad? I can't argue further with you, you don't get it and won't. Setup a poll and see how many of us would want Watson on our team over Dak. If we can be objective fans we will vote with facts, not your baseless ideas. We moved Martin around the line when we lost the other two and he adapted amazingly well...guess what happened when we lost him? To not say he is key to our line? SMH you are dense.

12. Typhus

Typhus Catching Catfish

8,741 Messages
    8,921 Likes Received
    You left a few off but that is besides the point.
    Dak and Watson are both very comparable, I agree with that comparison.

JJHLH1 likes this.
  13. GimmeTheBall!

GimmeTheBall! Junior College Transfer

28,880 Messages
    11,305 Likes Received
    Well, what a sophomoric response. Sorry, but that atguement was used with Romo a dozen years ago. And now with Dak.
    But if Dak would have gone 14-2 --- gadzooks!! Flurty on Westminstet! All glory to Dak! The new messiah!
    And, old fellow, what was all this chatter of about Brady winning the Super Bowl? One would think he did it all alone. That's the way it goes. Team leader gets the glory. Or the flak.

C'mon, give us a smile, me lad. Me favorite seaside chap.:)

You're still in on the Line Dancing convention in Waco? Don't disappoint!

14. GimmeTheBall!

28,880 Messages
    11,305 Likes Received
    :lmao2:
    STOP IT!!!:laugh:

15. GimmeTheBall!

28,880 Messages
    11,305 Likes Received
    Well, as long as we are NOW on the same page, dear chap.
    And we are still double-dating on Sunday? I with the library lady and you with Amber (her stage name) from the High Chaparrel club.

16. GimmeTheBall!

28,880 Messages
    11,305 Likes Received
    Yes. In the fifth primer, me teacher put a party hat on me big head and made me class monitor for a day, owing to me spelling prowess. It kept me safe from the bullies all day.:)

CowboysFaninHouston likes this.
  17. Rockport

23,912 Messages
    22,015 Likes Received
    Dak went 13-3 with a top 10 defense.

CowboysFaninHouston likes this.
  18. GimmeTheBall!

28,880 Messages
    11,305 Likes Received
    So ... LOL ... Dak won 13 games???
    Lol lol lol

CalPolyTechnique likes this.
  19. Rockport

23,912 Messages
    22,015 Likes Received
    No the team won 13 games led by Dak and a top 10 defense.

20. GimmeTheBall!

28,880 Messages
    11,305 Likes Received
    Tap dancing will get you no where except on The Ted Mack Amateur Hour!